Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Real Madrid star Toni Kroos is worried Jurgen Klopp will have Liverpool playing ‘like 11 animals’ to win the Champions League on Saturday night.

The German said: “We’re expecting an aggressive Liverpool who have a really quick forward line, but we can stop them. It will be tough.

“That is what I expect on Saturday. His teams are always aggressive, they press you a lot — for 90 minutes.

“They are highly motivated. I expect a very tough game. They will be 11 animals, all up for it.

“We might be better on the ball but they’re going to put us under pressure for 90 minutes and will be at 100% or even more.”

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Not sure who wins it but I expect lots of goals in one of the most entertaining final of the season and it sucks as I'll be on the board of my plane back home when it happens .....
It’s going to be a difficult game. Madrid can win this easily and at the same time can make thing very difficult for themselves as they have done many times.
If madrid players take this game seriously (which means every players starts defending when ball is lost) then Marid would win. If they start with their koon-gooshadi style then they can lose to anyone even the likes of taraktorsazi.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Let's go Liverpool - I am exceptionally nervous, but more so due to our last few defensive performances and the young players that don't have the experience at this stage. Fingers crossed for the best performance from back 4 🤞. I have much respect for Zidane and crew; I expect a great game.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
let's look at matchups

goalkeeper: LOL ok, Madrid
Defense of Liverpool vs. Attack of Madrid -> Madrid. Can get behind their defense easily. Especially wingbacks are left exposed.
Midfield vs. Midfield: Madrid has the best midfield in the world
Attack Liverpool vs. Defense Madrid -> Advantage Liverpool but Ramos and Varane are cunning defenders who have seen everything, including guys like Salah, by the dozen.

Bench: LOL never mind. Madrid.

How on earth is Liverpool supposed to win? This will be similar to the final last year.
There is no comparison, Liverpool making it this far is already a good accomplishment. Even the Juve of last year was more of a balanced team than Liverpool. Liverpool is a goal scoring machine but if Zizu gets his tactics right which he usually does in Cl it would be difficult for Liverpool to use the space behind defense line unless they do a crazy amount of high pressing which it makes themselves exposed to Madrid counterattack and they are dangerous that way. I said that before after Juve game the luck is on Madrid's shoulder to win three in the row. I usually don't support Liverpool for a very good reason but this year I hope they pull an upset.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There is no comparison, Liverpool making it this far is already a good accomplishment. Even the Juve of last year was more of a balanced team than Liverpool. Liverpool is a goal scoring machine but if Zizu gets his tactics right which he usually does in Cl it would be difficult for Liverpool to use the space behind defense line unless they do a crazy amount of high pressing which it makes themselves exposed to Madrid counterattack and they are dangerous that way. I said that before after Juve game the luck is on Madrid's shoulder to win three in the row. I usually don't support Liverpool for a very good reason but this year I hope they pull an upset.
It should be Roma playing in the final not liverpool. Watch the highlights again. Two obvious penalties were not called. First one is called offside by mistake where it would have been a penalty and a possible red card for liverpool’s Keeper and the other an obvious penalty. I think Roma would have had a good chance of giving Madrid a hard time.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
fuckin madar jendeh ramos.. hope Liverpool wisen up and play dirty ..once he hit the ground I knew he's out. could have broken forearm with that dirty act. Ramos deserved to be harmed off-field.

NOt sure what the appeal with Lalana is, never like him.

Last edited: