Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Parma has a goal difference of 20 .. we can twist least goals scored , actual 57 which isn't a bad number.. 1.35 goal per game. THey had to score to get there, not park the bus... Helllllllllllllllloooo!

and yes great defense stats as well..

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
tu sei ragione but it still doesn't change the fact that they actually had to score to get to the prize..they played their cards right assuming it.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
lol.
He choose the wrong moment to make a post. No one here can beat u when it come to Italian football.
Thanks man, I love Italian football as everyone knows. I have been following it since I was very young, before started school and have never stopped following it since. Unfortunately Calcio has been hit by bad management's, corruption, and bankrrupcy as Parma a very good example of how damaging it has been to Italian football. In 2015 Parma played the most attractive football in Italy with Cassano doing his magic and Donadoni as the coach. They should have played in Europa league the year after but ended up in SerieD. Another example is Bari this year, a team that bring 50K fans to the stadium for a serieB playoff game is defaulting because of bankrrupcy and bad management.
I never really liked Iranian football as the quality never were up to the par and I always hated both Esteghlal and Perspolis but start loving TM in 96 Asian Cup with Bagheri, Azizi, and Abedzadeh as my favorites. I always read your posts to have an understanding of Iranian football as I am clueless mostly when it comes to Iranian football.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
talking of that Series B in 2017-18 (sorry for being off-topic here) for the last time, forth place horse had same goal difference (as parma in 2nd place) on two more goals scored and against but didnt' get promoted on difference of one point... (and a better GD than the 3rd team which got promoted as well.
that sucks) Parma also had the least draws than entire other teams.. very odd looking table.. feels rigged like italian football these days.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/standings/_/league/ita.2

and decent stats for their 36 years old forward too..
https://int.soccerway.com/players/emanuele-calaio/17678/

other prompted team on budget.. haha; Frosinone opened its Benito Stirpe Stadium this season more than 40 years after construction began, including 30 years of inactivity.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
tu sei ragione but it still doesn't change the fact that they actually had to score to get to the prize..they played their cards right assuming it.
Of ourse they needed to score to be the runner up, I mean you gotta score to be at top. The point is they weren't an attacking team but a defensive one. I mean D'Aversa their coach was a defensive midfielder so it kinda make sense.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ fact that the had the least draws than the entire table tells me they were'nt' as defensive minded as it looks on the paper.. but thx for ur input.. it was nice mini off-topic discussion..

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
^ fact that the had the least draws than the entire table tells me they were'nt' as defensive minded as it looks on the paper.. but thx for ur input.. it was nice mini off-topic discussion..
Winning 1-0 is not really an attacking minded style football, I mean Sacchi's team of that great Milan won most games mostly by scoring and defending the lead with one of the greatest defensive line up of the game. The same can be argued with TM in the AFC qualification stage.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
A8K I really don't get why are you so much against CQ system if it works and has worked very well and in terms of progress each game and each year it has become more efficient and stronger. Think about it with the last game Iran played they almost topped the group of death and went into the second round. Plus they did achieve their best results in history in a WC playing some very tough opponents. This is quite an achievement by itself along many other things which he has made better for Iran and Iranian players. Don't think for one second that if a coach changes all of a sudden the same defensive machine will continue and all of a sudden Iran starts scoring. In football you have to give something to get something and then discipline which is built here and mainly focused on defense will start to get scored on if it does become more offensive in the next WC. In the Asian Cup I do agree we should play a bit more offensive but not too much. Just similar to the WC qualifiers where we were very efficient at every step. A same method should be implemented and I am almost certain CQ will follow this criteria as it fits with his thinking style and philosophy of the game.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ bro it was just a crack, I mixed a nice looking record of a team for a jab at Q.. dont' get so hyped up.. we gone through this before.

But wasn't meant to be, both the team and the mentioned forward are punished for rigging, parma deducted 5 points and player out for 2 years.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Exactly what i have been saying ! NO ONE is denying what CQ did for Iran and our football, but UNLESS he changes his mentality, we need a better coach to take us to the next level.

