Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

Feb 4, 2005
Funny enough Persepolis, the best team of Iran and by far, lost to Al-Ryyan 1-3 in the same stadium a week ago with another VIC. People(and including me) will appreciate Carlos once he is gone.
Lets not forget that VIC had players everyday and barked at CQ for untimely camp.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
این در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بی*** سابقه است که ۳۳ بازیکن داریم که با آن*** میتوانیم سه*** تیم*** فوتبال تشکیل دهیم که هیچ کس مطمئن به بازی بعدش نیست،کی*** میتونست پیش بینی*** کند که طارمی،استارتر باشد،انصاریفرد جای دژاگه را بگیرد،و گووچی که سابقه بازی در برابر قطر و گکل زدن به این تیم*** را دارد ذخیره باشد.

کی*** می***توانست پیش بینی*** کند که دیروز سعید عزت الهی فقط با ۲۰ سال سنّ بنا به نظر کارشناسان فوتبال بهترین بازیکن تیم*** ایران شود تا به دانجا که اون آقای ژاپنی قطری که به پرسپولیس دو گکل زد،این چنین مثل مگس در تار عنکبوت سعید گیر کند تا جایی*** که مربی*** تیم*** مجبور به تعویض این بازیکن شود.

میگویند اوفارل هم یک چیزی مثل کیروش بود،اما اون کجا این کجا،اوفارل جوانان را آورد ولی*** یک تیم*** ثابت ساخت،اگر پروین زخمی میشد یا حجازی مجروح میشد،اون روز عزا تیم*** ملی*** بود،میگویید نه***،بعد از اینکه،ایران با دروازبانی چون رشیدی در بازیهای المپیک آسیایی ۵۳ ایران به فینال رسید،اوفارل حجازی را با دست در رفته و کٔج و کوله در دروازه ایران گذشت،چرا که به او عتماد داشت،ولی*** کیروش دروازبان اصلی*** خودش را که رحمتی بود به دیار عدم فرستاد،و بعد با یک دروازبان بی***تجربه که فقط یک بازی ملی*** داشت جلوی آرژانتین و مسی قرار داد.

امروز حالا متوجه می***شویم که چرا کیروش داد اردو میزند،چرا که باید این همه بازیکن را به هم آشنا کند،شما نگاه کنید در برابر هر تیم*** یک ترکیب جدا،کی*** فکر میکرد که انصاری فر به عنوان هاف بک نفوذی چپ و نه فوروارد بازی کند،و کی*** فکر میکرد که بتواند اون پاس طلایی را بدهد،کی*** فکر میکرد که کیروش بتنهایی بتواند اینهمه رقابت بین بازیکنان ایجاد کند تا جایی که کاپیتان تیم*** خودش یعنی*** آقا جلال حسینی*** را که بهترین مدافع آسیا است را در نیمکت بنشاند و جایش را پور علی*** گنجی پر نماید.

امروز بازیکن سالاری به کّل از تیم*** ایران رخت بر بسته است،اگر تا امروز ایران سال ۱۹۷۶ که ۵ بازی بدون گکل خرده ،رکورد دار نخوردن گکل را داشته بود،حالا حدود هزار دقیقه است که دروازه ایران بسته مانده است،اونهم با یک چنین تکنیک و تاکتیکی.

در گذشته همیشه تیم******های ملی*** ایران یک ناجی داشتند،سردار قلیچ،ناصر حجازی،علی*** پروین،در اکثر بازیها ناجی تیم*** ایران بودند،چنان که در بازی رفت ایران و استرالیا که نبود پروین باخت ۳-۰ را برای تیم*** ایران به ارمغان آورد،و یا بازی با تایلند در بانکوک که نبود ناصر حجازی دو گکل زود هنگام را برای تایلندیها به ارمغان آورد،و یا معجزه ناصر خان در برابر کره شمالی،کوبا،هلند،کره جنوبی که یک تنه ایران را به جلو برد،ولی*** امروز هیچ تک بازیکنی ناجی تیم*** ایران نیست بلکه ۱۱ بازیکن فوتبال هستند که ناجی فوتبال ایران هستند.

