Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

May 9, 2004
کیروش دفاع تقریبا دفاع رو خوب ساخته
ولی نمیشه بگیم نابغه است و از بقیه بهتره چون تا الان کار بخصوصی انجام نداده
اکر جام اسیا رو بردیم و خیلی راحت به جام جهانی صعود کردمی اونوقت میشه گفت دمش گرم
ولی هم تو جام اسیا هم اخرین صعود به جام جهانی مثل همیشه تو جام اسیا کاری نکردیم
برای صعود به جام جهانی هم مثل همیشه با سختی صعود کردیم تازه کره ای که باهاش بازی کردیم خیلی تیم خوبی نبود
از لبنان باختیم از ازبک تو تهران باخیتم
کره جنوبی تو تهران رو با شانس بردیم
دیروز هم اگر اشتباه ه دروازبان قطر نبود بازی مساوی میشد و خیلی هم بد بازی کردیم
تو جام جهانی هم بجز بازی با ارژانتین دو تا بازی با تیم های دسته سوم جهان انجام دادیم که خیلی بد بازی کردیم هم در مقابل نیجریه
که یک امتیاز تخمی گرفتیم هم در مقابل بوسنی که یکی از بدترین بازی های تیم ملی ایران در تاریخ جام جهانی بود
هر چند من شخصا کیروش رو به بقیه مربی ها ترجیخح می دهم
ولی نابغه به مربی میگن که یک تغییر کلی در یک تیم بوجود بیاره کار خارق العاده ای رو انجام داده باشه
ما هنوز کار خارق العاده بزرگی از کیروش ندیدیم
مثل بقیه مربیهای قبلیه
شاید یکم خوشانس تر

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
There are a few facts that needs to be kept in mind when looking at Iran’s progress and how they have done under the guidance of CQ. At first we need to keep in mind our opponents as well and how they have also progressed in the same time frame as us and how their federations put money and resources in their footballing system. So growth cannot only be viewed from the Iranian side but rather those that we face as well to have a better understanding of where we stand. CQ has been the coach of Iran for about 5 years now and it took him a couple of years to start getting the team together and the players.

Looking at his record going back to November of 14 of 2012 which Iran lost to Uzbekistan in Tehran and which falls within his team building period Iran has won or draw in 27 consecutive games…. This does not include the three games in the world cup but does include all world cup qualifications, Asian Cup qualification, Asian Cup games up to the game yesterday against Qatar which is a record in itself.

At the same time from the end of the world cup till yesterday Iran has scored in 21 consecutive games which is also a record of its own.
So if we want to look at CQ in terms of consistency and Iran being a team that is lost on the pitch and we do not know how it will perform those days are long gone. What he has brought is consistency in defense and offense against the Asian opponents. Now for some years we have also been ranked Asia’s top team and regardless of how you look at the ratings it’s still an indicator of Iran’s position within Asia.

PS: General jaan he not only made the defense good. For the way Iran is he has made it perfect the way it is. That's why they have not lost in 27 games.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
There are a few facts that needs to be kept in mind when looking at Iran’s progress and how they have done under the guidance of CQ. At first we need to keep in mind our opponents as well and how they have also progressed in the same time frame as us and how their federations put money and resources in their footballing system. So growth cannot only be viewed from the Iranian side but rather those that we face as well to have a better understanding of where we stand. CQ has been the coach of Iran for about 5 years now and it took him a couple of years to start getting the team together and the players.

Looking at his record going back to November of 14 of 2012 which Iran lost to Uzbekistan in Tehran and which falls within his team building period Iran has won or draw in 27 consecutive games…. This does not include the three games in the world cup but does include all world cup qualifications, Asian Cup qualification, Asian Cup games up to the game yesterday against Qatar which is a record in itself.

At the same time from the end of the world cup till yesterday Iran has scored in 21 consecutive games which is also a record of its own.
So if we want to look at CQ in terms of consistency and Iran being a team that is lost on the pitch and we do not know how it will perform those days are long gone. What he has brought is consistency in defense and offense against the Asian opponents. Now for some years we have also been ranked Asia’s top team and regardless of how you look at the ratings it’s still an indicator of Iran’s position within Asia.

