Canned Heat performing Woodstock Boogie

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
some call it affection, some love..... next one call it music, but i'm calling it simple and pure...:puffpuff::puffpuff::puffpuff:
back in time when they could play and sing!

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
damn it, you can't find dude like them plyin the shit out of the instruments and that live, no way. That Larry Taylor on (bass) is the real deal!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
Arash jan:

I was under the impression that you are not old enough to have been to this concert. Am I right? If so, can I ask how you first came about to know about this band and how old were you when you first started to appreciate them? I hope you do not mind me asking.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Arash jan:
I was under the impression that you are not old enough to have been to this concert. Am I right? If so, can I ask how you first came about to know about this band and how old were you when you first started to appreciate them? I hope you do not mind me asking.
Indeed, you are right, I was not even close to this concert, but I wish I was.

I literally grew up with such music, both my parents listened to the type of Canned Heat, Jim Croce, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Pink Floyd and....loads of other classical rock and blues groups/singers!
I am so glad I own lots of vinyl records from 60's and 70's, they are not mine yet but some day they will, I even have one of my father's best and hottest vinyl players.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
thanks man.
i just wish i was 20 years older to have attended those events.
I was not even born when this happened, but I am glad my old man learned me to listen to the kind of music.
Larry Taylor is my absolute favorite on bass, even if I am much better playing acoustic and electric guitar!

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014

I literally grew up with such music, both my parents listened to the type of Canned Heat, Jim Croce, Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan, Cat Stevens, Pink Floyd and....loads of other classical rock and blues groups/singers!
I am so glad I own lots of vinyl records from 60's and 70's, they are not mine yet but some day they will, I even have one of my father's best and hottest vinyl players.
Thanks. Take care of the vinyl player. If it is a good one, it is already somewhat valuable.

Have you listened to the Pink Floyd album called Relics? If not give it a listen. You may like it.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

I listen to all of those guys you mentioned but in that era, since my dad went to Michigan State, I grew up with Motown you know The Temptations, Marvin, etc but I also grew up with old school west coat gangster rap but I also love the classic rock stuff so I am all over even some traditional country like Jonny Cash(I like playing I walk the line on the piano) but anyways nice list bro. BTW I'm 33 so 60s and 70s were before my time. I was born in Feb 82 and that year Michael Jackson's Thriller was released to the public.

This song by Marvin Gaye and Tammie Terrel Ain't no river is awesome.
[video=youtube;Xz-UvQYAmbg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg[/video]
RIP Marvin Gaye

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My Girl by the Temptations
[video=youtube;6IUG-9jZD-g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IUG-9jZD-g[/video]

RIP David Ruffin.

If you don't like this type of music I don't know what is wrong with you maybe you prefer the bubble gum hip hop of today they killed old school rap and old school like this stuff.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
My Girl by the Temptations

If you don't like this type of music I don't know what is wrong with you maybe you prefer the bubble gum hip hop of today they killed old school rap and old school like this stuff.
Me hombre :), don't know what dry weed you riding on, but I just can't stand the-crap-rap!
It's not racial but the closest black music I can come is Mr. John Lee Hooker and even the King of playing Electric Guitar the God himself Jimi Hendrix.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I listen to all of those guys you mentioned but in that era, since my dad went to Michigan State, I grew up with Motown you know The Temptations, Marvin, etc but I also grew up with old school west coat gangster rap but I also love the classic rock stuff so I am all over even some traditional country like Jonny Cash(I like playing I walk the line on the piano) but anyways nice list bro. BTW I'm 33 so 60s and 70s were before my time. I was born in Feb 82 and that year Michael Jackson's Thriller was released to the public.
This....... sweet, sweet :puffpuff:

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
TM:

Since you play the Piano and appreciate this type of music, you may like this clip by Yul Anderson performing "All Along the Watchtower" on the Piano. I think he also has a version without him singing. Both are really good. Check this out:

[video]https://myspace.com/yul_anderson/video/all-along-the-watchtower-by-yul-anderson-bob-dylan/39738333[/video]

Also the the remix which I am not a fan, but it is kind of interesting.

