Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

Feb 4, 2005
While I sort of agree with some points that Kasra made, I should say that CQ must resign this time. I love the guy and cannot deny the miracles he has done to our football but if he is sure it will be the same bowl and same soup he should leave but if he stays then nothing short of making it to the final is expected. He can do it, team can do it, if other factors stop it from happening he should just leave with a big fuck you to all others involved.

While I sort of agree with some points that Kasra made, I should say that CQ must resign this time. I love the guy and cannot deny the miracles he has done to our football but if he is sure it will be the same bowl and same soup he should leave but if he stays then nothing short of making it to the final is expected. He can do it, team can do it, if other factors stop it from happening he should just leave with a big fuck you to all others involved.

.Fair enough

Nov 24, 2002
I am ready to put money that the moment he leaves the decline in our football start. Bazikon salari, qualifying by salamo salavat, and many other shit that happened constantly in our football.
Iran needs some hard head character such as him. Soft spoken guy won't take this team anywhere. They are either bunch of Chaploos like Branko who would suck Karimi's dick if it was in price of getting result or real soft characters are not good for these bunch of wolfs.

Feb 4, 2005
Yes of course those things happen when he leaves. For his good i hope he does and as i said with a big fuck you to establishment but i believe if he stays he should be confident to deliver now despite all the dick heads.

Nov 24, 2002
Yes of course those things happen when he leaves. For his good i hope he does and as i said with a big fuck you to establishment but i believe if he stays he should be confident to deliver now despite all the dick heads.
People who bash him will appriciate his work once he leaves.
With lack of good connection and agents he is pushing young kids to play in some 2nd rated European leagues while they can make 2-3 times more in Iran. It is not an easy thing specially when most of these kids coming from poor family and he push them to come out of their comfort zone, ignore big money and leave the country at very young age.
Obviously bashers never see all these details.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I bet you there are few people here on this site, whether among staffs or members that are actually happy when TM doesn't get result. Call it 5-10-15 yrs old kid, adult whatever, but it actually exist..
Who cares mate, they are what they are and we are what we are, each to his own.
We are proud of this team and what they achieved, that's all that matters.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
As long as I remember I always expected team melli to go and win the cup.
Even if Branko or mayelikohan were the coach, we are Iran. I grew up with 3 consecutive Asian cups, ONE ASIAN games gold and Champions league title.
With this coach and on the back of recent showings I expect them more than ever in recent years to win it, if shit don't happen such as bad luck or bad refs etc.

Feb 4, 2005
People who bash him will appriciate his work once he leaves.
With lack of good connection and agents he is pushing young kids to play in some 2nd rated European leagues while they can make 2-3 times more in Iran. It is not an easy thing specially when most of these kids coming from poor family and he push them to come out of their comfort zone, ignore big money and leave the country at very young age.
Obviously bashers never see all these details.
Of course. He will leave at some point and GN or someone else will take us back to namaz after defeating mighty bahrain in azadi

Nov 24, 2002
داستان کی روش مثل انقلاب ایرانه. خوشی زده زیر دل این ملت. کی روش نه خداست نه براش میشه داستان حماسی نوشت اما برای سر این فوتبال مریض زیاده.

Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
All this talk about winning the Asia cup. Everyone knows what it really takes to win the asia cup, and it's money. The day Iran pays AFC the money the other big nations do, we will win. If we don't pay them, we will be cheated by the refs similar to 2004, and 2015, when we clearly had the best team, but failed to win.

That's the truth my friends, and we all know it.

All this talk about winning the Asia cup. Everyone knows what it really takes to win the asia cup, and it's money. The day Iran pays AFC the money the other big nations do, we will win. If we don't pay them, we will be cheated by the refs similar to 2004, and 2015, when we clearly had the best team, but failed to win.

That's the truth my friends, and we all know it.
so It's like Iran make a deposit prior to the cup and then AFC will organize a meeting with all the refs saying; Iran paid us this time so they have to win?

Now this will lead me to my next question, How much must each country pay to win the cup?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
so It's like Iran make a deposit prior to the cup and then AFC will organize a meeting with all the refs saying; Iran paid us this time so they have to win?

Now this will lead me to my next question, How much must each country pay to win the cup?
Yes that's exactly what it's like. You know exactly the point I'm making.

^ I guess that shuts that bribe miscalculations.
When a nation lives in a bubble throughout their history then you can't expect more than this. Once you turn the page of our history either it was Arab's fault, the Mongol empire or British's. We did absolutely nothing wrong. it's never been our responsibility.

now if you don't mind, I have to go meet some local charity to see if we can raise some funds and send it to AFC and hopefully they give us some discounts. It seems due to US Sanction, IFF cannot wire transfer.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I think when money is being mentioned its more about influence rather than money directly but ultimately it comes to contributions and having a strong lobby and membership within the AFC. Ill give you an example that if Iran had a strong lobby in the AFC they could have reduce Ezzatollahis ban from 2 games to 1. This has happened with many countries and their federations and calls and decisions that can have some influence in your direction. This in return will provide edge in certain cases and you always need better edge to the ultimate winner at the end. There are many other ways where your influence and lobby within the system can contribute to you. If you start voicing concerns about refereeing and how its going against you there may be talks prior to games to the whole refereeing team or those doing the games in a way to make sure certain things does not happen. This is not far fetched and it happens all the time and has in time. I have seen this even happen in the NBA with complains on referees calling certain plays on certain players and reducing the number of fouls called in more than a few occasions when it came to a certain playoff series.

What I am trying to get to is there are teams that have better lobby and influence within the system and that gets there where they need to. Ultimately look at the issues that surrounded Russia and especially Qatar hosting the World Cup. If that's not lobbying and cheating to the highest level I am not sure what is! These matters are not to be used as an excuse but rather a more clear way to see the whole picture that after all the world of sports, politics, and gambling is a dirty world at the end of the day.

I think when money is being mentioned its more about influence rather than money directly but ultimately it comes to contributions and having a strong lobby and membership within the AFC. Ill give you an example that if Iran had a strong lobby in the AFC they could have reduce Ezzatollahis ban from 2 games to 1. This has happened with many countries and their federations and calls and decisions that can have some influence in your direction. This in return will provide edge in certain cases and you always need better edge to the ultimate winner at the end. There are many other ways where your influence and lobby within the system can contribute to you. If you start voicing concerns about refereeing and how its going against you there may be talks prior to games to the whole refereeing team or those doing the games in a way to make sure certain things does not happen. This is not far fetched and it happens all the time and has in time. I have seen this even happen in the NBA with complains on referees calling certain plays on certain players and reducing the number of fouls called in more than a few occasions when it came to a certain playoff series.

What I am trying to get to is there are teams that have better lobby and influence within the system and that gets there where they need to. Ultimately look at the issues that surrounded Russia and especially Qatar hosting the World Cup. If that's not lobbying and cheating to the highest level I am not sure what is! These matters are not to be used as an excuse but rather a more clear way to see the whole picture that after all the world of sports, politics, and gambling is a dirty world at the end of the day.
Hmmm, interesting!!!!. In that case why so much worried about keeping CQ and be afraid of losing him? Put a monkey in the charge of the team and he should do the job. I mean with this theory we don't get anywhere in Asia with or without CQ as it only belongs to those who contribute or contribute more, isn't it?
Fucking Japan, three championships since 2000 must have cost them a fortune, bastards, always thought they're a decent nation....