Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Feb 22, 2005
This is what happens when you just take great players you can buy paying most expensive for them and then throw them in hoping you can win.

Guardiola on the other hand knows his style and goes after players that can play that and knows exactly who he wants. He goes after players like La porta, Sane, etc and looks to himself to train them to become the best. And every players under him becomes far better.

A disgraceful display by Manchester United today disgracing the Premiere league.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^JM says club not spending enuff after the game and ... walked away insulting the institution and fans after the game by saying having been there when Man U lost to both Porto and Real. " His football no longer delivers the biggest trophies and his public comments are now more spiteful than sparkling. But when you antagonise supporters, both with your style of football and reaction to a defeat, then it is a slippery slope for any manager to be on."

Few leaders survive when they become so out of touch.

Sanchez lost ball 65 times, am thinking he gets a break next game.

Sanchez was dispossessed 64 times during Man Utd's 2-1 defeat to Sevilla, setting a new #UCL record previously held by himself in the first leg.

"I Sink Wenger iz a genius. He gave me a twin of Alexis Sanchez, because zis guy who iz number 7 for Manchester United, he iz not da Alexis Sanchez I have seen on ze TV." - Jose Mourinho LMFAO!!!!!! hillarious.

"Arsenal was a toxic atmosphere. Yes, people say it was toxic because of me, but that's not my problem any more. If it's toxic because of me then also Manchester will be a toxic place, yes? So we will see." - Alexis Sanchez in interview with Thierry Henry.

Last edited:
Special Day for Sevilla and Montella but more special for Ben Yedder . Comes in at 72" and 6 min later Manu sank with his brace @ OT. More painful for ManU fans and Jose that if this was not the weakest but it was one of the weakest Sevilla in the last decade . and not only that , Montella took over this team only 72 days ago and they have also made it to the Copa Del Rey final .
Sevilla still owns it to Monchi. As they say a good football club starts with a good sports director. Even-thou he left to Roma last year but this is the result of his brilliant job at Sevilla. Although His Roma made it to the QF as well. the guy is pure gold.

I still don't know why England and Italy should get 4 direct spot to CL

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I still don't know why England and Italy should get 4 direct spot to CL
Italy has 2 team, Spain 2 and EPL 2, Germany 1 ... IF Tomorrow Barca wins (which 90% the should) La Liga has only 1 extra team than other 2 league, I dont think its that bad ! I find it interesting you don't have problem with GERMANY getting 4 !!! (Considering their league is only 18 teams and 4 make it to CL and they only have "1" team in last 8 ! )

As I said, this Sevilla is so weak and pathetic, Man U's loss can only be described as hilarious. Man U was not playing a high quality top-side from Spain. They were playing a beat-down version of a team that was already a level below them! This is what parking the bus gets you in Champions Leauge these days, and I'm glad that's the case. I hate cowards.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Mourinho’s football is over. If you can’t beat a team as bad as Sevilla at home, then you might as well call it a day and retire China or MLS. This is pathetic. Unlike other coaches, Mourinho does not practice attack moves and patterns with his team but asks them to improvise. Works great if you have seasoned vets or guys like Sneijder, Eto’o and such, but once you have young guys growing up with different football like Pogba, Hazard or Martial, this is what you get.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I cursed Morinho when he left Inter .... that is what happens ... no more parking the bus :D

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
He is pure class and he has been since his Ajax days, I always thought he was a special player and I was surprised it took him few years before joining a top team and that is not really the top top team. Barca has lost on Pijanic and Gundogan and never thought about Eriksen is shocking, they would fit perfectly with Barca system.
I have not remembered Juve getting dominated this much in the last several years, not even last year final, and still win the game. Eriksen and Dembele completely dominated the midfield in both legs, it was only Allegri brilliant subs that change the game and thanks to bad defending we pulled it out, I can't believe it!
BTW I have read the book, it was amazing, sorry if I lost contact and didn't thank you earlier. I greatly appreciated!
Max is absolute Boss. He gives Juve so many variations to play. Juve is the one team no one surely wants to play.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Are the talks about Griezmann serious? That would probably top all jokes if it happens.