[video=youtube;1US2c9liBl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1US2c9liBl8[/video]

I am a bit surprised that you guys like this kind of music. Your parents must have had good taste in music.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Arash-Great call bro you can't go wrong with the man, the myth, the legend of Jimmy Hendrix. Now any Jimmy Hendrix song is a good excuse to I'll use a military term for smoking pot out of a bong(Fire in the hole!) :puffpuff: Only do it right or I will be disappointed don't be a schmuck and roll a joint you waste like 50% of your bud because you smoke it quickly. Get a nice bong aka waterpipe. They are expensive but nothing hits better than a Roor. I got mine custom made from www.roor.de(deutschland) and it's a 7 mm 2 1/2 foot Roor black label with the king crow(SO it is the rolls royce the shipping along from Germany cost $50 some people's bong costs that much total price $500. Torch($20) wand(10) plus OG kush moon rock og rolls royce bud(at the clubs they sell it for $100 an 8th that is high end but with my military discount I get it for $70 it's expensive because it is rolled in CO2 concentrate and hash oil plus keef so you take only ONE BONG HIT instead of three or four with crappy weed or two joints and you are feeling blitzkreiged mein bruder das ist gut ya. I named her Helga Von RooR btw she is my new girlfriend lol we're in love.
Gaines jan, can you get me the notes to that song it was beautiful. In six months, after I get done hopefully learning Spanish(need to for my job) I will take piano lessons again. Now I can play this song but it would take me forever to read the notes. I want to go back to the level I was where I could sheet read music and without ever hearing the song I could play it. That will take about a year or so of training. I can probably piece some of it together by hearing it enough thank you for that.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
@Arash-Great call bro you can't go wrong with the man, the myth, the legend of Jimmy Hendrix. Now any Jimmy Hendrix song is a good excuse to I'll use a military term for smoking pot out of a bong(Fire in the hole!) Only do it right or I will be disappointed don't be a schmuck and roll a joint you waste like 50% of your bud because you smoke it quickly. Get a nice bong aka waterpipe. They are expensive but nothing hits better than a Roor. I got mine custom made from www.roor.de(deutschland).
You know talking about Canned Heat and "blues-rock" or "boogie-rock", the FOGHAT are the closest you can get nice blues-rock and I say as it been said by Jim Carrey once at MTV awards;
"I got a little bone to pick with the programming department. I like rap music as much as the next frightened caucasian, but would it kill you every once in a while to play a little FOGHAT"
By the way this is what you can get when you visit Barcelona in "Las Ramblas area"!

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Not bad but I ordered a custom made Roor.DE which is basically 7mm in diametr(they only go to five so it costs more $$) and custom make it to a beaker style 2 1/2 foot. I will post it when it comes in a few months. Right now I have a back up 2 ft 5 mm RooR but the differnce is that roor is $250 USD and the roor that I am ordering is $525. Nice dodo though. I used to have a bong similar to that pic but I find (and remember most of us here are engineers) when you use a beaker style, which goes straight up, it is more efficient because it doesn't need to go through two of thoe things. Now that bud is not bad but one of these days I'll post a pic of some Moonrock OG which will blow your mind and the roor. If you are ever in So cal come by personally, I find that most of the spanish girls look like a hourse of course of course.

Ok I'll white boy it up and show you one of the jams I like to play on the piano Journey Don't Stop believeing and Metallica's Unforgiven. I'm not going to lie, this was one of the most challenging songs I had to learn by ear and tutorials online. If you hate this song slap yourself for being a dumkompf. Mein muder ich been DDR that is a DDR boy order I'm not 100% Persian, in fact I'm only 25% fars 50 tork 25 DDR lol Stazi bitches.
[video=youtube;Ckom3gf57Yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckom3gf57Yw[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
. This is one of my favorite songs to play by Ramstein(DDR boys) Ohne Dich. If you learn the lyrics it's such a sad song.
[video=youtube;189w5xpkt0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189w5xpkt0Y[/video]
You can get the message if you hear about it the soldier is going to a wasteland where the birds don't churp and he's saying to his love I can't live with you and I can't live without you who is me. They do dark heavy metal but then they can switch it up and play a masterpiece like that. DDR boys Ramsein das ist gut. You don't have to speak a word of German in order to understand it's message because music is the universal language. When I was in Tokyo I jammed with a few Japanese dudes and we did some impromptu jazz but here is the song. This is from the movie Stalingrad. It's a very powerful scene.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
. This is one of my favorite songs to play by Ramstein(DDR boys) Ohne Dich. If you learn the lyrics it's such a sad song.
youtube;189w5xpkt0Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=189w5xpkt0Y
now we talking real deal!
I saw them in O2 London, damn we jumped (7 of us)....."jawohl mein fuir"!

my absolute favorite Du Hast
[video=youtube;KzGKsXPBILw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzGKsXPBILw[/video]