Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Nov 29, 2002
He's done all you can physically expect of him. The UK pundits (BT Sport) are waxing lyrical about him, saying he is worth many times what he is paid.

I agree with Soroush generally most/all of the time about football but I genuinely don't understand how he could have expected Ghoddos to do better in that first leg (and as I said before, I only saw the first half properly so second half he may have been weaker). Tactically there wasn't much more he could do.

I like to think that i'm pretty objective when it comes to our players (especially the ones who i haven't really followed) but the guy just seems really good. Instead of JB's position, we need to play him as a forward in the friendlies to see him properly.

Nov 29, 2002
VERY BAD pass by Ghoddos. He needs to make the right decisions not do stupid hollywood balls for no reason.

But, even now at minute 73 he's looking positive, aggressively pushing the turnovers. EPL managers love this kind of player. Whereas I think someone like Sardar is a more intrinsically talented footballer (despite the fact that they play in very different roles), Saman is the one who will be the more successful over the next decade. His work rate...

He will be our biggest player. Hope whoever takes over from CQ knows how to use him.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
lol at Arsenal, losing to OSTA what!!! khahar Nilou kojae!!! I know you advanced but that was horrible... Let see what you can do against $hitty this weekend!!

Nov 29, 2002
This was Wenger talking about Ghoddos in the first leg:

"Look I believe the most impressive player in the first leg was Ghoddos, who is a marvellous player technically and tactically, and I was impressed by him"

When asked if he would sign him "Look, we are not in a transfer period"

Man that would be really good if Wenger takes a shining to him for a summer signing!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
De Gea is right now by far the best keeper in the world. He has excellent distribution with his feet, he is great on the line, great on crosses etc. he has no flaws as a goalkeeper. Best of all time or not, but De Gea is right now by far the best.

LOL @ Kahn though. Kahn wasn't even the best of his generation. He was overrated German hype.

I agree with Soroush generally most/all of the time about football but I genuinely don't understand how he could have expected Ghoddos to do better in that first leg (and as I said before, I only saw the first half properly so second half he may have been weaker). Tactically there wasn't much more he could do.
No there wasn't, but I didn't find him all that special compared to his teammates (who were absolute rubbish in the first leg)

He's quite alright for Team Melli level. Nothing extreme, but quite alright. Has more brains than most of our players (except maybe Jahanbakhsh who has a brain but forgets how to play as soon as he wears that Team Melli jersey)

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
De Gea is right now by far the best keeper in the world. He has excellent distribution with his feet, he is great on the line, great on crosses etc. he has no flaws as a goalkeeper. Best of all time or not, but De Gea is right now by far the best.

LOL @ Kahn though. Kahn wasn't even the best of his generation. He was overrated German hype.
I agree, IMO he has been the best for at least 3-4 years now, even during the years when there was this over the top hype of Manuel Neur.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I agree, IMO he has been the best for at least 3-4 years now, even during the years when there was this over the top hype of Manuel Neur.
Hype? The man won a World Cup what more do you want from Neuer. If you think De Gea is better that is your opinion but don't discredit Neuer that is not fair, just saying.
Being great for club is one thing, being great for country and winning a World Cup is a different story. It's not hype if you win a freaking World Cup!

Last edited:

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Being great for club is one thing, being great for country and winning a World Cup is a different story. It's not hype if you win a freaking World Cup!
So according to you a tournament with a total of 7 games during the course of 4 weeks every 4 years is a much better measurement of how great a player is than club level with 40-50 games every year in all kind of formats playing against the very best players and teams??

With that kind of logic Messi would probably not even fit in the list of the best 100 players in history

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
So according to you a tournament with a total of 7 games during the course of 4 weeks every 4 years is a much better measurement of how great a player is than club level with 40-50 games every year in all kind of formats playing against the very best players and teams??

With that kind of logic Messi would probably not even fit in the list of the best 100 players in history
Ok so to answer your questions 1- Not me but most football fans ya, World Cup>Champion's League or club success. As for Mr. Messi goes, he carried Argentina to a WC Finals., without him they tie to Iran and don't even beat Iran. So ya every now and then there are exceptions to the rule.

Heck you can say the same about Johan" Cruijff or even Lev Yassin, fantastic players who never won a WC, it happens but usually if all else is equal, WC wins.

You answered my question with another question tell me how on earth is a World Cup Champion and a guy who had club success, hype? Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for now De Gea did it at the club level, Neuer did it at the club and NT level.

When you make these kind of statements, it makes me think you really don't believe it and are saying it for "shock value" like when sports talk show hosts in USA do it for ratings "Oh LeBron James sucks he's overrated, Neuer is hype."You can have De Gea, I will keep Neuer for Die Mannschaft and Bayern Muchen.

Last edited: