Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I have been meaning to put up a post about the psychological factor that CQ brings to Iran and his patient moves where he has every single little detail under the microscope to create that added edge even if it may seem meaningless or not important to get Iran and his team closer to victory. He has been involved in the psychological battle which takes place both within his camp for an internal benefit and the one to the outside where he has been trying to get the home court, player conditions, Qatar’s identity, Iranian fans, starting lineup, him guessing Qatar lineup, and many other factors. After many years of being worried about the performance of TM when it comes to consistency, unity, and hashieh bazi we have finally arrived at a point where the team is actually a TEAM. It has a mastermind leader behind it that controls every move, while there is order and respect. CQ has introduced tens of new players to TM and has filled every position with promising players which he so masterfully can rotate and change while having a safe player in every post which is some of the best problems to have. There is a lot of hard work by this man while fighting against all obstacles and staying consistent and true to the team and himself and this has finally starting to bear some fruit for the fans and Iranian football. He has done so much for Iran over these past 4-5 years and has taken Iran from a shaky team where you never knew how it would react or play to a formidable force which plays as a unit as is very professional under his guidance.

There have been a number foreign coaches that have come to Iran and coached Iran but we never in his caliber and could not have the longevity and the smarts and the long term chess moves that he has implemented. He should be given all the respect and support by the federation and the fans for the fantastic job that he has done so far. He has been much more than a coach in his tenure while benefiting Iranian football in many levels and for time to come. This is a time where all the support has to be given and we should just sit back and see how all this hard work and effort will turn out.

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
I have been meaning to put up a post about the psychological factor that CQ brings to Iran and his patient moves where he has every single little detail under the microscope to create that added edge even if it may seem meaningless or not important to get Iran and his team closer to victory. He has been involved in the psychological battle which takes place both within his camp for an internal benefit and the one to the outside where he has been trying to get the home court, player conditions, Qatar’s identity, Iranian fans, starting lineup, him guessing Qatar lineup, and many other factors. After many years of being worried about the performance of TM when it comes to consistency, unity, and hashieh bazi we have finally arrived at a point where the team is actually a TEAM. It has a mastermind leader behind it that controls every move, while there is order and respect. CQ has introduced tens of new players to TM and has filled every position with promising players which he so masterfully can rotate and change while having a safe player in every post which is some of the best problems to have. There is a lot of hard work by this man while fighting against all obstacles and staying consistent and true to the team and himself and this has finally starting to bear some fruit for the fans and Iranian football. He has done so much for Iran over these past 4-5 years and has taken Iran from a shaky team where you never knew how it would react or play to a formidable force which plays as a unit as is very professional under his guidance.

There have been a number foreign coaches that have come to Iran and coached Iran but we never in his caliber and could not have the longevity and the smarts and the long term chess moves that he has implemented. He should be given all the respect and support by the federation and the fans for the fantastic job that he has done so far. He has been much more than a coach in his tenure while benefiting Iranian football in many levels and for time to come. This is a time where all the support has to be given and we should just sit back and see how all this hard work and effort will turn out.
You are absolutely spot on!! I salute your post!! CQ is a cunning genius! he has not only brought and produced talent, not only created a generation of professional footballer, but he has created a team that is Objective in thinking, objective in playing and is fearless, gone are the days that TM use to get so emotional that they lose or draw meaningless games against the likes of Bahrain, Kuwait and even Qatar!! CQ's benefits will felt long after he is gone! hands down he is the best thing that has happened to our football in the last 34 years!!! I really hope he stays until long after Russia 2018

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
You are absolutely spot on!! I salute your post!! CQ is a cunning genius! he has not only brought and produced talent, not only created a generation of professional footballer, but he has created a team that is Objective in thinking, objective in playing and is fearless, gone are the days that TM use to get so emotional that they lose or draw meaningless games against the likes of Bahrain, Kuwait and even Qatar!! CQ's benefits will felt long after he is gone! hands down he is the best thing that has happened to our football in the last 34 years!!! I really hope he stays until long after Russia 2018

