Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
The 2-1 conceded was just pure terrible defending.

But what a player Eriksen is! I can't believe it! If anyone at Barca had any brains, they would have given Spurs a blank check for him and said "put any number you want on him". The guy just oozes class with from his nailtoe.
He is pure class and he has been since his Ajax days, I always thought he was a special player and I was surprised it took him few years before joining a top team and that is not really the top top team. Barca has lost on Pijanic and Gundogan and never thought about Eriksen is shocking, they would fit perfectly with Barca system.
I have not remembered Juve getting dominated this much in the last several years, not even last year final, and still win the game. Eriksen and Dembele completely dominated the midfield in both legs, it was only Allegri brilliant subs that change the game and thanks to bad defending we pulled it out, I can't believe it!
BTW I have read the book, it was amazing, sorry if I lost contact and didn't thank you earlier. I greatly appreciated!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
My friend I respect your opinion about Neuer vs De Gea everyone is entitled to their opinions but both to me had great club success and are close.

Since I am in Vegas I usually check the CL odds-These are the latest odds by the wise guys, without Neuer Bayern is in 3rd at 9/2
1-Man City 11/4, 2- Real Madrid 7/2 3-Bayern Munchen 9/2 4- Barce 5/1 5- Liverpool 9/1 and 6-Juve 10/1. 7 Next team Man U is 18/1 .

https://m.skybet.com/football/champions-league/event/20605634

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
David De Gea is the best goalkeeper in history. Show me one keeper who has made the type of saves he's been making every week for the past 3-4 years and I'll buy you dinner. How does he even see those balls, let alone dive and react to them?!!
Are you kidding me? Buffon from his age 17-35 has been making saves like that day in and day out, best GK ever I have seen.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Are you kidding me? Buffon from his age 17-35 has been making saves like that day in and day out, best GK ever I have seen.
I agree with you man and I have said before Buffon and Neuer are both better than De Gea, even if you look at Neuer's club accomplishments and want to dismiss the WC because it's only "7 games." Anyways De Gea is a solid GK but ya Buffon has been making those saves from 17-35 and Neuer has been consistent as well.

Bayern are currently 9/2 odds but I bet we will get a bit of a boost in the odds when Neuer comes back for the return leg of the Bestikas series. I have Neuer and Buffon in my Mt Rushmore of GK, along with Yassin and Oliver Khan but that is just me. I respect other people's opinion though, we can all like and support our guy. For me that is Neuer but I respect the hell out of Buffon, which is why he is in my Mt. Rushmore of GK. Honoroble mention, Iker Casillas Fernández

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Nope. Not day-in day-out. Many times, but not all the time. That's why De Gea is special. He has yet to lose form since he was a teenager.

Buffon has enjoyed quite the prolific defense lines in front of him. De Gea has had baboons as teammates and retards as managers compared to Buffon. I don't recall Buffon consistently saving Juventus for 5 seasons in a row from some extremely embarrassing losses. Buffon was playing for a champion or runner-up side all of his career (admittedly he contributed a lot to that fact). De Gea has been playing for a severely declining Man U and literally saving their asses from the most devastating results.

How many times can you recall Buffon single handedly saving his team while getting dominated and embarrassed? This is what De Gea has been doing frequently after Sir Alex's departure.

BTW, I probably love Buffon more than you do, but fair is fair.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Dude Buffon has been saving many important saves during his career and without him, Juve would not have won as many trophies and Italy would have never won that WC. You don't think he has been making important impossible saves day in and day out then you have not watched him every game like I did. Like I said Buffon is the BEST GK I have ever seen played and Da Gae is not even worth his left arm, we will judge Da Gae when he turns 40 and we'll see if he can perform in the top level like Buffon and saves penalties. I even rank Nuer higher than Da Gae, the German has been struggling with injuries, also Oblak is absolutely an outstanding GK!
Buffon also played in Parma and enjoyed success without the world-class Juve defense in front of him, Buffon might not have been playing in Man United to save them from embarrassing losses but he has been very important in Juve trophies winning streak with his important saves and leadership while he is at the end of his career. You are entitled to your opinion but IMO this is the ridiculous claim to make that Da Gae is better than Buffon while the Spanish career is not even over yet.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@byebyenow Neuer kind of suffered some freak injuries but he should be just fine when he comes back.

We discussed Buffon from 17-35 he consistently played at a high level. The German is going to be just fine Neuer is going to bounce right back, they didn't rush it.

As for De Gea well he is the youngest at 27, Neuer is 31 still young for a GK and Buffon is at the home stretch of his career. Buffon's career is still not over though.

Neuer will win some more CL's and he will have a couple of more cracks at winning another WC.

Lots of news about him going to Madrid :( ... I really hope he never comes, way tooooooo much drama around him and his skills are nothing special.
His skills are definitely special. It's just that he's also quite 'special' in having absolutely no loyalty or motivation. He's the typical Brazilian mercenary that gets swayed very easily. He will lose form in a couple of years and most likely be forgotten. His father is at fault for most of this.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Despite Buffon playing for my rivals, the truth is that I have always been a big fan of him. In my book he is one of the best keepers in the history.

BUT, I have to say I agree with BTs view of De Gea. I have never in my life seen any keeper play at the level De Gea has been playing, for several seasons in a row. It is for me unmatched by any keeper I have seen before.

However, Is he better than Buffon? Is he the best keeper in history? Those are questions that can not be answered for a keeper that is only 27 and is expected to have many good years left. If he manages to keep this GOD-LIKELY form for 6-7 more years then yes for me he is the best in the history. If not, then at the end of his career it will be difficult to look back and say if he was better or buffon (or many other keepers).

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
His skills are definitely special. It's just that he's also quite 'special' in having absolutely no loyalty or motivation. He's the typical Brazilian mercenary that gets swayed very easily. He will lose form in a couple of years and most likely be forgotten. His father is at fault for most of this.
What is so special with his skills?Pointless dribbles leading to nothing ?
He brings WAY TOO MUCH drama with him !

Feb 4, 2005
United: De Gea; Valencia (c), Bailly, Smalling, Young; Matic, Fellaini; Lingard, Alexis, Rashford; Lukaku. Substitutes: Romero, Lindelof, Darmian, McTominay, Pogba, Mata, Martial.

Sevilla: Sergio Rico; Mercado, Kjaer, Lenglet, Escudero (c); N'Zonzi, Banega; Sarabia, Vazquez, Correa; Luis Muriel. Substitutes: Soria (GK), Arana, Geis, Pareja, Pizarro, Nolito, Ben Yedder.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I am enjoying watching Sevilla .. game could go either way based on 1st half. was watching channel 3 half time analysis and there goes the anchor with his BS unneeded information... montella .. mardi az keshvareh chakmeh... khaak to saretoon

I'll buy everyone lunch if JM is out of CL.

Last edited: