Carlos Queiroz the mastermind Chess player

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
100 Games under CQ/ Full Stats and statistical breakdown

I have been meaning to put together a statistical breakdown of games under CQ and to put to rest a lot of the nonsense that has been spoken about Iran and the progress it underwent under this coach. In this analysis I have broken down the 100 games under a number of categories such as:​
1. World cup Qualifiers (34 games played)​
2. World cup Games (6 games played)​
3. Asian Cup Qualifiers (6 games played)​
4. Asian Cup (10 games played)​
5. WAFF championship (3 games played)​
6. Friendlies (41 games played)​
Total: 100 games played​
Now the 3 main categories that can be looked at will fall under the following:​
1.Total Games (Includes all games played friendly/official)​
2.Total games without friendlies (All games played including WC and excluding friendlies)​
3.Total games W/O friendlies against Asian teams ( All games against Asian teams excluding friendlies)​
In my opinion friendlies are just for practice and in order to really know how well Iran performed we need to look at them when it really counted. Now here are the numbers:​
TOTAL GAMES PLAYED (100)​
Total games played under CQ was 100. In which Iran won 60 times, had27 draws, and 13 losses. Pretty straight forward as where Iran had a 60% win, 27% draw and 13% loss ratio in these 100 games.​
A very good record overall considering that Iran did not lose in 87% of her matches. Plus a 60% winning ratio is a solid one in football.​
TOTAL GAMES WITHOUT FRIENDLIES​
This category includes all games played under CQ minus the friendly games. So it has all qualifiers and cups included in there. In this category Iran played a total of 59 games. In these games Iran won 36 times, had 17 draws, and 6 losses. 3 of Iran’s losses came in the World Cup (Argentina, Bosnia, and Spain) and 3 losses against Asian opposition (Lebanon, Uzbekistan, and Japan). There will be more info on the Asian team losses in the next section.​
Looking at this section and the 59 games played against all opponents Iran had a 61% winning record, 29% draw record, and 10% loss record.​
Iran technically Win/Draw 90% of her games under CQ when it came to official competition. Keep in mind 3 of the 6 losses happened in the World Cup so the record is even more impressive once the World Cup is taken out of the equation.​
TOTAL GAMES AGAINST ASIAN OPPOSITION WITHOUT FRIENDLIES​
This category includes all games played against Asian opposition and not taking into account friendlies. For me this is the true essence of the Iranian team and if you really want to compare them to other Asian teams and how Iran performed overall with progress this is the part that sets Iran apart from all others.​
When it came to Asian teams Iran played them a total of 53 times in which Iran won 35 times, had 15 draws, and lost 3 times. This gives Iran a 66% winning record, 28% draw record, and 6% loss record. Overall Iran won 2/3 of all her games when it came to Asian opposition. The total Win/Draw is at an IMPRESSIVE 94% and 6% losses.
Iran’s 3 losses. In the qualifiers of 2014 world cup Iran lost to Lebanon in Beirut and then Uzbekistan in Tehran. These games took place in 2012 and Iran lost to Uzbekistan in November of 2012. From November 2012 Iran did not lose again against an Asian opposition until Japan in January of 2019. Iran went an impressive 6 years and 2 months before losing to an Asian Team. This record of not losing in 94% of your games and winning 66% of them is truly impressive and testament to why Iran is the top Asian team in all these years.​
At the end I’d like to say Iran had an impressive record under CQ which I highly doubt can be ever repeated again. I don’t even think there are any other teams in the world that had such good results if you look at them in span of 8 years and the totality of the games played. This is something we should all be proud of and be happy that were a part of. Someone said in the other post that CQ planted love in our hearts and this love goes with him wherever he goes. I’d like to second that as this man fought for Iran and Iranian integrity much more than all those running Iran.​

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Great stats Ostad,
We truly got an AMAZING team and are KING of Asia, too bad during the 8 years he was in charge we failed to even make the Final of Asian cup or advance from our group at World Cup :( But, lets not forget, we are the KING OF ASIA.
dude we the KING of NOTHING!!! bunch of BS friendlies that boost up this ranking. loooooooooooool hala doostan khodeshono hey gol bezanan. yeah king of ASIA with king Carlos. looool Let see what he does with Colombia now.

