Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Goodbye 👋 leave the spare key under the door mat and don't come back ...
He was a big let down at this world cup and I personally can't forgive him for being a spineless coward .

I like fighters who put up a fight and show good spirit like in 2014 and 18 and not critical about not winning the Asian Cup but pre match losers have no place in my book.

footy

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2019
Marina Dool Rey
Carlos Queiroz to be named Qatar’s coach: Portuguese media
Carlos Queiroz, who led the Iranian national team to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, is on the verge of becoming the new coach of Qatar, DN, a Portuguese news website, reported on Tuesday.

According to DN, the Portuguese coach is on his way to Doha to sign a contract and will soon be announced as the new coach of the Qatar national team.
The 69-year-old Queroz is one of the seven Portuguese coaches handling foreign teams.
----
I do not think this guy is done with Iran, my guess is, he will go to Qatar, fail, then come back to Iran and unfortunately some Iranians would still support this move calling him the greatest thing that happened to Iranian football without a single trophy or achievement to back it up!
Would you be happy if he purchased and gifted a replica of WC trophy? Amazing how all of the sudden football became secondary due to protests, was in a way pissing on his show.

Iran is tricky and he knows they want his and taj's blood by now.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
What a job done by CQ and Qatar last night taking down Mexico in the USA during their 3rd match in the Gold Cup. CQ just qualified Qatar to the quarter finals by taking down Mexico in front of a sold out crowd 1-0. He was also unlucky as Qatar got scored on at the 96th min in their previous 2 matches losing one and drawing one. This Qatari team is half ass and a lot of their main players are missing. However they managed to get through. If you get a chance their next gam will be next Saturday 4PM and the opponent TBD.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
What a job done by CQ and Qatar last night taking down Mexico in the USA during their 3rd match in the Gold Cup. CQ just qualified Qatar to the quarter finals by taking down Mexico in front of a sold out crowd 1-0. He was also unlucky as Qatar got scored on at the 96th min in their previous 2 matches losing one and drawing one. This Qatari team is half ass and a lot of their main players are missing. However they managed to get through. If you get a chance their next gam will be next Saturday 4PM and the opponent TBD.
Many might not be familiar with this.
CQ finished 2nd, in a group consisting of Mexico, Qatar, Honduras and Haiti. His only win against Mexico, He had ONE shot on target and 23% possession.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Panama 4 - Qatar 0
57th team in FIFA ranking destroyed 58th team in Gold cup thanks to genius CQ lol

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Keep losing Carlos, your mmisery causes joy and extra traffic on this site ! 😂
It doesn't bring joy, it pin points how we spent million of dollars for a mediocre coach and expected results. In terms of traffic, LoL, go look at footbalitarin and see how many people comment, nobody gives a damn about football in Iran.
Yet this thread has the highest comments:
https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=585957

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
He was good for us in 2014 and 2018 , but I was disappointed with him in the last world cup ,he failed with his coward approach in the first game specially.
He bought discipline and unity to the team that he should be credited for. I also liked him till 2018 but he was done after the loss to Japan.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Loss to Japan was a fluke , bit of bad luck and got out of hand . We can't judge him on one game , even though it was a big game . Could happen to any team on a bad day.
No it wasn't
From the beginning of the tournament he didn't address the shortcomings and it showed against a stronger more disciplined team.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Loss to Japan was a fluke , bit of bad luck and got out of hand . We can't judge him on one game , even though it was a big game . Could happen to any team on a bad day.

and the Morocco win was planned and calculated? 
You can ask the Spanish coach the same thing after their win against us and the Portugal coach too while you're at it 😃

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
No it wasn't

From the beginning of the tournament he didn't address the shortcomings and it showed against a stronger more disciplined team.
Maybe so , I can't remember right now , but referring to Japan game it was pretty even and we looked the better team until they scored the first goal due to the bus lover kanaani fuck up , after that they fell apart.