Christian Vieri...

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Atalanta striker Christian Vieri talked about the spectuacular strike against Siena and what he plans to do with his future.

Christian Vieri scored his first Serie A goal since 18 months and talked about a possible move to Fiorentina.

The striker was on the sidelines for over a year after suffering a serious knee injury, but came on as a substitute in today’s 3-1 win over Siena and scored a stunner for his debut goal at Atalanta.

“It is a goal dedicated to everyone, especially for Atalanta, as they believed in me. I am ready to get back to the top level of football,” said Bobo.

In the 20th second-half minute he swung round for a fantastic half-volley from 40 metres that dipped mercilessly under the bar to make it 2-1 for Atalanta.

He had not scored in Serie A since a goal for Milan against Empoli on October 26, 2005, and today's goal makes it 133 in his career.

“I saw the goalkeeper off his line, the ball bounced kindly for my left foot and so I gave it a go. Thankfully it went in.”, the burly striker said.

Vieri is working towards full fitness and hopes to be in good shape particularly for the game against old club Inter on May 20. There is a lot of bad blood between them, as he is suing the Nerazzurri for having people monitor his private life and tap his phone calls.

“After the second operation I started to feel better,” he said. “Then two and a half months later I started running and had to wait another four months to be fit to play. The worst is over now, I just need to find my match fitness.”

However the minimum wage deal with Atalanta could be only a temporary solution, as Vieri has hinted he intends to move on to bigger things next summer.

“I am very grateful to Atalanta. It’s not easy to walk away, so I will talk to the President and we’ll see what is to be done. Fiorentina? Well, I do live 10km from Florence…”, he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=297378

here is the goal...
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/Bobo%2BVieri/video/x1wsts_vieri-vs-sienne