Last edited:

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Well said :

ببين چقدر در فشار و خفگان بوديم و هستيم و چقدر ناملايمات بوديم از خودى ها هيچ وقت در اين چندسال متوجه داشته هاى خوب خودمان نشديم و براى كسى يا اشخاصى كه صادقانه. در راه اهدافمان خواستن كارى بكنند انچنان با خيانت هاى تعداد وطن فروش ها نابودش كرديم و بعد متوجه شديم كه ديگه كار از كار گذشته با خودمان گفتيم كه ديگه تكرار نمى كنيم با خومان عهد كرديم ولى روز از نو همان اشتباهات تكرارو تكرار شد تا كى خدا داند مثعله شخص كيروش نيست كيروش يكى از ان اشتباهات بود ندانستيم و نخواستيم بدونيم تعدادى با اگاهى فقط به فقط بخاطر منافع شخصى خودشان اين ضربه ها را بر پيكر بيمار ايران زدندو تعدادى هم ندانسته بخاطر تعصب داشتن به شخصى يا اشخاصى مثل برانكو و امثالهم براى ايران و ايرانى پيش مى ياد همانطور به من وشما مهم نيست كه كراواسى چه سرنوشتى داره ولى اگر من و شما در كرواسى شاغل بوديم هرگز چنين خيانتى نمى كرديم نمك يك ملت را بخورم و نمك دان بشكنم حد اقل كارى كه ما مى كرديم سعى مى كرديم وظيفه اى كه داريم انجام وظيفه مى كرديم نه از موقيعيت خودم كه اعتماد ميليونها انسان به من است از اين اعتماد سو استفاده كرده خيانت به فردى كه عاشقان داره بكارش و براى غرور و سربلندى ايران هر چه در توان داره انجام مى ده كيروش نابود نشد بلكه ما نابود شديم كيروش رفت بهتر از ايران و در جايى كه مردمش دانستتند لياقت اين مرد بهتر از خيلى مربى هاى دگر است كارش را ادامه ميده ما مى مانيم على و حوضش و برانكو با حيله و فريب به اندوخته هاى خودش اضافه مى كنه و در دلش مطمنا ميگه حق اين ملت نمك نشناس همينه كه من انجام مى دهم نه كيروش و امثال كيروش ها اى اقايان و خانم هاى متعصب پرسپوليس وقتى ايران نباشه پرسپوليس هم نيست در هيچ كجاى دنيا نمى گويند ايران پرسپوليس مى گويند پرسپوليس ايران بارسلوناى اسپانيا منچستر انگلستان تما سيتم وجود تأن از كار افتاده فقط دهان و گوشتان فعال است درست مثل افراد عقب افتاده

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
^^ درست مثل افراد عقب افتاده ^^^ in ghesmato khoob omady . i can name few here but then i will be banned .
This is not my writing
I started by saying well said implying a quote
I should have clarified better
Never less , well said by the author and I agree with what he said

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
کارلوس کی‌روش ساعاتی پیش قراردادش با تیم ملی کلمبیا را رسمی کرد. او پس از آن که از هواپیما پیاده شد و به خروجی فرودگاه رسید، با استقبال بی نظیری مواجه شد. یک ایرانی با پرچم ایران و گلی در دست به سمت او آمد و چندین بار به سرمربی پرتغالی خوش‌آمد گفت؛ آن هم به زبان فارسی. کی‌روش که در جمع خبرنگاران کلمبیایی محصور شده بود، از دیدن دوباره ایرانی‌ها به وجد آمد و با هوادار ایرانی‌اش آن هم با ذوق استقبال کرد. اما هوادار ایرانی کی‌روش در کلمبیا چه کسی بود؟ با حسین پودینه، استاد زبان شناسی دانشگاه گرند کلمبیا درباره خوش‌آمدگویی‌اش به کارلوس کی‌روش گفت‌وگو کرده‌ایم.

