Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Ghoddos hasn't won a single 1x1 battle all game. Not good at all.
Simply not true, he won plenty. Overall he had a very good game and was by far Östersunds best player. Sometimes I feel like you like to hate on everything Iranian just for the sake of hating. I have read opinions on several forums, Iranian, Swedish and foreign, and you are the only person I have seen so far that is criticizing Ghoddos today. Straight out everyone else has given him praises.

Its not easy to shine as a forward playing in a dysfunctional team that shows no signs of attacking power and playing versus a completely dominating team. He did very well today IMO given the circumstances.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I honestly can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or serious. I know he is not in par with players in your favorite team but I like to think that you have been around and are knowledgeable enough to know his potentials for TM, unless you have not followed TM and his addition to it closely in recent times.
He is our new Ghelichkhani ....soon to be the governor in the heart of team melli .

Nov 29, 2002
I actually find him very average with subpar positioning and decision making. He doesn't have to take this game by storm, but given how crappy his teammates are, it shouldn't be hard for him to outshine them. So far, he's shown nothing impressive.
I dunno man, i missed the second half but in the first half his hustle i thought was good when he was often the lone forward, he positioned himself well but often the ball could never get to him, looking at him he seemed to have good awareness of what was going to happen.

He had the great run when he was cut down by Mustafi (which should have been a card, the referee analyst on bt sport said it could have even been a red for mustafi) and the sharp shot which although central had a lot of power on it and Ospina did well to bat it behind.

Overall I was impressed with him, particularly his off-the-ball play in a very weak side.

As I say I missed the second half so perhaps he was weaker in that one.

Nov 29, 2002
I honestly can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or serious. I know he is not in par with players in your favorite team but I like to think that you have been around and are knowledgeable enough to know his potentials for TM, unless you have not followed TM and his addition to it closely in recent times.
I'm pretty sure he is being sarcastic

Some of you have very flexible standards when it comes to Iranian players. If Ghoddos had been a Moroccan, most of you would've easily marked him as "nothing special" and been happy to see our World-Cup opponent's striker being so ordinary. I try not to be like that. I sometimes fail at this myself too and get excited.

Most of us here understand Team Melli's level and its limitations. We also realize CQ's style will not bear much fruit when it comes to goals and attacking football. With 5-6 months to World-Cup, the only thing that could get exciting is one or two of our legionnaires doing something extraordinary and possibly opening a new door for CQ (who also knows his team's limitations).

So far, Jahanbakhsh is the only one who seems to be quite special, but unfortunately his record is pretty underwhelming for Team Melli. I don't expect that to change for the World Cup.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
sorry for being slow, it is late here, is your reference to Ghelichkhani for RM being at Football Legend level?
No not really , RM knows his players .... My comment is my feeling about the guy first time I saw him play ,he just reminded me of how Ghelichkhani was carrying himself in the field ,he was the real deal and this guy looks the part .

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Some of you have very flexible standards when it comes to Iranian players. If Ghoddos had been a Moroccan, most of you would've easily marked him as "nothing special" and been happy to see our World-Cup opponent's striker being so ordinary. I try not to be like that. I sometimes fail at this myself too and get excited.

Most of us here understand Team Melli's level and its limitations. We also realize CQ's style will not bear much fruit when it comes to goals and attacking football. With 5-6 months to World-Cup, the only thing that could get exciting is one or two of our legionnaires doing something extraordinary and possibly opening a new door for CQ (who also knows his team's limitations).

So far, Jahanbakhsh is the only one who seems to be quite special, but unfortunately his record is pretty underwhelming for Team Melli. I don't expect that to change for the World Cup.
I dont know if its a case of having flexible standards, but rather rating him to some sort of level that makes sense. Being a good or bad player is always relative to others. None is saying Ghoddos is the next Messi or Salah, but just that he had a very good game compared to his own level, his teams level, the league he is playing and all other given circumstances (his age etc.).

Just the fact that Östersund recently has turned down more than a handful of offers for him, I think the latest being somewhere around 6M euro, by itself says that the market is currently valuing him (together with Jahanbakhsh) as one of our highest valued players. Sure, he is still nothing compared to many decent european players playing in decent teams, but still doesnt mean Ghoddos is being crap and not doing well for now.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well I won't join you guys for the conversations today. I will be at the LV, FCB Fan club and sorry this post is a paragraph long but I am excited.

Shout out to the Southies: Bavarians, Bayern Munchen, Stern Des Stundens, das original, Deutscher Meisters, Beat Bestikas MIA San Mia, prost!

I will just post the first part:
Welche Münchner Fussballmannschaft kennt man auf der ganzen Welt? Wie heißt dieser Klub der hier zu Lande die Rekorde Hält? Wer hat schon gewonnen was jemals zu gewinnen gab? Wer bring seit Jahrzehnten unsere Bundesliga voll auf trap

FC Bayern Stern des Südens, du wirst niemals Unter gehn, weil wir in guten wie in schlechten Zeiten zu einander stehn, Fc Bayern Deutscher meister ja so heißt er mein Verein, Ja so war es und so ist es und so wird es immer sein

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Apparently Manu Neuer will be back for the 2nd leg of the Bestikas game. I am glad that Thiago,returned to first etam action, we need his experience, he is one of our better central mid fielders.

Looks like Bestikas are missing some key guys as well but I am not worried because Bayern has better depth. Our back up GK Sven Ulricht got Bundesliga GK of the month and deserved his call up to Die Mannschaft.

Bayern has two GK's playing for the National Team, they will be fine but we need to score a lot of goals. The return leg will be hell, Turkish fans are notorious hooligans. The wise guys in Las Vegas have us winning 84%.

Normally pot 2 teams are not that heavily favored but Bayern is not your typical pot 2 team.