PS: General jaan he not only made the defense good. For the way Iran is he has made it perfect the way it is. That's why they have not lost in 27 games.
You have valid points and stats doesn't lie, the single fact that most of our goals came in last 15 or 20 minutes shows that there is a strategy behind it and not only luck is involved, as it is happening constantly, sure yesterday we got luck to get the win but for the first time in god knows how many years, this team can compete for 90 minutes and level of fitness of most of players improved a lot under CQ.

Yesterday few disappointment were mostly players like Rezaeian, Taremi, Hajsafi who missed their club training camps due to different reasons and were unfit and can't blame CQ on that.

I guess we have decent alternative in most positions, the only concern is our both right and backs, specially left one. Some thing need to be done before facing China in few days.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Yesterday few disappointment were mostly players like Rezaeian, Taremi, Hajsafi who missed their club training camps due to different reasons and were unfit and can't blame CQ on that.

I guess we have decent alternative in most positions, the only concern is our both right and backs, specially left one. Some thing need to be done before facing China in few days.

Babr jaan I am not sure if you have watched the Korea-China game but if you have not at least watch the extended highlights. On or about 3-4 times which I can remember the Chinese did a pass straight from the flanks on the ground with so much speed and accuracy that it landed behind the Korean defense with their forwards receiving them. This will be problematic for Iran and specially with Haj Safi in that post. I am sure CQ and crew will have seen the game and he is planning for this but I do see this as one of the weaknesses of our team. China will be very dangerous and having lost their first game will even make them more dangerous. I hope Iran can at least get a draw and continue on their journey.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Much improved game today and progress seen on the road. With how China played against S. Korea and them being at home Iran played a very well executed game plan and did obtain the point away. Iran could have actually won the game which is a good sign in itself as well. The more this team plays together and improves we will be in a better position going forward. The team played a much more sound and controlling game. The nervousness from the first game was not seen and the players had more patience and game control. Overall it was a good game and I am glad Iran got the point and for the time being is on the top of the charts. CQ brings that certain confidence to the team and the professional behavior of just playing your game. This leadership really goes a long way for Iran and the defense did hold it together yet another game. The early loss of Montazeri could have had bad results but it did work it self out. I am glad that there is a big line up of players to choose from and multiple people to fill up the positions. Bravo Iran and hope to see more good results from them.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Agha khod kafa shodim, ghom ham CQ daar shod

شباهت عجیب یک ایرانی به کی***روش!
به تازگی تصویری از یک فرد ایرانی در فضای مجازی منتشر شده که به همزاد کارلوس کی***روش سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران معروف شده است.

این فرد که گویا در قم زندگی می***کندو کارمند بانک می باشد. شباهت ظاهری عجیبی به کی***روش دارد و تلاش کرده تیپش هم شبیه سرمربی ایران باش
د!

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
Great points! Right after Kia, Karimi, Hashemian and other retired, fans thought it might take another 20 years to have replacements for them in TM. Many of us were hopeless and even thought it would be hard to compete with other teams in the region. As mentioned above, we might not have super start in the team like we used to but we have a TEAM with few options for many positions. I also think that lack of proper friendlies and preparation has been an issue for us and Iran will get better game by game!

He has done a great job, only name that comes in my mind since 1980 who could have same impact as him if he was given proper chances was Ivic. As it was said discipline-wise he did a great job even though sometime it wasn't a popular decisions.

On technical level, he proposed to local league teams to have certain amount of u-23 players in their squad, which forced the league to finally accept it and that caused the introduction of many young promising players.

The core of this team is very young and promising, overall most of IPL stars are under age of 24-25 and we have 2-3 players capable to play in each position, something that we didn't have luxury to have 4 years a go.

We are not in 1996 in level of talent but it is probably one of the best squad in last 10 years and many players can still develop and become better. We went from having zero player(before addition of Gucci and Ashkan in 2011) in Europe to 8-9 now and few like Sajjad Shahbazzadeh and Ali Karimi didn't even get the call this time.