*هدف شما از رفتن به فرودگاه و استقبال کارلوس کی‌روش چه بود؟

به همه دنیا و البته خود او نشان دهیم که ما انسان‌های قدرشناسی هستیم. هر کسی که تنها یک قدم برای ایران و مردم ایران بردارد، ما صد قدم به سمت او برمی‌داریم. مهم نیست از نتایج راضی باشیم یا نه، این زحمت هشت ساله کم نبود. افتخاراتی که ما کسب کردیم، دو صعود راحت و بدون نگرانی آن هم به صورت پیاپی به جام جهانی. مقابل آرژانتین، اسپانیا و البته پرتغال که کشور خودش هم بود، آن قدر جسورانه و زیبا بازی کردیم. اسپانیایی‌ها پس از شکست ما خیلی شادی کردند. اینها ارزشمند هستند و من تصمیم گرفتم یک شاخه گل بخرم و با پرچم ایران به استقبال ایشان بروم. من تنها طرفداری بودم که آنجا حضور داشت و سایر افرادی که آن جا حضور داشتند، همه خبرنگار بودند.

* عملکرد کارلوس کی‌روش را به عنوان یک هوادار فوتبال چگونه دیدید؟

دو بار حضور راحت در جام جهانی و عملکرد درخشانمان مقابل تیم‌های قدرتمند جهان در جام جهانی، واقعاً ارزشمند است. حضور تیم ملی ایران در نیمه نهایی جام ملت‌های آسیا آن هم پس از تقریباً بیست سال هم بسیار شیرین است. ما مقابل ژاپن بدشانسی آوردیم و اگر روحیه‌مان را نمی‌باختیم، آنها را هم شکست می‌دادیم.

* دیدگاه رسانه‌های کلمبیا به کارلوس کی‌روش چه بود؟ بازتاب حضور او در کلمبیا را چگونه می‌بینید؟

آنها به دو بار حضور ایران در جام جهانی در عصر کی‌روش اشاره کرده‌اند. آن هم در شرایطی که خود کلمبیا به سختی توانست به جام جهانی صعود کند. تقریباً همه رسانه‌های کلمبیا به آن حقیقت اشاره کردند که تیم ملی ایران پس از برزیل دومین تیمی بود که به جام جهانی صعود کرد. بازتاب این اتفاقات برای من هم جذاب بود. حضور من هم بازتاب زیادی داشت و امروز با هشت کانال تلویزیونی مصاحبه کردم؛ شش کانال کلمبیایی و دو کانال اسپانیایی. آنها تعجب کرده بودند چرا یک هوادار ایرانی اینجا حضور یافته است و من هم به آنها توضیح دادم ما ملت قدرشناسی هستیم

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Great stats Ostad,
We truly got an AMAZING team and are KING of Asia, too bad during the 8 years he was in charge we failed to even make the Final of Asian cup or advance from our group at World Cup :( But, lets not forget, we are the KING OF ASIA.
To be fair, who else did? In the last 8 years:
Qatar only won AC this time, no other achievement, with the same methodology of looking into a time period only they could be called the biggest failure up to last month
UAE none
Uzbeks with so much talent nothing,
Australia, won AC at home, 2 weak WCs
Saudis nothing
K8 disappeared
Iraq no title, no major cups
Korea, we had comparable WCs to them, we had better face to face results, we advanced to the WC twice before them, they also won nothing
China nothing
N. Korea nothing

IMO only Japan did better than us with a slim margin
There is no King in Asia but Iran and Japan at the national level had some noticeable advantage to others, 8 years ago I could not say the same about Iran
Keep in mind every country I listed above has had overall better investment, league, stability,... than Iran, with the exception of Iraq and N. Korea

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I don't know it is true or fake news but it does not seem to be a private island when you read about it in wiki.
But even so, good for him, he had a trade for which he was paid few $M a year for the last 20 years or so, he should be able to finance this level project

