Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Nov 29, 2002
David De Gea is the best goalkeeper in history. Show me one keeper who has made the type of saves he's been making every week for the past 3-4 years and I'll buy you dinner. How does he even see those balls, let alone dive and react to them?!!
If he had a square jaw instead of looking a bit like a weasel-elf then people would be going crazy about him being the best keeper ever seen. If he gets some good plastic surgery then finally I think everyone will respect what he is (not just comparing him as being on-par with Ter Stegen like Fariborz khan).

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
If he had a square jaw instead of looking a bit like a weasel-elf then people would be going crazy about him being the best keeper ever seen. If he gets some good plastic surgery then finally I think everyone will respect what he is (not just comparing him as being on-par with Ter Stegen like Fariborz khan).
LMAO, that was funny weasel-elf, De Gea is great but best GK ever ahem excuse me- when win a World Cup, be the German Wall in the box and goals are hard to come by, Neuer is something else. In my Mt Rushmore of Gk's De Ga is not on the list, in no particular order: Lev Yassin, black spider CCCP, Oliver Khan, Manu Neuer, GG Buffon.

Guess who might come back for the return leg of the Bestikas game, mamma here come that man! I did a DNA analysis on Neuer and I just got back the results from 23 and me and ancestory. Just as I suspected, Manu Neuer is mtYGerman and mt-alien.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya I didn't see him because he was after my time but you didn't see Lev Yassin? He really was the black spider. In my lifetime I have to think of a fourth but Neuer, Khan and GG. I think Iker Casillas is> De Gea personally. .

There really are so many good ones but you can't leave Yassin out, just in my humble unbiased opinion. :)
My four

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
In some ways a lot of us who follow the EPL are pissed off because, were it not for De Gea, we would have seen abject humiliation for Mourinho.

The guy has been saved by his goalkeeper, there is no rhyme or reason to why his team are sitting second in the Premiership.

I used to find Mourinho really entertaining but now he's just become boring. It would be fun to see his team in 12th/13th where they belong but this damn keeper is stopping that from happening.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Dr Strangemoosh In my country we have a saying, "It's not about the X's and O's, it's about the Jimmy's and Joes." Josie get's his butt saved because of De Gea.

I don't know I still personally am amuzed by Josiesms, usually he comes up with something creative and funny, especially if they lose.

Feb 4, 2005
David De Gea is the best goalkeeper in history. Show me one keeper who has made the type of saves he's been making every week for the past 3-4 years and I'll buy you dinner. How does he even see those balls, let alone dive and react to them?!!
Undoubtably the best of last 3 years. He doesn’t commit quickly and has unbelieavably fast reactions.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You guys have your opinion but I sitll say Neuer has faster reflexes than De Gea and should be in perfect form for the World Cup in Russia. \

He should be returning in March, that is plenty of time.

Man U legend, Peter Schmeicel
Manchester United legend Peter Schmeichel considers Manuel Neuer to be a better goalkeeper than Red Devils number one David de Gea.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/de-g...chel-selects-worlds/gomyfuvsa3j51vqpuo4gkae4x

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
@Pooya I didn't see him because he was after my time but you didn't see Lev Yassin? He really was the black spider. In my lifetime I have to think of a fourth but Neuer, Khan and GG. I think Iker Casillas is> De Gea personally. .

There really are so many good ones but you can't leave Yassin out, just in my humble unbiased opinion. :)
My four
Dude, Yasin was 50 years old when I was born ! so no , I didnt see him live ! the list i wrote, are the keeper i remember watching on TV or live in Stadium.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Kasra jan hurry up mate , show him what he needs ....he is buying dinner and tell him it's two of us and we don't like fast food !:cool:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dude, Yasin was 50 years old when I was born ! so no , I didnt see him live ! the list i wrote, are the keeper i remember watching on TV or live in Stadium.
Ya that is true you have to be an old timer to remmber Yassin, I like your list though I would say though the one that doesn't belong is Degea I like Iker Casillas, Zenga, Neuer, Illgner and of course GG. Is DeGea realy in their level I say NO.

You forgot one though-OLIVER KHAN Mr. Bayern Munchen and Die Mannschaft dude is a legend in Germany still. He was Neuer before Neuer.

Hard to really say the best GG in HISTORY, from the ones i watched (young enough to remember them)
- GG
- Bodo Illgner
- Nuer
- Walter Zenga
- Iker Casillas
- Degea
Dude you've got to be joking! Illgner?!! Zenga?!! Nostalgia aside, those 2 were barely above average even in their own era.

Buffon is indeed legendary. When he was at his peak, he was close to what De Gea is now, but De Gea wins because he definitely is more modern and more athletic. Buffon easily wins for his leadership, presence and achievements.

Nuer is one hell of a sweeper/keeper, but reflexes? Please! De Gea wins. Nuer is indeed the best keeper in history when it comes to being an "all around" player, but for pure goalkeeping, De Gea is #1.

Iker can't be considered because of his strange prolonged downward trend. I strongly believe depression took over this guy's life and never left.

Pfaff and Preudhomme were excellent keepers, but they didn't face the level of football De Gea is facing and according to most goalkeepers, the new balls are much harder to anticipate than older ones so again De Gea wins.

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Dude you've got to be joking! Illgner?!! Zenga?!! Nostalgia aside, those 2 were barely above average even in their own era.

Buffon is indeed legendary. When he was at his peak, he was close to what De Gea is now, but De Gea wins because he definitely is more modern and more athletic. Buffon easily wins for his leadership, presence and achievements.

Nuer is one hell of a sweeper/keeper, but reflexes? Please! De Gea wins. Nuer is indeed the best keeper in history when it comes to being an "all around" player, but for pure goalkeeping, De Gea is #1.

Iker can't be considered because of his strange prolonged downward trend. I strongly believe depression took over this guy's life and never left.

Pfaff and Preudhomme were excellent keepers, but they didn't face the level of football De Gea is facing and according to most goalkeepers, the new balls are much harder to anticipate than older ones so again De Gea wins.
I am waiting for Kasra to chime in with Nasser Khan topping that list.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I am waiting for Kasra to chime in with Nasser Khan topping that list.
I can tell you, he had everything you wanted a keeper to have, but you have all been bored by me and Kasra hearing it. and either not seen him play or just a distant memory, unfortunately even 11 years was too short a career that ended at 29 years old.
Had he made it to Man United in 1979 then I am sure many of you would have added him to your list.
De Gea is excellent keeper but his aerial game is not as good as Buffon or Nuer, shot stopping he is on par with them but tactically they are better than him.

Feb 4, 2005
Masoud started for AEK against Kiev. First leg in Athens ended 1-1 and this one in Kiev is 0-0 (65'). Saman Ghoddoos will start against Arsenal in about 40 minutes.