Next step is to send more younger players to Europe and hopefully some of like JB, Azmoun play in better leagues sooner than later..

Overall i am positive about this team and future of TM.

Go Iran!

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
The guy got popular, he was in irib3 tonight. He is actually Raeis-shobeh in a bank in Tehran and not Ghom. He also dress like CQ lol

Attachments

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The Iranian roster and the new tactics employed for this game on the road game did definitely work out in Iran’s favor and we came out being the top dogs in the group thus far. It is unfortunate that Korea and Qatar did not end in a draw after Qatar was up 1-2 on the road. And sadly even when Korea was up 3-2 they played with 10 players for some 25 minutes and still managed to keep the score line. Iran will have a tough challenge in the next encounter and I hope they can come out victorious.

Iran has now extended her unbeaten record to 29 games going back to 2012 when they last lost in Tehran against this same Uzbek team. From then on (excluding the world cup) Iran is unbeaten in these 29 games which we hope it will continue. CQ had a different line up today and for the most part Iran did attack well and was in control but did not capitalize on the chances. I have to say after a long time I feel confident in our goalie and his ability when he comes out. I hope he continues to improve. Defending was much spot on and Iran had really good speed on the wings and also the counter. It showed the weaknesses of the Uzbek team was studied in detail by CQ. I also liked how Javad was giving certain instructions and there was much better harmony in the Iranian bench. Iran and CQ were clearly better prepared for today and executed their tactics better. The goal also showed practice on the play which is a very positive sign. Dameshoon garm for the great victory

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
He definitely knows what he is doing ... great coach ... just defend well and use your few chances and you are in the world cup.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
They actually wasted lots of chances in last few games.
what I mean, CQ doesn't play offensive game, Iran plays well-organized game plan just eyeing on the goal for few chances.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
The guy knows what he is doing, it can't be accident to constantly get result playing this style. Every time we opened the game, we got badly punished(Bosnia, Sweden), so i guess after 5 years being in country, he knows the A to Z of this football..

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
The guy knows what he is doing, it can't be accident to constantly get result playing this style. Every time we opened the game, we got badly punished(Bosnia, Sweden), so i guess after 5 years being in country, he knows the A to Z of this football..
Exactly! That's his talent. Organize the team, no superstar, no manam anam, a solid defense, and hope to score on 3-4 chances. We are the only team with a clean sheet (cheshmeh sheytoon koor), we haven't lost to Asian teams in almost 3.5 years (except Iraq in Penalties) and topped the FIFA chart as best Asian team for n years. He is doing a great job.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Exactly! That's his talent. Organize the team, no superstar, no manam anam, a solid defense, and hope to score on 3-4 chances. We are the only team with a clean sheet (cheshmeh sheytoon koor), we haven't lost to Asian teams in almost 3.5 years (except Iraq in Penalties) and topped the FIFA chart as best Asian team for n years. He is doing a great job.

Ba ejazeh but technically we did not lose to Iraq. That was considered a draw under official record keeping. Last time Iran lost was in Nov 2012 to Uzbekistan in Tehran in a WCQ.

As much as people say we don't have style, we are playing bad, we are not attacking, its the results that actually matter at the end of the day. I rather see Iran win 1-0 every day rather than lose 1-2 or 2-3 and scores a bunch of goals. What CQ has brought to Iran is the big roster of talent and players in every position which makes us feel confident if players are missing. Looking at today both JB and Sardar came off the bench. The captain was benched and then subbed in. Dejagah did not play. This can also have to do with the tactic being employed for the S. Korea game but over all it was a good one and did work out in our favor. Plus Iran did look dangerous on the counters and showed good speed.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
what I mean, CQ doesn't play offensive game, Iran plays well-organized game plan just eyeing on the goal for few chances.
Historically, TM has always had problems defending. CQ has been able to teach them how to defend as a team and this is something that team has been working on for a while and it shows.
Today we saw Taremi defending close to our own goal line and sliding to block the Uzback player. Also he participated in all arial battles on set pieces against TM.
TM is getting better and better game by game and we will definitely see a good match against Korea in Tehran.