وقتی*** درست ۶۲ سال پیش،ادموند مایوفسکی اتریشی*** اولین مربی*** خارجی*** تیم*** ملی*** شد،شاید هیچ کس فکر نمیکرد که روزی مربی*** بزرگی*** چون کیروش پیدا شود که رکورد مایفسکی اتریشی*** را بشکند،ادموند مایفسکی یک سال تمام دنبال بازیکن می***گشت تا ۱۱ بازیکن را جور کند آخر کار هم پشیمان شد و عطای مربیگری تیم*** ملی*** را به لقایش بخشید و رفت،جالب اینجا بود که در دوران سر مربیگریش تیم*** ملی*** ایران حتا یک بازی هم نکرد،و این تنها مربی*** خارجی*** تاریخ فوتبال ایران است که حتا یک بار هم با تیمش به زمین فوتبال نرفت.

شاید ساروش مجاری که نیم قرن پیش هدایت تیم*** فوتبال ایران را به عهده گرفت،توانسته بود که دو سال هدایت تیم*** ملی*** ایران در سالهای ۱۳۳۶ تا ۳۸ را به عهده بگیرد،و از این جهت رکورد دار مربی*** گری به عنوان یک خارجی*** باشد،اما بعدها رکوردش توسط برانکو شکسته شد که توانست ۳ سال در تیم*** ملی*** ایران دوام آورد،اما کیروش رکورد تمام مربیان خارجی*** را شکست،و او از این جهت نیز رکورد دار میباشد.

البته ضربهایی که برانکو به فوتبال ایران زد،داعش به سر مردمان بدبخت نیاورد.اگر امروز برانکو مربی*** تیم*** فوتبال بود،هنوز دایی در خط*** حمله تیم*** ایران بود،و مهدوی کیا در گوش راست سماق میمکید.بعد از رفتن برانکو بود که خلأ راستین فوتبالیستها در همه مکان***های تیم*** ملی*** حس میشد.رحمتی که میتونست یک دروازبان شیش دانگ شود،هرگز به حقش نرسید،دایی که چمنهای استادیوم را متر میکرد،و علی*** کریمی*** که با لگد به ساکش میزد
در آخر حرفی*** از ایگور نتو مربی*** روسی تیم*** ملی*** ایران در سال ۱۳۴۹ را بر زبان می***آورم که میگفت هرچقدر تیمی کمتر بازیکن ستاره داشته باشد همونقدر تیغش بٔرنده تر است،حکایت فوتبال حال ایران میباشد،بازیکنانی که هیچ یک ستاره نیستند اما با یک دیگر ۱۱ ستاره را تشکیل میدهند.

Last edited:

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Kasra jaan thank you for the fantastic post. However you look at it tomorrow's encounter is one of Iran's most important games as now we have a direct path to the WC and as you get closer to your goal it does get tougher to keep the motivation and focus on the grand prize. Plus CQ does not like to even get pushed back one step so he will do everything to come out as a winner tomorrow. Lippi is an old fox and with the Italian team that could have lost in the 2006 did end up taking the trophy home. He is known for his super defense and it will be tough game however you look at it. Iran has managed now to completely Kick out Qatar of the qualifications with the defeat they handed them. Something we did not enjoy before to kick out teams from qualifying. Now its time for Iran to kick out China and put an end to their hopes. It sure feels good to have that chance to put an end to those that ended your hopes in the past like China for 90 qualifications and Qatar in that 98. Bahrain felt the same the last couple of times around after what they did in 2002. CQ will come very careful to this game and I suspect it will be defensive and slow at first until they get a feel for each other.

