Caspian sea agreement - Another disaster under IR

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Because that is not true.

In reality we lost the Caspian sea the day we lost the Iranian territories to Russia. We can not claim 50% of it when so many countries share the coastline.

If we want the same old area of the Caspian sea then the old Iranian territories need to come back to join Iran. Until then, any claim more than our current coastline percentage, would not be fair to any of those countries.

Because that is not true.

In reality we lost the Caspian sea the day we lost the Iranian territories to Russia. We can not claim 50% of it when so many countries share the coastline.

If we want the same old area of the Caspian sea then the old Iranian territories need to come back to join Iran. Until then, any claim more than our current coastline percentage, would not be fair to any of those countries.
I guess you missed this

1534764799957.png

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I guess you missed this

View attachment 41341
I did not miss it. Of course they were expecting Iran to come out hard to say 50% of the sea is theirs. They were prepared to counter Iran's arguments. Iran increased the pace of the inevitable outcome, saving months or maybe even years of discussions and bitterness between the countries by directly agreeing on the correct decision.

I don't know....that is at least my opinion of all this. Losing old territories is never nice but right should be right. You have to put yourself in the other countries' position as well. It was not their fault that we lost them to Russia. I'm sure if the matter reached UN court, the same decision would have been made. I think despite IR's lack of political qualifications, they made the right diplomacy on this very matter.

Having said that, if this was pre-revolution and we had the US backing, none of these countries, including Russia would even dare to come with such a claim. We'd be keeping 50% of the sea by force but that wouldn't be right.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Let's give Iran 100% of the Caspian sea. What exactly does this bring to your personal life? What exactly does it bring to the personal life of a true Caspian-coast dweller in Iran? What sort of investment, clean up, preservation, entertainment, shipping, pipeline or payoff is in the horizon by Iran?

Shekame khali, goozaye fandoghi. Shit or get off the toilet.