I am sure you can guestimate the scale of money lets say Ali Parvin has?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
چقدر ما واقعا بیربط هستیم....اصلا من به این ۸ سال هم کاری ندارم, که البته تو این ۸ سال هم پخی نبودیم, این همه سی کیو سی کیو و این دهان گشاده بازی های ما ایرونی ها و اینا, حتی تو این ۸ سال به فینال قهرمانی آسیا هم نرسیدیم. قطره چوسکی که کوچکتر و کم جمیعت تر از یه سری از شهر های ایرانه, میاد قهرمان آسیا میشه, آقا اگه ما با ۸۰ ملیون جمیعت و این جناب تحفه سی کیو انقدر به استعداد هامون مینازیم و حتی به فینال این بازی ها هم نمیرسیم, پس اینا چی بگن؟ کی پس با استعداد تره؟ اصلا از این ۸ سال بگذریم, آقا ما با این همه گنده گوزی و ۸۰ ملیون جمیعت ۴۰ ساله هیچ گهی تو این آسیا نخوردیم, هنوزم به خودمون میگیم شاه آسیا! عربستان ۳ بار, ژاپن ۴ بار, استرالیا, کویت, قطر, بابا عراق جنگ زده و بدبخت که روزی ۳۰۰ تا کشته میداد و ورزشگاه واسه تمرین نداشتن, اومد قهرمان آسیا شد, ولی نخیر ما گنده گوزا شاه و سرور آسیا هستیم. نه قربون, اگه کسی خایه و غیرت داره, اون عراقیه, اگه کسی استعداد داره اون عراقیه. موقعی که اونا قهرمان آسیا شدن, همین تحفه های جمهوری اسلامی تو لیگ ایران میلیارد میلیارد پول در میآوردن بدون اینکه ۴ تا روپایی بتونن بزنن.

چقدر ما واقعا بیربط هستیم....اصلا من به این ۸ سال هم کاری ندارم, که البته تو این ۸ سال هم پخی نبودیم, این همه سی کیو سی کیو و این دهان گشاده بازی های ما ایرونی ها و اینا, حتی تو این ۸ سال به فینال قهرمانی آسیا هم نرسیدیم. قطره چوسکی که کوچکتر و کم جمیعت تر از یه سری از شهر های ایرانه, میاد قهرمان آسیا میشه, آقا اگه ما با ۸۰ ملیون جمیعت و این جناب تحفه سی کیو انقدر به استعداد هامون مینازیم و حتی به فینال این بازی ها هم نمیرسیم, پس اینا چی بگن؟ کی پس با استعداد تره؟ اصلا از این ۸ سال بگذریم, آقا ما با این همه گنده گوزی و ۸۰ ملیون جمیعت ۴۰ ساله هیچ گهی تو این آسیا نخوردیم, هنوزم به خودمون میگیم شاه آسیا! عربستان ۳ بار, ژاپن ۴ بار, استرالیا, کویت, قطر, بابا عراق جنگ زده و بدبخت که روزی ۳۰۰ تا کشته میداد و ورزشگاه واسه تمرین نداشتن, اومد قهرمان آسیا شد, ولی نخیر ما گنده گوزا شاه و سرور آسیا هستیم. نه قربون, اگه کسی خایه و غیرت داره, اون عراقیه, اگه کسی استعداد داره اون عراقیه. موقعی که اونا قهرمان آسیا شدن, همین تحفه های جمهوری اسلامی تو لیگ ایران میلیارد میلیارد پول در میآوردن بدون اینکه ۴ تا روپایی بتونن بزنن.
I don't want to say Iran should've won the cup because of its population, but it's evident that when it comes to doing the hard stuff (winning trophies, beating giants, being clearly dominant) Iran is seriously crippled. When it comes to other stuff, Iran are truly the King of Asia! Like leading the Fifa ranking or playing the most organized defensive boring mind-numbing style of football known to mankind. This was true before CQ arrived as well.

CQ's achievement was continuing the trend with shittier players and actually improving the defensive aspect. That's like taking a car with an almost empty gas-tank to a carwash. It may look nicer but it's still going to leave you stranded down the road :)