I wanted to bring up another point about Karim Ansarifard that you had mentioned in the other post. I believe he is very underrated and is a fantastic number 10 even tough he was used in the midfield in the last game and that goes back to CQ genius of allowing and using his players in posts not traditional to them. Karim played beautifully with both ball control and calming down the game and also with great vision when it came to his passing and pulling the other team back. His assist to taremi was indeed beautiful and he read the defensive line clearly and capitalized on it. He should be given credit where its due and his performance in a position other than his usual was fabulous. Let's see what type of a line up CQ willl field tomorrow and what surprise he will have for China.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Karim is filling up for Ashkan in midfield and did a great job , he is smart and and very strong physically and has good technique on the ball beside his scoring ability and Carlos knows what he wants from a player and get it across to his player very well and the player knows he has to produce otherwise he will be replaced ,this is the mentality of all our players playing under Carlos Q ,they give it all they have .

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Karim is filling up for Ashkan in midfield and did a great job , he is smart and and very strong physically and has good technique on the ball beside his scoring ability and Carlos knows what he wants from a player and get it across to his player very well and the player knows he has to produce otherwise he will be replaced ,this is the mentality of all our players playing under Carlos Q ,they give it all they have .

This idea of that no player is a regular starter and that anyone can be crossed off is the first I believe ever in Iran history. Both in terms of discipline and also player availability in the positions that can fill the place for each other. We saw how the Captain Teymourian has not been called up and many others left out at different games or times. No one is above the team and with the team unity no one talks about or against the team. The fighting spirit and that you have to give it a 100% and earn your spot is something that has been implemented in them. It brings greatness us and unity. No bazikon salari that if you lost one of your top players you were doomed. In the last game we did not have Hosseini our best defender and the boys totally did perfectly. Besides all the great things CQ has brought to Iranian football one is the huge roster he has put together of all these great players that can replace each other. Even 3-4 years ago we did not have enough good players. He had to go everywhere around the world to find new players from Europe and bring them. Both Gucci and Dejagah were two of those great discoveries especially with the former one.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
There are many analyst and experts that will come out and will try to explain the game strategy of Iran and how Iran played. More importantly what was really Iran’s formation and how this master chess player moved certain players around and changed the formation in terms of tactical line up during various games? In the game against Qatar Iran played a 4-1-4-1 formation. In today’s game I have seen 2 different types of formations so far. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1. My point for this is that CQ has managed to setup his team in a different way and with a different line up in every game and has managed to come on top. This tells you that our team besides its own foundation of defensive strategy maneuvers around to actually get the results. Lippi today was truly checkmated by CQ and his team had nothing to say. Iran had full control of the game and the Chinese did not really even make a dangerous play more than once or twice which were mediocre at best. CQ was clearly upset with his players today and their exertion. Saeed was not himself today even though he did win most of the headers. I thought Masoud Shojai played well and his passing and control was good. He is dependable and experiences and really helps the team. We did manage to get some stupid yellow cards which I hope don’t come to harm us later. Overall another solid performance by Iran and another step in the right direction. This team needs to play with strong teams and get better. And lastly I have to say that Milad Mohammadi was so good again today. So fast and decisive. Winning most plays. Congrats on this great victory yet again for Iran.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
There are many analyst and experts that will come out and will try to explain the game strategy of Iran and how Iran played. More importantly what was really Iran’s formation and how this master chess player moved certain players around and changed the formation in terms of tactical line up during various games? In the game against Qatar Iran played a 4-1-4-1 formation. In today’s game I have seen 2 different types of formations so far. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1. My point for this is that CQ has managed to setup his team in a different way and with a different line up in every game and has managed to come on top. This tells you that our team besides its own foundation of defensive strategy maneuvers around to actually get the results. Lippi today was truly checkmated by CQ and his team had nothing to say. Iran had full control of the game and the Chinese did not really even make a dangerous play more than once or twice which were mediocre at best. CQ was clearly upset with his players today and their exertion. Saeed was not himself today even though he did win most of the headers. I thought Masoud Shojai played well and his passing and control was good. He is dependable and experiences and really helps the team. We did manage to get some stupid yellow cards which I hope don’t come to harm us later. Overall another solid performance by Iran and another step in the right direction. This team needs to play with strong teams and get better. And lastly I have to say that Milad Mohammadi was so good again today. So fast and decisive. Winning most plays. Congrats on this great victory yet again for Iran.
I would like to just add, the Qatar coach was also checkmated last time, when Iran switched to a 4-1-4-1. A versatile coach can use different formations and teach the team how to adjust/adapt. Iran beat Qatar and China PURELY because of coaching. Yes Iran are overall more talented but before CQ, these were the type of games we would tie. A typical result for Iran would have ben Iran v Japan 2-1 Iran then Iran v Qatar 1-1. Those days are over and we are playing D at a top flight European level, we just need to work on putting more than one goal in the back of the net. There is not a FIFA regulation that states you can only score one goal TM. One good thing is we are playing fundamental D and CQ is subbing at the RIGHT TIME. That is so crucial so many dumb coaches would just sub, in like the 88' min BRILLIANT. CQ has been around the block, he knows what he is doing we haven't had a coach like this and I am counting Blazevic(Someone whom I greatly respect) Ostad Pooya jan, I always love reading your analysis and I did not get a chance to say this to you so NOWRUZ PIROOZ refeeg e khoob.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I would like to just add, the Qatar coach was also checkmated last time, when Iran switched to a 4-1-4-1. A versatile coach can use different formations and teach the team how to adjust/adapt. Iran beat Qatar and China PURELY because of coaching. Yes Iran are overall more talented but before CQ, these were the type of games we would tie. A typical result for Iran would have ben Iran v Japan 2-1 Iran then Iran v Qatar 1-1. Those days are over and we are playing D at a top flight European level, we just need to work on putting more than one goal in the back of the net. There is not a FIFA regulation that states you can only score one goal TM. One good thing is we are playing fundamental D and CQ is subbing at the RIGHT TIME. That is so crucial so many dumb coaches would just sub, in like the 88' min BRILLIANT. CQ has been around the block, he knows what he is doing we haven't had a coach like this and I am counting Blazevic(Someone whom I greatly respect) Ostad Pooya jan, I always love reading your analysis and I did not get a chance to say this to you so NOWRUZ PIROOZ refeeg e khoob.

Doosteh ghadimi norouzat pirouz. I hope all is well and things are going good for you. What we need to take in mind with the likes of CQ and towards the perfection of the method he is working on is in a way methodical based on a certain philosophy which is long term and takes true dedication and effort. He is no longer there anymore just to make money and not care for the team. He is there to make money but his bound and mark goes much deeper than that. Just the mere fact that Iran has not been scored on in 10 games is crazy in itself In the last 10 official games which Iran has played they have not conceded a goal. In fact the last time an Asian opponent scored on Iran was 12-Nov-15 by Turkmenistan . So in almost a year and a half and by the time its June for our next game we have not been scored on. Losing to an Asian side goes to Uzbekistan in Nov 2012 which makes it well over 4.5 years. These results do not happen automatically. One wrong step the string of success or I should say steps to success will be broken. This guy has done much more than anyone could have ever even imagined. A true leader at the helm that we will be talking about 30 years from now and reminiscing on the good old days and how solid we were to keep a clean sheet in 10+ games.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
. Lippi today was truly checkmated by CQ and his team had nothing to say.
Cause he was playing without a queen and two rooks :)

So why do you say changing configuration is so amazing ? I argue with you that if you are a team that you could dominate your game to your opponent, you don't need to change formation. In fact, in the league, most middle and lowers teams do change formations cause they don't have enough depth and talent ... In other words, you are adapting to your opponent weakness rather than your strength ... Again, this tactic works against China but not in the world cup nor in elimination games. Time will show that !!

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
To me, the biggest accomplishment of CQ is that he has made the players mentally ready and strong such that they believe they can beat any teams ... that is something that our players didn't used to have and they used to panic. He has completely isolated the team and let the players to feel comfortable in the Jersey ... For that, I give CQ tons of credit ... other things like changing formation is ridiculous :D ...

