Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
I don’t call it jealousy. They are great players from the past who are put in the position of giving an analysis. They must give one, even if they don’t have all the pieces they need to provide an expert opinion. It is the fault of the programs that put these players on the spot.

Feb 4, 2005
I don’t call it jealousy. They are great players from the past who are put in the position of giving an analysis. They must give one, even if they don’t have all the pieces they need to provide an expert opinion. It is the fault of the programs that put these players on the spot.
True but it is my favourite player's fault to attend a program run by MinaGOOZ.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I don't understand how you guys determine this group was not the toughest group? Some guy writes some romantic post and secretly continues to bash TM. In Japan and Argentina group teams with 4 points actually qualified where Iran did not. In Iran's group there were 2 top seeded teams that both should have been group leaders and because of Russia both ended up with Iran. Iran's group was the only group in the world cup which had 2 top seeded teams in there. Plus Morocco which proved it can beat both Spain and Portugal. Looking at the games now where 48 games are already played and judging groups is not a fair assessment and even with that said Iran's group was still the hardest.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Think saw khiabani was asking minister of sports or head of IFF other day to have these two put a lid on their public fighting in respect for the Iranian people and work it out privately .. but it looks like it may go on publicly for a while.

Coach Q has taken time to take issue with Branco' again, anything from using his embassy to respond to Branco's put downs to Branco's education vs. his ethics to jabbing at Ukrainian players recruited in the past.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1534677/جدیدترین-پاسخ-کی-روش-به-مصاحبه-برانکو

Dec 30, 2014
I don't understand how you guys determine this group was not the toughest group? Some guy writes some romantic post and secretly continues to bash TM. In Japan and Argentina group teams with 4 points actually qualified where Iran did not. In Iran's group there were 2 top seeded teams that both should have been group leaders and because of Russia both ended up with Iran. Iran's group was the only group in the world cup which had 2 top seeded teams in there. Plus Morocco which proved it can beat both Spain and Portugal. Looking at the games now where 48 games are already played and judging groups is not a fair assessment and even with that said Iran's group was still the hardest.
Absolutely right!! Some guy (never heard of Behravesh) writes something and we are supposed to ignore what we see before our very own eyes? His writing clearly has an agenda. May be he is similar to our own haters here, may be not. But his agenda is hard to miss.

A- Iran beat Korea in Korea. The very team that beat Germany 2-0 was dominated in Tehran and in Korea. Yes, the scores were 1-0, but anyone who watched the games will remember that Korea could not do anything in those games.

B- Yes, Iran's group was one of the most difficult, if not the most difficult. Spain dominated their qualifying group. Portugal won the Euro championships. I would not be surprised if one or both reach the semis or beyond.

C- Iran beating Morocco had an element of luck, but was not a lucky win. If Iran had conceded a goal to Morocco (Spain did), then it would not be in a position to win. If Iran had not attacked to the last minute, it would not have got the goal. When the Moroccon defender scored the own goal, he had two Iranian players menacing him. So yes, there was an element of luck similar to all games, but it was not a lucky win.

D- The writer does not understand the function of a national coach. His job is not so much as to "teach" football, but to organize a team of individuals, motivate them, get the best out of them, and devise correct strategies to get the right outcome. CQ succeeded on all counts. PERIOD.

In any event, this WC was a success for Iran. Yes, it could obviously have gone better (it could have gone worse as well). Taremi missed very good chances in the dying minutes of both games. Ronaldo could have and should have been ejected. But this WC was a success regardless. Anyone who pretends otherwise, or undervalues what CQ has done obviously has an agenda.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Iran's defense made it the toughest group..

I am split .. I enjoy some halves when we kept opponent away but when we needed fire power it wasnt there... and it was obvious. Stats don't lie.
Makes me think next time we need to lit more candles at sagha-khooneh for more own-goals our way.

Dec 30, 2014
Think saw khiabani was asking minister of sports or head of IFF other day to have these two put a lid on their public fighting in respect for the Iranian people and work it out privately .. but it looks like it may go on publicly for a while.

Coach Q has taken time to take issue with Branco' again, anything from using his embassy to respond to Branco's put downs to Branco's education vs. his ethics to jabbing at Ukrainian players recruited in the past.

http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1534677/جدیدترین-پاسخ-کی-روش-به-مصاحبه-برانکو
Seriously? How is shutting CQ (or Branko for that matter) is "respecting Iranian People"?!! These poor Iranians sure have a lot of people worrying about them!! Iranians know very well who is in their corner and who are the opportunists trying to muddy the success of this WC. They do not need a new spokesman every other day.

Spats between coaches is common in every single country. It has nothing to do with respecting or disrespecting the people of that country.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ well the thing is a lot of actual dirt appears in between their jabs... Khiabani was not happy with Q;s immediate interview and attack right after the WC shirin performance.

look closer, his blog by itself is 10 years long...
Absolutely right!! Some guy (never heard of Behravesh) writes something

Dec 30, 2014
look closer, his blog by itself is 10 years long...
Not sure what, if anything, it proves.

Many people here and other Iranian and foreign soccer sites have been writing about TM and soccer since the late 90s. Clearly it does not make them experts. Go back about 1-2 years on this site and see what some people here were saying about CQ. They were clueless 20 years ago, 10 years ago, and last year. And some of them have written tens of thousands of posts.;)

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
you made it sound like he just popped to the scene with ur earlier comment... duh!!!!!!

In Iran they aren't at liberty of stating their opinion like me and you freely, he's paid court fees etc, these writers back their ideas with their blood and sweat.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
you made it sound like he just popped to the scene with ur earlier comment... duh!!!!!!
Not really. I just said, I had never heard of him. There are literally millions of people with blogs about everything imaginable. I do not know them, including this one. Do you know him or what his claim to fame is? Was he a players at any of the Iranian or foreign clubs? Was a he a coach somewhere? I literally just heard of him in this thread.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
well then get acquainted.

In Iran they aren't at liberty of stating their opinion like me and you freely, he's paid court dues fees covering football, these writers back their ideas with their blood and sweat.

Dec 30, 2014
well then get acquainted.

In Iran they aren't at liberty of stating their opinion like me and you freely, he's paid court dues fees covering football, these writers back their ideas with their blood and sweat.
That was brilliant. You didn't answer the question while clearly answering it. Let me state what I understand from your answer: His qualification is that he writes a blog in Iran. Ok. Got it.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ baba toe digeh key hasti mashti.. velemooon kon .. bebakhshid.. you log paragraphs instead of going back and investigating and reading a bit.. khodafz

Dec 30, 2014
^ No need to take it personally. My point is that just because some guy writes a blog on the internet, does not make him an expert or his opinions valid or noteworthy. Whether or not he writes it in Iran is really irrelevant.