Carlos Queiroz quits as Iran boss - What do we do next?

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
(IranSportsPress.com) | Independent.ie - Iran coach Carlos Queiroz confirmed his decision to step down after their World Cup exit on Wednesday, calling his relationship with the country’s football association a one-sided marriage.
“I didn’t I receive any single concrete or attractive proposal to stay on over the last 11 months,” he told reporters after his side lost their last Group F match 3-1 to Bosnia to miss out on a first appearance in the knockout stages.
“As you can imagine I feel very proud and it’s an honour to work for Iran. I will always keep the country and the players in my heart.
“I fell in love with them (the players). But you can’t have a marriage when only one person wants to stay married and unfortunately it’s not the people on Facebook who make the decision,” he added after Iranian reporters told him social media was awash with demands he stay on.
“After going through the 11 months without hearing anything, I have been forced to make a decision.
“I have just come here to say thank you to all who have supported me and given me this opportunity to work for Iran.”
Queiroz showed a flair for the dramatic as he waylaid several direct probes about his future at the news conference, preferring to exhaust all question about the match before then making his announcement.
Meanwhile, Alberto Zaccheroni stepped down as Japan coach on Wednesday after taking full responsibility for the Asian champions’ group stage exit at the World Cup.
Japan’s dismal World Cup campaign ended with a 4-1 defeat by Colombia on Tuesday as they finished bottom of Group C with only one point after an opening loss to Ivory Coast and 0-0 draw with 10-man Greece.
“I am the one that decided on the tactics and how we play and I want to take full responsibility,” the Italian was quoted as saying by Kyodo News.
“Everyone got together at lunch today and I offered my thanks to all the people that have supported the team. I would select exactly the same players and staff if I had another chance.”
Japan will attempt to defend their Asian Cup title in Australia in January.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Looks like he's officially leaving the team but at the same time we see something like this...

(IranSportsPress.com) | Tehran Times - Iran’s minister of sports and youth, Mahmoud Goudarzi, said that they are ready to help the Iranian Football Federation (IFF) to extend Carlos Queiroz’s contract.

Queiroz has recently revealed that the IFF had offered him the chance to stay, but the former Portugal coach believes financial restrictions mean that he cannot take Iran any further.

“I will end my relationship (with Iran) after the World Cup. There is not enough support from the government, and it’s clear this interest, in fact, is over, due to financial conditions,” the Portuguese told reporters last week.

On the margins of Wednesday’s cabinet meeting, Goudarzi said the ministry is ready to help the Iranian football federation to lift all restrictions.

“We don’t disagree with Carlos Queiroz’s contract extension since the Iranian football team has earned the good results under guidance of him in the World Cup, but as we have already said, the federation has to decided on his future and we are ready to provide financial assistance,” Iran’s Minister of Sports and Youth said.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
This is a little late from them. They should have extended his contract before the World Cup and at minimum made him a very serious offer as soon as the Argentina match was over. The fact is that we have not had a coach as good as him in many years and we need someone with not just experience but also the patience to deal with all the different stuff going on in Iran. I'd vote to make Gaspar the next coach of the team before we give it to another unqualified Iranian coach.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Im not trying to be pessimistic! But we wait another 8 years until we qualify the world cup with a foreign coach again... That's how it always is... You know were going to be in trouble when were getting an Iranian coach! So expect many screw ups from now on...

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
What we do next is exactly this as others before me have mentioned:

1. Hire a good foreign coach for the AC.
2. Get rid of and retire all players over 30 and bring in as much young players as possible.
3. Play many good teams and have a good preparation plan unlike this WC.
4. Don't bring back players who created hashiye in the past.
5. Make our fitness better, our fitness was unbelievably embarrassing when comparing with Bosnia in our last game.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
all of our player perhaps with the exception of Ando and Dejageh need to hit weight room.

their body physic is not something a coach of any caliber can fix.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
No I think it is coach's responsibility what the players even eat.
I remember and I already said that Kia told reporeters that it was Ivic's training that made him out runn American defense and scored that winning goal in 98
I was surprised too as how fit the players were. in fact I had never seen Iranian players play and tackle so well. Pasha was amazing on the left... as the rest of the team...\

all of our player perhaps with the exception of Ando and Dejageh need to hit weight room.

their body physic is not something a coach of any caliber can fix.

May 12, 2007
We shouldn't go for winning Asian champeonship we should give expirience to our younger players like sadeghyan. Jaghob Karimi, Rahmani. I

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I agree...

only thing I think it is the so-called officials or the herasatis who create hashyehi stuff. of course some of the players unfortunately co operate with them.
or used to...
I want to see a hard coach who gives the team a lot of training and watches over their diet too. There is no excuse for a pro player not to be in the gym at least 1 or 2 hours a day.

