Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

The way the whole thing happened just drained Iran mentally. Iran has come back from behind. Against Iraq 4 years ago and against Portugal. The way this happened and followed by a BS penalty totally killed us. Regardless you got your wish and he is gone now.
So you're saying CQ has no part in today's loss? he and his match plan were immaculate and we only lost concentration, correct?

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
The reality is that CQ never built a team to come from behind only lead and maintain. FAILED
Ohhhh...Yeah....hAji
.......and now it fucking suits you to use my phrases!!!
Pathetic!

http://forums.iransportspress.com/t...-team-news-history.87796/page-78#post-1213882
I'd have to say, screw all the bullshit about "playing a good attacking football" tomorrow.
TM needs to be in the Final game of this tournament, that means and requires to sit back, build up from the behind, keep both wingers back in defence line close to goalie and let the minuets passes, do not take any risks at all....... Japanese are scared to death of going extra time & penalty shoot-outs.
TM players do not need to rush it from the start, they need to control and monitor the vital and magical 15-20 minutes at the start of this match. I would be very surprised if we see a offensive TM tomorrow.
I am absolutely sure C "the Fox" Q and company planning this in the smallest details.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
My 2 cents, i said it before i say it one more time.
  1. CQ did great for Iran, however, he expired 2-3 years ago, he gave Iran all he had (thanks to him) but he doesnt have much else to offer
  2. CQ's main issue is, he focus so much on NOT LOSING rather than winning, when the team concedes , no plan to come back.
  3. *Please read this before you take out your gun and start shooting at me*, Is CQ a good coach for Iran? NO, I think he is done and we need a more attack minded coach, Do I want to keep him? No, Do I want to keep him if the alternative is Branko ? YES. The issue here is, is CQ the best Iran can get? probably, is CQ the best answer for TM ? no.

Feb 4, 2005
  1. CQ did great for Iran, however, he expired 2-3 years ago, he gave Iran all he had (thanks to him) but he doesnt have much else to offer
  2. CQ's main issue is, he focus so much on NOT LOSING rather than winning, when the team concedes , no plan to come back.
  3. *Please read this before you take out your gun and start shooting at me*, Is CQ a good coach for Iran? NO, I think he is done and we need a more attack minded coach, Do I want to keep him? No, Do I want to keep him if the alternative is Branko ? YES. The issue here is, is CQ the best Iran can get? probably, is CQ the best answer for TM ? no.
Afarin. Baba nemiad kesi Iran. Let me ask people here, Imagine you were better than Pep and an Iranian (as you are). Would you honestly go and work as the TM coach? For a second put your patriotic hat aside and think of the fucking joonevars you'll have to deal with every single day, from ordinary people (i.e. fans), to TV reporters, journalists, club coaches, IFF, ministry. That being said I think CQ should not have accepted the renewal of 6 months after the WC.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Whether we like it or not, we need to find a good a suitable coach for our TM! CQ just had his farewell at the press conference.
I think we should bring a good coach, same caliber or even better than CQ... but we also have to make a lot of changes and adjustments to our soccer overall: clubs, facilities, management, etc.. We are still lacking a lot and today proved us just that... Just bringing a high caliber coach is not enough if that is what the intention is

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
this whole thing about not knowing to come back is so utter crap, it's not even funny

Iran came back against Portugal at the World Cup.
He was making an attacking sub (Ansarifard) today to win. The fact that Iran hardly ever fell behind is maybe not his fault. This talk about "Plan B" as if the Japanese coach had a plan B (Btw. no, his idea was equally to press, win the ball, transition quickly and score) is even beyond ridiculous.

Besides, how did Persepolis play in the final again? How did any Iranian team over the past 10-15 years perform against a team from Japan or South Korea when there was something properly at stake?

Maybe stick to FIFA or something...

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I tend to agree here, his relation with TM is over, a bit like a stormy relationship you have had with your ex-girlfriend.
Does not anymore matter how sweet you have had it together, when its over.... its over.

The question is which fella "head coach" worth the name head coach is willing and could take over the job after CQ?
I dont think head coaches staying in a line, elbowing each other to take the credit of being IRI-stamped!

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I tend to agree here, his relation with TM is over, a bit like a stormy relationship you have had with your ex-girlfriend.
Does not matter anymore how sweet you have had it together, when its over.... its over.
The question is which fella "head coach" worth the name head coach is willing and could take over the job after CQ?
I dont think head coaches staying in a line, elbowing each other to take the credit of being IRI-stamped!
Real Madrid didnt give me any names.
But
Jorge Fossati is available.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I like him, he did great things for our football - but he has nothing to add. Time to move on.
Carlos liked fighters and did get some good results, but in my opinion our biggest deficiency still remains unaddressed.
Our players generally start football on asphalt and develop great ball skills - a good manager must utilize on that. We need to play ball control possession football ON THE GROUND.
As evident with our 30% ball possession today, and the number of high balls crossed all over the field - we are far far from where we need to be. We need fast skilled midfielder many of whom I have seen around the league. How Carlos and IFF killed a great potential like Khalatbari career is beyond me......we need 3 of him in midfield.

On a different note - I am sure like me many of you have been bothered by our players constant bickering of referees - well today we paid the price while looking like idiots!
I hope our football management addresses this issue.
well Japan has had a 30 years worth of football program? What about us? half dozen legionaire players and a top coach and aftabeh league players? It doesn't add up. We could not match Japanese speed with khaki players skills. Our fights for a coach will postpone any progress, but we also need a coach who can contribute/ address a program in Iran. Coaches are afraid taking Iranian planes.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
what you have to consider is that as a coach you have to play with what you have. You can't create magic.
Iranian players don't have the mentality of playing offensive football. If they concede a goal, then disaster starts. In other words, rarely we have been scored on and coming back in our history.
For this reason, any coach has to rely on a compact defensive but coutner-attack minded in my opinion. If you want to change that, then you have to fundametnally change Iran's football which is not national team coach responsibility.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Afarin. Baba nemiad kesi Iran. Let me ask people here, Imagine you were better than Pep and an Iranian (as you are). Would you honestly go and work as the TM coach? For a second put your patriotic hat aside and think of the fucking joonevars you'll have to deal with every single day, from ordinary people (i.e. fans), to TV reporters, journalists, club coaches, IFF, ministry. That being said I think CQ should not have accepted the renewal of 6 months after the WC.
If you notice at the end of post Japan game interview , Quiroz called out a reporter as he was being translated, it's vivid how reporters try to get on his nerve, was that the same guy asking coach to apologize to Iranian people? I wonder.