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Cause he was playing without a queen and two rooks :)

So why do you say changing configuration is so amazing ? I argue with you that if you are a team that you could dominate your game to your opponent, you don't need to change formation. In fact, in the league, most middle and lowers teams do change formations cause they don't have enough depth and talent ... In other words, you are adapting to your opponent weakness rather than your strength ... Again, this tactic works against China but not in the world cup nor in elimination games. Time will show that !!

On the contrary I would dispute what you are saying as telling you that to me the team is versatile and adjusts based on the opponents and makes it as hard as possible for them to gain any edge on Iran. The team that is totally dominant plays a certain way and after so long the tactic becomes known to your opponents. One advantage of Iran is the unpredictability and the type of line up and formation which will be used. CQ uses this masterfully to Iran’s advantage. This goes beyond just a strong team that dominates. This goes further which will enable you to face different opponents with different styles. Having that in mind and the styles that will come to the WC and specially the teams which will be better than Iran this type of tactic can quite have a favorable result. The more players and options we have in the different posts, and more different arrangements that Iran can set up will all benefit our team.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Doosteh ghadimi norouzat pirouz. I hope all is well and things are going good for you. What we need to take in mind with the likes of CQ and towards the perfection of the method he is working on is in a way methodical based on a certain philosophy which is long term and takes true dedication and effort. He is no longer there anymore just to make money and not care for the team. He is there to make money but his bound and mark goes much deeper than that. Just the mere fact that Iran has not been scored on in 10 games is crazy in itself In the last 10 official games which Iran has played they have not conceded a goal. In fact the last time an Asian opponent scored on Iran was 12-Nov-15 by Turkmenistan . So in almost a year and a half and by the time its June for our next game we have not been scored on. Losing to an Asian side goes to Uzbekistan in Nov 2012 which makes it well over 4.5 years. These results do not happen automatically. One wrong step the string of success or I should say steps to success will be broken. This guy has done much more than anyone could have ever even imagined. A true leader at the helm that we will be talking about 30 years from now and reminiscing on the good old days and how solid we were to keep a clean sheet in 10+ games.
I am doing well thank you things are going fine in Sin City. Now I might go into corrections soon if things go well and rental income(on the side) so my military time can transfer over. I got to take a physical in may and do the other stuff but should be good to go. I am able to keep up with the games for now so I am enjoying watching Iran's D play at a top flight European level, under CQ that is the part that took the most time to develop, Lets take a stroll down memory lane and go back to the sad days, when we discussed the Bahrain snafu, among st too many sad losses to bring up (Saudi Arabia, Japan, Korea basically you name the team and we screwed up somehow. Now the old TM was just ALL attack and no D even when they tried to play a rigid defensive system under Bronko, they did better when they attacked. No matter who the coach was Vierra, MK(oh sweet Jesus), Blazevich Bronko you name it, Iran always had a formidable attack yet the would always das ist nicht gut on the defnesive side of the side of the ball. Our defense used to be filled with so many holes, like Swiss cheese. Oh that reminds me lets go even further back remember Golampour aka Sorakpour? I never hated a goalkeeper but I mated an exception for THAT jagoff. Now hopefully the next coach will be on CQ's level and can take off where he left of, build on that but we are not there yet.

Anyways, I hope we do not go cheap when CQ eventually steps down but for now CQ cares about this team, that emotion is obvious, you saw it in the Qatar match when he took a knee and put his hand on his fist, in a prayer, respect. A coach who did not give a shit either way would not even care or we had jagoffs like MK "Oh if we lose it is Allah's will" ....) anyways lets go back to Iran. 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2(he likes to switch off on that) and now a new formation in the repertoire 4-1-4-1, CQ can mold the team into any system and that is why Iran will have a good shot to do something this time around, depending on what group we are in and some other variables. He should be applauded for who TM were before he came and who they are today. They can now generate their offense through their defense and that, doost e ghadimi e khoob that is the best part. Iran's d went from a liability to an asset, using Accounting/MBA terminology.

