Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Real bench is not as deep as last year and they didn't shop as good as previous years during off season, that is the main concern!
This... but many have problem to understand it , this is football 101. Maybe other team can do it with the smaller squad but for Madrid that was the key. Hala hey Karim goal nazad , Ronaldo ro form nist , Morata chera raft ..City and PSG are candidate to win it ? then look at their squad .. yes the reality is that we needed James and Morata to come off the bench and score against minnows , this is how we won the league

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Real bench is not as deep as last year and they didn't shop as good as previous years during off season, that is the main concern!
Ostad, khob its like saying there are 24 hours in a day ! of course the bench is not as deep as last year, but ZZ decided to give homegrown players like Achraf and Asesio a chance and not spend, now you either have to be patient and WAIT for results, or you cant and then go buy big players, but you cant win right away with home grown players! the only mistake ZZ made was letting Morata go, but then again, Morata wanted to play 90 min, no way that would happen with Karim there. Who would you buy? Icardi is the only player i like to see in Real next year, his buyout clause is 110 m, if Real gets him for around that or even 120-130, i say go for it, if not, then I am ok waiting and banking on our youth, and no i am not expecting to win year after year :)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I was referring to Real spending crazy money each summer which wasn't the case this yr, seems like u missed the point.
I know Zidane giving chances to some academy kids but big clubs don't have enough patient for that, not that i am against it!

I was referring to Real spending crazy money each summer which wasn't the case this yr, seems like u missed the point.
I know Zidane giving chances to some academy kids but big clubs don't have enough paitence for that, not that i am against it!
Just to be specific it's been Two years we haven't spent. There has been a change of heart in Florentino perez's policy and thanks to Jose Angel Sanchez who happens to be his right hand man . Bank on youth and buy young quality players from rest of Spain like Asensio , ceballo , Theo and Vallejo, but this is not supposed to turn us to another Arsenal. We need to stay competitive at the same time . Fans get frustrated for nothing , CL is not ALFAE KHERS to win it every year or two. I am cool but still want a mercenary upfront by January

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I know Zidane giving chances to some academy kids but big clubs don't have enough patient for that, not that i am against it!
Ostad, can you please let me know the this "Crazy spending each summer" since ZZ joined almost 2 years ago ?

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Hala 3 yrs a go. Fargesh chieh aghaye molla loghati? Lol
The issue is big clubs sadly are not a place for development and u had better bench last yr. Morata alone was a huge plus.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hala 3 yrs a go. Fargesh chieh aghaye molla loghati? Lol
The issue is big clubs sadly are not a place for development and u had better bench last yr. Morata alone was a huge plus.
just getting the facts right, not being Molla loghati, even the previous years,

17/18
Net: -70 million Pounds (meaning purchase - sale)

16/17
Net: -6 million pounds

15/16
Net: 56 million Pounds

14/15
Net: 12 million Pounds

13/14
Net: 55 million pounds

12/13
Net: 0 million pounds

11/12
Net: 42 million pounds

10/11
Net: 74 million pounds

9/10
Net: 153 million pounds

if you take an average , the past "9" years, Real has spent ~35 million pounds a year ... do you refer to this as "crazy money each summer" ... again, not being molla loghati, just simply showing the facts.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
just getting the facts right, not being Molla loghati, even the previous years,

17/18
Net: -70 million Pounds (meaning purchase - sale)

16/17
Net: -6 million pounds

15/16
Net: 56 million Pounds

14/15
Net: 12 million Pounds

13/14
Net: 55 million pounds

12/13
Net: 0 million pounds

11/12
Net: 42 million pounds

10/11
Net: 74 million pounds

9/10
Net: 153 million pounds

if you take an average , the past "9" years, Real has spent ~35 million pounds a year ... do you refer to this as "crazy money each summer" ... again, not being molla loghati, just simply showing the facts.
This is only gross transfer spent since 2010, you see Real is still in top 10:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-europes-biggest-spenders-2010-and-whos-made-most-money

btw, how you had +12 millions NET spent in 2014-2015 when you only paid 80 millions for James if i am not wrong? or around 100 millions for Bale in 2013? What is your source?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
This is only gross transfer spent since 2010, you see Real is still in top 10:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/revealed-europes-biggest-spenders-2010-and-whos-made-most-money

btw, how you had +12 millions NET spent in 2014-2015 when you only paid 80 millions for James if i am not wrong? or around 100 millions for Bale in 2013? What is your source?
14/15 when James came for 75, we sold Di Maria for exactly the same amount, + Xabi Alonso and Morata.