I really wish there was also more involvement and support from those internal coaches which can all learn and benefit from such a man at the helm. He has proved that after hard work, knowledge, and being a professional we can actually be good and improve and bring about a good thing as well for now and the future. In my opinion what he has done to turn around the current situation of Iran football with all the issues he has faced has been a mere success at every level. To be most important is being a professional and bringing the team mentality that no one is above the team. Some are still upset at his move on Rahmati but it was spot on and actually showed and paved the way for the team being where it is today. Best of luck to Iran and him tomorrow and I too do hope he stays for a long time and passes on his genius and tactics to all those willing to learn and grow.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Discipline-wise he has done great. He has built a fairly decent compact defensive unit out of somewhat ordinary players. It works well as long as Iran is the underdog. The offense and build-up are still very unattractive, unreliable and even more frustrating than Branko's time.

Transitioning from defense to offense has improved immensely under CQ, but there's simply not enough quality upfront for anything consistent to materialize. This is not all his fault. Iran's player-pool is really lacking in this area.

Overall, CQ is like a well-paid CEO managing a bankrupt company. It may show glimpses of recovery, but the foundation is simply not there to support any positive changes. The corruption, laziness and hopelessness surrounding Iran's football will ultimately win against CQ's aspirations. While certainly not irrelevant, he's not going to cause a turning-point in Iran's football.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
He has done a great job, only name that comes in my mind since 1980 who could have same impact as him if he was given proper chances was Ivic. As it was said discipline-wise he did a great job even though sometime it wasn't a popular decisions.

On technical level, he proposed to local league teams to have certain amount of u-23 players in their squad, which forced the league to finally accept it and that caused the introduction of many young promising players.

The core of this team is very young and promising, overall most of IPL stars are under age of 24-25 and we have 2-3 players capable to play in each position, something that we didn't have luxury to have 4 years a go.

We are not in 1996 in level of talent but it is probably one of the best squad in last 10 years and many players can still develop and become better. We went from having zero player(before addition of Gucci and Ashkan in 2011) in Europe to 8-9 now and few like Sajjad Shahbazzadeh and Ali Karimi didn't even get the call this time.

Next step is to send more younger players to Europe and hopefully some of like JB, Azmoun play in better leagues sooner than later..

Overall i am positive about this team and future of TM.

Go Iran!

Success for any Asian team specially Iran is to win the Asian cup or going through the second round in WC. Doesnt matter if you beat qatar with 5 goals or lose to Brazil with a single goal. Winning and cups are all it mstters and if not then there is no diff between CQ and mayeli

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Very good subs by CQ. It did work out in our favor. We won in the last minutes just like the Uzbekistan game of 4 years ago. Dameh Iran game for getting this win in this manner. We were not the better team but after minute 60 and the changes we did start to show some signs of life. It is a great way to start the qualification round!

Real jaan you know how the affairs are and how CQ has brought order and unity... I truly dont think that you think CQ and Mayeli should even be put in the same sentence.

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Genius? Are you kidding me? If it was not for the childish mistake by Qatari keeper, this game would have finished as a tie and you would be asking him to resign.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I He has been involved in the psychological battle which takes place both within his camp for an internal benefit and the one to the outside where he has been trying to get the home court, player conditions, Qatar’s identity, Iranian fans, starting lineup, him guessing Qatar lineup, and many other factors. After many years of being worried about the performance of TM when it comes to consistency, unity, and hashieh bazi we have finally arrived at a point where the team is actually a TEAM. It has a mastermind leader behind it that controls every move, while there is order and respect. CQ has introduced tens of new players to TM and has filled every position with promising players which he so masterfully can rotate and change while having a safe player in every post which is some of the best problems to have. There is a lot of hard work by this man while fighting against all obstacles and staying consistent and true to the team and himself and this has finally starting to bear some fruit for the fans and Iranian football. He has done so much for Iran over these past 4-5 years and has taken Iran from a shaky team where you never knew how it would react or play to a formidable force which plays as a unit as is very professional under his guidance.