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
whatever CQ has done maybe great; overrated or mediocre.

but I love him for throwing that $hithead Rahmati out of the TM and staying firm and not letting him back in.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
One more game and one more level of greatness added to this achievement that's still going on. Once more CQ proved his genius and how Iran controlled the game and won again with a clean sheet making it the 11th straight game that Iran has not been scored on. This is the longest clean sheet in Iran's history and as far as I am aware if Iran remains the clean sheet with the final two games it will become the only team in history to maintain a clean sheet through the final round of qualifications.

Today CQ became one of 2 coaches in history to qualify to a 4th world cup. He is also the only coach to take Iran to back to back world cups for the first time. Overall Iran's performance has improved by every game. I really want to thank this great man for what he has done with the Iran team and how he has transformed it. The discipline, unity, hard-work, professional attitude and organization that he has brought to Iran has never been seen and I highly doubt will ever be repeated again. Today was a big day that he made it look easy. Congratulations to Iran and how they qualified to the world cup. Most importantly a very big thank you to CQ for how he has been more Iranian and with more gheirat than many Iranians. We will owe this great man forever for what he has done for us.

http://varzeshvideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/carlo235.mp4?_=1

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
CQ knows his job; there is no doubt about that.

but his number one skill as foreign coach has been the ability manage the iranian federation $hit heads so well.

Feb 22, 2005
It is amazing that for the first time in last 3 qualifications, Iran is not depending on beating Korea in the last game to quality.

For the first time, it might come down to Iran deciding the fate of Korea. How Amazing.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Carlos has shattered almost every record in Iran football ,even better than 1978 with 10 clean sheets and qualified with two games in hand where in 1978 we did it with one game in hand .

He is easily and by far the best coach that Iran football has ever had and he will keep that title for a very long time , I wish we could keep him for another 6 years and with his help make team melli even better than what it is and improve our other team under 23 and under 20s too .

For the first time in a long time we have almost as good a players on the bench like the ones on the field .

Nov 24, 2002
What he has done is just beyond the results, he created the big camaraderie sentiment, no one is bigger than team, a guy like Ashkan with all his Pro Football experience sit on bench and cheers for the team, Gucci does the same in favor of local league star such as Taremi, same as Ansarifard. Today Ansarifard was so happy for his direct rival Taremi scoring the 2nd goal and wrote this in his Instagram page: '' didi goftam goal mizani''. These are players who play in Europe and scarifies their personal interests for the best of the team.
Something that Iran never was able to solve before as far as i remember, from 1986 and players conflict with Dehdari to 2006 World Cup disaster and the childish argument and fights between Daei and karimi and the rest of the team to Nekounam issue with Ghotbi and publicly criticizing him, etc.

and that is not only about Iranian coaches, even Branko didn't grow enough balls to say a word to someone like Daei.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
What he has done is just beyond the results, he created the big camaraderie sentiment, no one is bigger than team, a guy like Ashkan with all his Pro Football experience sit on bench and cheers for the team, Gucci does the same in favor of local league star such as Taremi, same as Ansarifard. Today Ansarifard was so happy for his direct rival Taremi scoring the 2nd goal and wrote this in his Instagram page: '' didi goftam goal mizani''. These are players who play in Europe and scarifies their personal interests for the best of the team.
Something that Iran never was able to solve before as far as i remember, from 1986 and players conflict with Dehdari to 2006 World Cup disaster and the childish argument and fights between Daei and karimi and the rest of the team to Nekounam issue with Ghotbi and publicly criticizing him, etc.

and that is not only Iranian coach, even Branko didn't grow enough balls to say a word to someone like Daei.
Yeah he is done a great job !! For me, there is still one thing to see, what happens if we concede a goal against better opponents ? Do we have the unity to come back or we get shattered like the game against Iraq ?
We have seen that CQ is hot tempered.