Clinton Uses A. Gulf -- Take Action

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Just got this in the mail.

There's a pre-made email at NIAC to be sent to Clinto and company. Just add your name and email address.

Let's make sure this period passes without allowing the foregin powers -- whom we know not to care about Iran -- and the Republic of the Pigs -- whom we know to be sworn enemies of anything Iranian -- to change historical, culturally sensitive names.

#cg_msg_content p {color:#000000;font-size:100%;text-decoration:none;font-family:arial, sans-serif;}#cg_msg_content a:link,#cg_msg_content a:visited,#cg_msg_content a:hover,#cg_msg_content a:active {color:#003c65;font-size:100%;text-decoration:none;}#cg_msg_content a:hover {color:#DA600C;}#cg_msg_content h4 {font-size:14px;color:#da600c;font-family:arial, sans-serif;}#cg_msg_content h6 {font-size:17px;border-bottom:1px solid #CBCBCB;margin:.5em 0 .5em 0;font-family:arial, sans-serif;}#cg_msg_content td.border {border-right:2px solid #E0E0E0;}#cg_msg_content a.AlertList {padding-top:14px;}#cg_msg_content a.NewsHeadlineList {font-size:14px;text-decoration:none;padding-top:20px;font-family:arial, sans-serif;}#cg_msg_content a.NewsHeadlineList:hover {font-size:14px;text-decoration:none;padding-top:20px;color:#DA600C;font-family:arial, sans-serif;}
October 26, 2010

Tell Secretary Clinton: Referring to Persian Gulf as “Arabian Gulf” Only Fuels Ethnic Tensions

Playing with ethnic tensions is not a strategy for stability in the Middle East.
But last week, the State Department broke longstanding protocol and used the politically and ethnically charged term “Arabian Gulf” instead of “Persian Gulf”.
The term was used in prepared remarks announcing a $60 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia intended to "stabilize the region."
But such an inaccurate, ethnically divisive term will only fuel regional tensions and increase instability.
Tell Secretary Clinton that the Persian Gulf is not the “Arabian Gulf” and playing with ethnic tensions is not a strategy for stability.
Take Action >>

Fueling Ethnic Tensions in the Persian Gulf is Not a Strategy for Middle East Stability

By Jamal Abdi, NIAC Policy Director
The Huffington Post

Washington risks entering into a game of escalating provocations with Tehran even as continuing efforts to restart talks in November are underway. Iran's announcement that the two US hikers being held Evin prison will now face trial just ahead of the talks is no coincidence. The move is particularly shameful considering that these US citizens have been held for over a year without formal charges and recently leaked military reports support the hiker's assertion that they were captured in Iraq - not in Iran. Meanwhile, last week's announcement of the largest US arms deal in history, a $60 billion deal with Saudi Arabia that includes advanced aircraft and bunker busting bombs, was clearly aimed at Tehran.
But while the package was branded as an effort to "enhance regional stability" by reassuring Persian Gulf states of the United States' commitment to their security, the State Department broke its own longstanding protocol and used provocative, ethnically divisive language when announcing the deal.
Instead of using the historically accepted term - and observing State Department protocol - "Persian Gulf", Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs Andrew Shapiro referred to the "Arabian Gulf", a politically charged phrase with a relatively recent but insidious history.
Read More >>

U.S. Department of State Hosts NIAC President Dr. Trita Parsi in Saudi Arabia
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Dr. Parsi was invited to speak and share his expertise on U.S.-Iranian relations and Iranian politics during the first week of October at several events in Riyadh, Dharan and Jeddah.
Sanctions Pull Rug From Under Iran (Mianeh)
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Journalist Jason Rezaian reports on the effects of new US sanctions on Persian carpets and discusses the reinstated ban with NIAC's Policy Director.
NGOs quietly press for access to Iran (Christian Science Monitor)
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Despite intensified sanctions on Iran, US-based nongovernmental organizations are trying to prove that they should be allowed to work in the

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
WTH? idiot..

thanx for the notice and links PN jan. Although those living in U.S could fill that form, googled and found a U.S zip code to submit it from Canada!;)

shame on anyone who refers to it anything but Persian Gulf.

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
Aryo jon,

damet garm!

I don't think it makes a difference. I mean, if you live in the States, obviously your demand carries a bit more weight as, well, Clinton and his boss need our votes. But, still, knowing that Iranians are united about this cause across the US-Canadian border would cause morons who use this term to think twice the next time and, hopefully, take it back this time.

Nilou jon, we need to show solidarity across the borders. Damet garm!

Chakeram!

Feb 7, 2009
Aryo jon,

damet garm!

I don't think it makes a difference. I mean, if you live in the States, obviously your demand carries a bit more weight as, well, Clinton and his boss need our votes. But, still, knowing that Iranians are united about this cause across the US-Canadian border would cause morons who use this term to think twice the next time and, hopefully, take it back this time.

Nilou jon, we need to show solidarity across the borders. Damet garm!

Chakeram!
I am going to do what Nilou Khanoom did, thanks for forwarding this.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Done.

This trend always frightened to see it becoming a "norm", unfortunately it seems it is not too far away from that stage.
yeah it is scary Motori jan. ie, I saw the Editor I work with, has put that wrong name, in his article about Qatar stadiums for Asian Cup. so I emailed him with historical background info and asked him to change it. he said, he didnt know that and that word was used in "Qatar press release" but he promised to use the right word next time. Each of us can make a difference.

btw guys, at the end of the form, u can also put down the email address of ur friends/families so NIAC emails this action link to them too. plz forward it to ur friends-families or share it in social media too.:)

Pahlevoon Nayeb

National Team Player
Oct 17, 2002
Poshteh Kooh
P.N jAn,
Is there any way we can view the number of participants in this canpaign?

Motori jon,

As this is being coordinated through NIAC, I searched their site to see if there was such a list. But, I couldn't find one, and I think that kind of makes sense, given the draconian nature of the Republic of Pigs and how Iranians are afraid to have their information spied on.

I'm sure you have seen this, but this is the page where one can just put in his/her name and send the letter to Hillary Clinton.

Edit: I just realized one can get to the actual page by just clicking the original link. Sorry! Deleted the copy/paste of the page.

Jul 28, 2007
Hilton branches of hotels "all over the world" also have been using A. Gulf for the past few years.
talked with the shift managers to change it but they claimed it's coming from Head Office. :(