But all that can only happen in an ideal situation and Iran is far from that :(

What we do next is exactly this as others before me have mentioned:

1. Hire a good foreign coach for the AC.
2. Get rid of and retire all players over 30 and bring in as much young players as possible.
3. Play many good teams and have a good preparation plan unlike this WC.
4. Don't bring back players who created hashiye in the past.
5. Make our fitness better, our fitness was unbelievably embarrassing when comparing with Bosnia in our last game.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
we have to improve our league, get ride of the old players in team and go for a young team, regardless of the result, allow them to be together, work together for the next for years and we will at least have a good young team in 4 years.

If i were Ando, Shojaei, Jalli and Javad i would announce my retirement from tm today. that is the best thing they can do. keep your respect and step aside while you can before you hear the boooos from the crowd.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
We do ,what we do the best. Reinvent the wheel, go trough the cycle and just before the next qualifications hire another famous coach ,pay him millions of dollars of tounge-less money to win a handful of games to qualify us,then hope for an "aberoo mandaneh" loss against one of the giants so we can pour to the streets and celebrate our heroic loss.

The problem is not only our federation , but majority of our football community is Natije gara and result oriented. That is why we spend ton loads money on CQ likes with very little in return. What we actually need is coaches that can build and revolutionalize our program. Fans don't have patience for it, federation doesn't either and is being responsive to fans and media. That is why the cycle keeps continuing.
In terms of development of "program" and not just TM results, we are not only ahead of 40 years ago, but have taken steps back....But Bengar,rahmati and aghili make more than a million dollar a year so looks like we must have improved :)

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
I agree...

only thing I think it is the so-called officials or the herasatis who create hashyehi stuff. of course some of the players unfortunately co operate with them.
or used to...
I want to see a hard coach who gives the team a lot of training and watches over their diet too. There is no excuse for a pro player not to be in the gym at least 1 or 2 hours a day.

But all that can only happen in an ideal situation and Iran is far from that :(
I agree!.. It is very hard for Iran to change.. But it must change!

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
we have to improve our league, get ride of the old players in team and go for a young team, regardless of the result, allow them to be together, work together for the next for years and we will at least have a good young team in 4 years.

If i were Ando, Shojaei, Jalli and Javad i would announce my retirement from tm today. that is the best thing they can do. keep your respect and step aside while you can before you hear the boooos from the crowd.
Exactly, this is the best thing we can do now! But unfortunately Iranians and the media are impatient and want results right away..

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
What Should We Do?

I think we must give a bigger salary to the IFF officials and the vazir
I think we must play friendlies with top teams like Afghanistan, India and Maldives and then celebrate the winnings and declare national holidays
I think we must feed TM players chelo kabab soltani with added joojeh kabaab 7 days a week and keep them fat and happy.
I think we must use vatani coach from far away villages in Iran to avoid janjal (scandal) and to get away cheap.

LOL That was a joke in case some one didnt get it this is what I meant to say and sorry for using ''I, I, I" so many times, that was for the lack of better word (I cant say you you you heh wont make sense) :

I think we should re-organize IFF
I also think we must reorganize TM as well.
I think we must bring a great coach who can put the team in a great physical shape. Our players must be able to run for 120 minutes straight!
Then have friendlies after friendlies with good teams and ones who are hard to beat (not like with that little unknown countries who dont even play football lol).
We must make FIFA's top 10 team in the world by next year! huh!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
No I think it is coach's responsibility what the players even eat.
I remember and I already said that Kia told reporeters that it was Ivic's training that made him out runn American defense and scored that winning goal in 98
I was surprised too as how fit the players were. in fact I had never seen Iranian players play and tackle so well. Pasha was amazing on the left... as the rest of the team...\
man you must be out of your mind. the training was about endurance for running.

and frankly that should be the last worry of a national team coach.

our players need to do much more weight so when somebody puts a body on them they can withstand that hit.

so many of our player lose the ball because they are just not strong enough to take the upper body hits.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
You guys really think CQ or NO CQ will make any fundmental differences? In khane az bikh ( Nezam) kharab ast....

think this simply demonstrates state f our professional mentality:

گزارش خبرنگار اعزامی فارس از برزیل
پلیس مزدک میرزایی را از ورزشگاه بیرون کرد
پلیس برزیل گزارشگر صدا و سیمای ایران را از ورزشگاه دیدار ایران و بوسنی بیرون کرد.

به گزارش خبرنگار اعزامی فارس از برزیل، در جریان دیدار تیم***های ایران و بوسنی و در بین دو نیمه پلیس به داخل ورزشگاه آمده و مزدک میرزایی را از ورزشگاه بیرون کرد.

نکته قابل توجه اینکه مزدک میرزایی هم آی دی کارت داشت و هم بلیت این دیدار را، اما چون باکس مخصوص برای گزارش این دیدار خریداری نشده بود، اجازه گزارش مستقیم از برزیل را پیدا نکرده و حق گزارش را پیدا نکرد