First of all great post and you are right, there is this misconception that just because you are a foreign coach, you will come to Iran and dominate. If that were the case then Bronko would have dominate. Honestly, CQ is the best coach we had in a long time, since Ciro Belosovich. IT was a dam shame we got robbed in 2002 but Ciro was the last coach we had who really paid attention to detail and understood the psychology of our guys. No dolati coach right can do that. Iran is playing much better, especially ON DEFENSE. We were always a pretty good team, when it came to hamleh/attack but we always gave up goals on the back end. Looks like we are now MUCH better at stopping the counter attack and on defense in general. We are keeping our line tight, we have not done that in the past. Great game and great W for Iran fans everywhere!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think you said the exact same thing TM beat Uzbekistan in 2012. And then TM lost to them in Azadi :(
wholie molie...you remember that?! :D Damet garm! What a memory! I hope this time will be different!

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Discipline-wise he has done great. He has built a fairly decent compact defensive unit out of somewhat ordinary players. It works well as long as Iran is the underdog. The offense and build-up are still very unattractive, unreliable and even more frustrating than Branko's time.

Transitioning from defense to offense has improved immensely under CQ, but there's simply not enough quality upfront for anything consistent to materialize. This is not all his fault. Iran's player-pool is really lacking in this area.

Overall, CQ is like a well-paid CEO managing a bankrupt company. It may show glimpses of recovery, but the foundation is simply not there to support any positive changes. The corruption, laziness and hopelessness surrounding Iran's football will ultimately win against CQ's aspirations. While certainly not irrelevant, he's not going to cause a turning-point in Iran's football.
I agree but will add that CQ has also done a great job on stamina. We saw that TM didn't give up in the end and in fact got better. As one of the coaches in Iran once said "bazikon haaye irani ziad tactic pazir nistand"

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This post was put up before tonight's game and my take on what CQ has done with Iran has not changed at all. Yes we did get lucky. But his subs were good. Gucci put on the pressure and the goalie did make a mistake. That still does not take away from them. The psychological factor was also seen tonight and more evident as this ref was a total baboon when it came to controlling the game or calling fouls. What is important is that CQ did everything in his power to tilt the edge to the Iran side. Iran did the same with Uzbekistan 4 years ago and won in minute 91. This was at home so very important to start the qualifiers on the right foot. You guys need to keep in mind that we have not had any decent friendlies and 5 of our players just joined the team a few days ago. Overall we did come out lucky but we could have lost this match and both luck and our players did deliver the game. CQ has brought a good fitness level to Iran. Our teams are capable of running 120 and Iran pressure was getting more and more the closer we got to the end. In this chess match and this being 1/10 of the campaign Iran has started well. CQ is the best leader we can have that can pay close attention to detail and get us as ready as possible. This team would have lost under any other coach and I am not sure why some people do not want to give credit where its due. Football is very close amongst most countries. Look Japan lost at home today to the UAE. So this win was a very good one for us indeed. Lets get focused now and see how Iran will do against China.

Congrats to the boys and CQ for delivering this victory to us regardless of how it was accomplished. At the end of the day we are the ones that are smiling

:drunk:

Payande Iran

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
This post was put up before tonight's game and my take on what CQ has done with Iran has not changed at all. Yes we did get lucky. But his subs were good. Gucci put on the pressure and the goalie did make a mistake. That still does not take away from them. The psychological factor was also seen tonight and more evident as this ref was a total baboon when it came to controlling the game or calling fouls. What is important is that CQ did everything in his power to tilt the edge to the Iran side. Iran did the same with Uzbekistan 4 years ago and won in minute 91. This was at home so very important to start the qualifiers on the right foot. You guys need to keep in mind that we have not had any decent friendlies and 5 of our players just joined the team a few days ago. Overall we did come out lucky but we could have lost this match and both luck and our players did deliver the game. CQ has brought a good fitness level to Iran. Our teams are capable of running 120 and Iran pressure was getting more and more the closer we got to the end. In this chess match and this being 1/10 of the campaign Iran has started well. CQ is the best leader we can have that can pay close attention to detail and get us as ready as possible. This team would have lost under any other coach and I am not sure why some people do not want to give credit where its due. Football is very close amongst most countries. Look Japan lost at home today to the UAE. So this win was a very good one for us indeed. Lets get focused now and see how Iran will do against China.

Congrats to the boys and CQ for delivering this victory to us regardless of how it was accomplished. At the end of the day we are the ones that are smiling

:drunk:

Payande Iran
I thought your name is OSTAD POOYA :)