Now, some can say, no one would coach Iran and if CQ leaves Ali Parvin takes over, that is a different debates, YES 100%, I rather CQ stays *IF* Ali Parvin is going to take care !
We need to be realistic ,we can't get a better coach than him ,and if he goes we will as you say end up with something in Ali Parvin calibre , we will be back to the old times of unpredictable and clueless football we used to play .

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
We need to be realistic ,we can't get a better coach than him ,and if he goes we will as you say end up with something in Ali Parvin calibre , we will be back to the old times of unpredictable and clueless football we used to play .
As i mentioned that is a different debate, yes of course I would keep CQ if letting him go means we end up with someone like Parvin!

Nov 29, 2002
CQ is not only the "man for a nation", but he's only half way through his project. This new generation he has blooded from scratch, they will only be "golden gen" age in 2026

Don't get me wrong, CQ plays pragmatic football which may be hard to watch for a neutral. But by God, he has revolutionised our football and given us some hope. Damesh garm.

Nov 24, 2002
Lol@ parvin coaching TM..
The guy retired 25 yrs ago.
That is why is waste of time and energy to discuss about TM with people who follow TM during only major events such as WC.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
CQ is not only the "man for a nation", but he's only half way through his project. This new generation he has blooded from scratch, they will only be "golden gen" age in 2026

Don't get me wrong, CQ plays pragmatic football which may be hard to watch for a neutral. But by God, he has revolutionised our football and given us some hope. Damesh garm.
Question, if he does stay, where do you want to see Iran in WC 2022, what is considered success, I would say Asian Cup, but seems like everyone here thinks Asian cup we cant do anything since AFC is controlled by Saudi. so lets focus on next WC !

Nov 24, 2002

The U-17 team which demolished Germany and few other top teams have many great stars and if things go as it is supposed, i won't be surprised to see few of them despite being 18-19 during Olympics qualification and if we make Olympics after 40 years it open the door for many young kids of that team.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
Question, if he does stay, where do you want to see Iran in WC 2022, what is considered success, I would say Asian Cup, but seems like everyone here thinks Asian cup we cant do anything since AFC is controlled by Saudi. so lets focus on next WC !
2022 - we need to get to second round. It is the last chance before the format changes. That would be success. That is the reason why I travelled to the last world cup to see the euphoria when we finally make it. That is why I was so upset when we didn't (if you watched the TV...)

BUT....

If he doesn't achieve it, he will still be Iran's best coach in history due to the paradigm shift in the way Iran plays football. Instead of running around like headless chickens, we play with a level of discipline and tactical awareness which I don't know how the guy has managed to instil given the crazy and unique constraints he has as manager of this pariah state's football team. I still can't believe it, looking at how we are positioned and how the players approach defending set pieces, compared to how it has been for so long. I think "Am i watching Iran or a club team"? I had so many fans in Russia (and quite a few people who are in the game) mightily impressed with how Iran play, and quite a few saying Iran were the most tactically disciplined team in the world cup.

So to be honest, from a long-term perspective I'm already happy with what he has done. And I don't get how anyone else could not be. Do you like watching deimi football where we attack nicely but lose 3-1?

He is not a top-level international coach, I know from portuguese friends what they think of him (RM fans are of course indifferent, though Manure fans like him), but for Iran he is perfect ... based on the long-term seeds of change he has produced alone.

And I will always criticise him when I disagree. I disagreed strongly with him not taking Seyed Jalal (I was wrong, I'm happy to say). I think Ghoddos should have played more and Milad Mohammadi should have started left back, and Iran should have started in more attacking way over Spain. But these are all minor quibbles. The positives REALLY outweigh the negatives. I stand by some of the criticisms in the article I wrote last year for TFT: https://thesefootballtimes.co/2017/04/11/carlos-queiroz-the-man-for-a-nation/

Asian Cup - I may even travel to UAE.... Final or winning would be success.

Nov 29, 2002
Anyway, I've already posted these points many times before but all of us are going in circles.

We get the same points from my side "Look at the long term changes he's made in our approach to international football as a team", "look at how disciplined we are"

And from the other side "none of this matters if we don't get to second round" or "if we had played against spain the way we did when we conceded we would have WON"

and it continues ad infinitum....

I guess part of it depends on how realistic or pragmatic people are....