Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Again I don't approve what Ramos did because I don't know if it was intentional or not but this is what football is all about, always been
How wrong you are.

Football is actually one of the few contact sports that was never about out-wrestling the opponent. In fact, up until just a few years ago, no one called it a "contact sport" at all because pushing, pulling, locking-arms and shirt-pulling were very much frowned upon. At some point even tackling became taboo and tackling from behind became a dirty sin.

For some stupid reason, they decided to loosen things up and allowed the game to become physical to the point that there are idiots actually defending the act of "locking arms".

Locking arms is a very dangerous technique that should have no place in a game of football. It should be punished with a direct red-card not hailed as a legal preventative measure.

A player like Salah should not become a victim to such silly things in football. His value to the game is much higher than letting a cunt like Ramos paralyzing him using such techniques.

Football has always been about allowing the technically savvy and speedy players blossom. Not the opposite as you suggest.

How wrong you are.

Football is actually one of the few contact sports that was never about out-wrestling the opponent. In fact, up until just a few years ago, no one called it a "contact sport" at all because pushing, pulling, locking-arms and shirt-pulling were very much frowned upon. At some point even tackling became taboo and tackling from behind became a dirty sin.

For some stupid reason, they decided to loosen things up and allowed the game to become physical to the point that there are idiots actually defending the act of "locking arms".

Locking arms is a very dangerous technique that should have no place in a game of football. It should be punished with a direct red-card not hailed as a legal preventative measure.

A player like Salah should not become a victim to such silly things in football. His value to the game is much higher than letting a cunt like Ramos paralyzing him using such techniques.

Football has always been about allowing the technically savvy and speedy players blossom. Not the opposite as you suggest.
I am not referring to the fouls and malicious acts on the pitch, I am talking about details which may even end someone's career and this was just an example. such things are sometimes unavoidable and I am really unbiased here. I wish him a speedy recovery. VAR is now needed more than ever

I am not referring to the fouls and malicious acts on the pitch, I am talking about details which may even end someone's career and this was just an example. such things are sometimes unavoidable and I am really unbiased here. I wish him a speedy recovery. VAR is now needed more than ever
Thing is, Var would not have helped Salah at all. He was actually directly involved in the arm locking business because he has no other choice but to try to out-wrestle a malicious asshole like Ramos.

I don't understand why these things are even remotely allowed in football given the game actually has a "ball" which should be the only target for all players involved.

Have you noticed the extreme silliness involved in corner kicks these days? How the hell did we end up here? Why are players allowed to wrestle each other?

We now have football academies teaching little kids to dive! I'm sure they're fully involved in spreading the art of locking-arms and shirt-pulling as well.

Thing is, Var would not have helped Salah at all. He was actually directly involved in the arm locking business because he has no other choice but to try to out-wrestle a malicious asshole like Ramos.

I don't understand why these things are even remotely allowed in football given the game actually has a "ball" which should be the only target for all players involved.

Have you noticed the extreme silliness involved in corner kicks these days? How the hell did we end up here? Why are players allowed to wrestle each other?

We now have football academies teaching little kids to dive! I'm sure they're fully involved in spreading the art of locking-arms and shirt-pulling as well.
Correct and I get your point, with VAR salah would not stay on the pitch and continue but it could dismiss Ramos and could refrain him or any other players from repeating it

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Why would any of us forget about what kind of asshole cunt Ramos is, he should be banned from playing football but UEFA keep ignoring his BS and Real fans are finding all kind of excuses to justify his animal behavior, pathetic! BTW I have been following Salah since his Basel days, but he has improved so much since those days, best of luck for him.

Nov 29, 2002

Then next time you go watch a game of any kind ask them salah's previous clubs and I bet you %70 of them wouldn't know.
Agha the thing is that you're just plain wrong with this statement. I don't know how else to put it.... :unsure:

Almost everyone knows he was in Roma last year because he was one of the best players in Serie A. Are you telling me that 70% of people don't know he was at Roma last year???

Anyone who follows the Premiership knows the pomp with which Chelsea signed him from Basel and how it was a bit of a surprise that despite some promising performances Mourinho farmed him out to Fiorentina then he went to Roma.

What is interesting about the guy in comparison with Messi and Ronaldo is that he wasn't always like this, he has worked very hard on the technical aspects of his game including so many finishing sessions with Alex Frei in Basel as his shooting. He could have gone the way of so many other players...

I guess that is why a lot of people like him, because he has pushed himself and improved himself so much over the years, and most of us I imagine have been following his progression from a raw pacy winger/wing-forward who was not good at finishing to what he is now.

Agha the thing is that you're just plain wrong with this statement. I don't know how else to put it.... :unsure:

Almost everyone knows he was in Roma last year because he was one of the best players in Serie A. Are you telling me that 70% of people don't know he was at Roma last year???

Anyone who follows the Premiership knows the pomp with which Chelsea signed him from Basel and how it was a bit of a surprise that despite some promising performances Mourinho farmed him out to Fiorentina then he went to Roma.

What is interesting about the guy in comparison with Messi and Ronaldo is that he wasn't always like this, he has worked very hard on the technical aspects of his game including so many finishing sessions with Alex Frei in Basel as his shooting. He could have gone the way of so many other players...

I guess that is why a lot of people like him, because he has pushed himself and improved himself so much over the years, and most of us I imagine have been following his progression from a raw pacy winger/wing-forward who was not good at finishing to what he is now.
Actually you are right , I take it back . I just read a few posts and realized many been following him since his days in El Mekawloon . I was so behind. My bad and I should apologize.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I am confused what makes a fan qualify to express on opinion? Granted some may think Barcelona played Real.. LOL.

It's not job of a fan to know long history of the player, it's the scouts job normally. You kind of picked a bad example, actually many do know Salah's recent history.

Anyway not picking on you but a lot of disappointed neutral fans all over the place wishin for Salah/Liverpool had a fair chance in that game.

Petition going around is at 400k sig. thinking it will be well over 1000000 by Friday or so. What would FIFA do? prolly none but a symbolic act and that ppl expect evil/wrong to be punished.

A prominent Egyptian lawyer says he has gone so far to file a lawsuit against FIFA that "could exceed €1 billion, for the physical and psychological harm that Ramos gave Salah and the Egyptian people," Goal reported.

"Ramos intentionally injured Mo Salah and should be punished about his actions," Bassem Wahba said on TV station Sada El-Balad, according to Goal.

Then next time you go watch a game of any kind ask them salah's previous clubs and I bet you %70 of them wouldn't know. Just do it and you see what I mean. Behind a keyboard and with the power of google everyone is a football fan.

Again I don't approve what Ramos did because I don't know if it was intentional or not but this is what football is all about, always been

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
All and all I think Real would have found a way to beat Liverpool, RM is in a different league in my opinion. Liverpool should have been in their best day and they were not clearly. There is always a next year !!

Nov 29, 2002
You kind of picked a bad example, actually many do know Salah's recent history.

l.
Actually you are right , I take it back . I just read a few posts and realized many been following him since his days in El Mekawloon . I was so behind. My bad and I should apologize.
Fariborz agha your sarcasm is fantastic. But please just one thing, can you wish for Cheshmi and Masoud to start against Morocco and for Ronaldo, Isco, Asensio to be fit for the world cup. I need to have some hope.