13/14 when Bale came, we sold, Ozil, Higuin, Callejon and Albiol.

your graph is missing 2017, where real Xfer was -70 million, that would push Real near Roma ! considering in the same time period, Real has won 3 CL , i say not bad ey ?
Source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/real-madrid/transfers/verein/418/saison_id/2017

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
14/15 when James came for 75, we sold Di Maria for exactly the same amount, + Xabi Alonso and Morata.

13/14 when Bale came, we sold, Ozil, Higuin, Callejon and Albiol.

your graph is missing 2017, where real Xfer was -70 million, that would push Real near Roma ! considering in the same time period, Real has won 3 CL , i say not bad ey ?
Source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/real-madrid/transfers/verein/418/saison_id/2017
That doesn't change the fact, 180 million spent for James and Bale who performed as good as someones who are paid 1/3 of this price.

No one questioned what Real won since, i am just saying the way you say it is not ''Crazy Money'' is like Real spent like a mid table La Liga or Bundesliga League. Having said that they are doing right things lately, and i think Zidane need to stay doesn't matter the results.

Don't forget the core of team is getting old: Ramos, Modric, Ronaldo, so i think Zidane doing a right thing. There is price to pay for playing the younger players.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
That doesn't change the fact, 180 million spent for James and Bale who performed as good as someones who are paid 1/3 of this price.

No one questioned what Real won since, i am just saying the way you say it is not ''Crazy Money'' is like Real spent like a mid table La Liga or Bundesliga League. Having said that they are doing right things lately, and i think Zidane need to stay doesn't matter the results.

Don't forget the core of team is getting old: Ramos, Modric, Ronaldo, so i think Zidane doing a right thing. There is price to pay for playing the younger players.
Ostad, spending should be in balance with selling, anyway, lets agree to disagree !

re: James and Bale price tag, I personally dont believe pricetag is directly related to player talent. Marketing, jersey sales etc ... all play a role
I never said Real doesnt spend, i disagreed (and still do) with the part, Real spending crazy money every year. Real is NOT a mid-table team, so why should they spend like one? Real has fans all over the world, so why should they spend like a mid-table team?

100% agree with you re core of the team getting old, I really hope ZZ stay as the coach and build the team.

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
David Luiz has played for Chelsea and PSG and Chelsea agian, yet our Jalal Hosseini never got to play in Europe.

I know I say it alot, but seriously a shame.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
David Luiz has played for Chelsea and PSG and Chelsea agian, yet our Jalal Hosseini never got to play in Europe.

There are literally ZERO good defenders in Europe at this time! They're all shit.

You're right. Our own Jalal Hosseini is better than 99% of them.

Forwards and wingers got so much better, stronger and faster in the past 2 decades, but defenders only got worse or stagnated. In the past, 2 forwards against 4 defenders literally had no chance. These days, it's those 4 defenders that often don't stand a chance. Look at Tottenham's goals in recent years.

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
This... but many have problem to understand it , this is football 101. Maybe other team can do it with the smaller squad but for Madrid that was the key. Hala hey Karim goal nazad , Ronaldo ro form nist , Morata chera raft ..City and PSG are candidate to win it ? then look at their squad .. yes the reality is that we needed James and Morata to come off the bench and score against minnows , this is how we won the league
Well said. With this squad we could win CL if everyone is on top from and we have all the injured players back. But that is a big IF.
Winning the league needs a miracle. Too bad the era of miracles are long gone, and unfortunately the only remaining miracle plays for our rival and his name is Messi.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002

Jalal was probably the main victim of shitty period of our football between 2007 to 2013.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Well said. With this squad we could win CL if everyone is on top from and we have all the injured players back. But that is a big IF.
Winning the league needs a miracle. Too bad the era of miracles are long gone, and unfortunately the only remaining miracle plays for our rival and his name is Messi.
Barca is going to drop points, especially when playing away! even Messi cant help them as it was shown vs Olympiakos. The issue is, we need to wake up and win the easy games, are we going to ? I dont know anymore ....

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
There are literally ZERO good defenders in Europe at this time! They're all shit.
I only follow EPL very closely but I honestly believe that van Dijk, Alderweireld and Verthongen are some of the best defenders I have ever watched playing the game. Strong, tall, skillful and brave and they don't play dirty like the old Italian defenders (I know, it sounds kind of gay).

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Barca is going to drop points, especially when playing away! even Messi cant help them as it was shown vs Olympiakos. The issue is, we need to wake up and win the easy games, are we going to ? I dont know anymore ....

Of course Barca will drop points. But that is good news for Valencia not for RM.
If Zidane doesn’t do anything about the way we are playing then we should be content with 4th position.