Nov 29, 2002
I love CQ - been a forum member on iranian sports sites for 19 years now (since 1997 in the old Zal/iranfootball days) and for the first time I've seen iran playing with a plan, I've seen new talent nurtured (not the way Branko dumped Mobali after he was iran's player of the age age 22, or stuck with Mirzapour) and the recruitment of a diaspora. I've for the first time seen a disciplined Iran team and the results over the last few years since he has made his mark really testify what he is. We have had other good coaches who have imparted their philosophy for short periods (eg Ivic) but this is the first time my confidence and expectation with Iran has reached this level.

CQ dooset darim and chesmeh hasood koor (branko)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
For those that are interested in statistics and find some excitement in it I have put together some stats for the time that CQ has managed the Iranian team. He has been in charge since April of 2011 and looking at his total record (Friendlies, Asian Cup qualifiers, Asian Cup, World Cup qualifiers, World Cup) he has led Iran during 67 encounters which Iran has won 40, draw 19 and lost 8 times. With this in mind the team carries a 59.70% winning record and stands at a firm 88% (Win/Draw) which is a tremendous achievement in itself.

Taking out the element of friendlies CQ has led Iran during 43 games. In those Iran has won 27 times, Drawn 12 times, and lost 4 times. 2 of the losses are to Argentina and Bosnia during the world cup and the other two are against Lebanon and Uzbekistan during a world cup qualifier. So his official record has him at a 62.7% winning rate with 90.6% (win/draw) and 8.4% loss rate. This is even greater against Asian opposition since if you take out the 3 world cup games the record becomes in 40 games as 27W, 11D, 2L

So technically under CQ Iran has only lost twice against Asian opposition making the record at: 67.5% for victories, 95% (win/draw) and a 5% loss rate. This in itself proves the consistency of the Iranian team. Add this to the 29 consecutive unbeaten record against Asian opposition I have to say the team has come a long way. I think this has to be best record ever by a coach leading Iran. The most important factor is consistency and confidence and for the time being Iran is standing strong and we as the fans have great hopes for them.

Once time allows me I would like to also take a look at the defensive style of Iran and their record when it comes to scoring/ defending/ clean sheets.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The record is fine. It's the outlook that shows somewhat uninspiring limits. Not CQ's fault, but the national team manager (regardless of who it is) does have a part in it.

Purely result-oriented expectations:

The limit has always been the group-stage of the world cup and it remains so for the foreseeable future. Anything less has always been considered a failure, and anything more has always been considered almost non-achievable. Getting out of this stigma is becoming an ever lasting dilemma. CQ has made little to no difference with regards to that dilemma.

It would be one thing if he loudly stated the INPUT and PROCESS stages for an OUTPUT higher than the World-Cup group stage. Instead, what he has gradually managed to dictate is a consistent "Be happy with what you got" message. Not necessarily an evil doing, but not all that inspiring either.

Iran is not showing signs of getting out of its 50 year stigma. Not at the domestic or national level. It's become a never-ending cycle.

CQ's overly cautious tactics are a continuation of Branko's, albeit more trustworthy. Iran enjoyed decent defensive tactics and consistency before CQ as well. It's leaping to the next phase that has been the virtue. Let's not forget that.

Expectations with regards to playing style:

- Iran is playing with no more fluidity or flair than it was in 1996.
- Iran is playing much more organized than it was in 1996, but not much more organized than it was in 2006.
- I don't have stats, but Iran does not look to be averaging better possession than early 2000s.
- I don't have stats, but Iran doesn't look to be averaging a better passing-ratio than early 2000s.
- Iran is conceding less goals than pre-CQ era.
- Iran is scoring much less than pre-CQ era.
- Iran shows little to no signs of improvement in offensive chemistry in the 5 years CQ has been in charge. Build-ups are still mostly disastrous. Every game is the story of small periods of decent gameplay followed by the much dreaded longer periods of chaotic football. The only saving grace is a well organized defensive tactic that has somewhat eclipsed the lack of chemistry in possession.