Barca going for players like Eriksen, De Bruyne or Sane would be a no-brainer but they seem to have even less than no brain. Wish they would at least get Di Maria. Still no replacement for Busquets. I can't believe how lucky we've been with neither Messi or Busquets getting injured.
Griezmann especially is rubbish when he has no space on the left.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I love him!!! Imagine going out in a CL 2nd round and this is what the guy answers:

“I know this has happened at Manchester United before because I have sat in this chair as manager of Porto and of Real Madrid. I don’t think it is something new for this club.”
Houman must be loving it to have this great leader of men and coach running ManUnited and not say Guardiola or Klopp. LOL

He goes out and does a reedemoon on the club, the fans and everyone else by reminding them that he knocked them out twice. Both times with dubious referee help. hahahahaha!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Despite Buffon playing for my rivals, the truth is that I have always been a big fan of him. In my book he is one of the best keepers in the history.

BUT, I have to say I agree with BTs view of De Gea. I have never in my life seen any keeper play at the level De Gea has been playing, for several seasons in a row. It is for me unmatched by any keeper I have seen before.

However, Is he better than Buffon? Is he the best keeper in history? Those are questions that can not be answered for a keeper that is only 27 and is expected to have many good years left. If he manages to keep this GOD-LIKELY form for 6-7 more years then yes for me he is the best in the history. If not, then at the end of his career it will be difficult to look back and say if he was better or buffon (or many other keepers).
I respect your opinion but it is still very hard to compare him to Buffon. De Gea at the beginning was not very good in dealing with crosses and this is something he has developed over the time, on the other hand, Buffon at the age of 17 was the complete goalkeeper without any flaws. Buffon is stronger and dominates the air much better and he has much better leadership traits than the Spaniard. One of the most underrated qualities of Buffon is his ability to communicate with his defense and organize them, the fact that great defense has always been in front of him is just not the coincidence. I can go back at the very beginning and the discussion of the best GK has always been between Buffon and someone else and now is De Gea which doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
@byebyenow Neuer kind of suffered some freak injuries but he should be just fine when he comes back.

We discussed Buffon from 17-35 he consistently played at a high level. The German is going to be just fine Neuer is going to bounce right back, they didn't rush it.

As for De Gea well he is the youngest at 27, Neuer is 31 still young for a GK and Buffon is at the home stretch of his career. Buffon's career is still not over though.

Neuer will win some more CL's and he will have a couple of more cracks at winning another WC.
Neuer is an outstanding GK with very strong hands, he was essential in helping Germany win that WC but Buffon was more important for Italy in winning their WC in my opinion.

I love him!!! Imagine going out in a CL 2nd round and this is what the guy answers:

Houman must be loving it to have this great leader of men and coach running ManUnited and not say Guardiola or Klopp. LOL

He goes out and does a reedemoon on the club, the fans and everyone else by reminding them that he knocked them out twice. Both times with dubious referee help. hahahahaha!
That has to be his worst ever. I don't think any other manager has said anything like that in the past. I was like WTF?!!! Man U fans are a bunch of nice people! If he said shit like that anywhere in Spain or Italy he would be a dead man!

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Stupid line up today. WTF Fellani?? no Mata!!! are we going to defend again for the whole game.
I did predicted this when I saw the lineup yesterday!!! who in the right mind would change the team that won against Liverpool few days ago.
I think regardless of what happens at the end of the season, Jose will be let go, United fans are already turning away from him and his comments last night after the game was just shameful!!

Btw I am always here defending/criticizing my team in the bad day and good days. I don't run away like some of our pussy members here!!! When the team loses they only show up and comment!!! GTFO!!!