Copa América 2019 | June 14 to July 7

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
so Messi was no show again today?
The more I watch Messi OUTSIDE Barcelona, the more I realize he truly is not much of a player without all those around him at Barcelona and I cant help to wonder why people say "It's all about Messi" at Barcelona yet the guy can NOT score a "SINGLE" goal from open play in this tournament! doesnt this show he needs Barcelona as much as Barcelona needs him?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
The more I watch Messi OUTSIDE Barcelona, the more I realize he truly is not much of a player without all those around him at Barcelona and I cant help to wonder why people say "It's all about Messi" at Barcelona yet the guy can NOT score a "SINGLE" goal from open play in this tournament! doesnt this show he needs Barcelona as much as Barcelona needs him?
I think it just shows how bad this Argentina squad is.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Messi is a one club player similar to Pele who played most of his club career in brazil for Santos FC , I call them two “safe players” that’s not the case with risk takers like Maradona and C.Ronaldo winning trophies in different leagues and achieving major success at International level. As for Pele I wouldn't even include him in my top 20 players of all time.

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Messi should have left Barca and La Liga long time ago. While staying in the same club has its advantages, but it also could prevent some players from reaching their true potential. Messi's entire adulthood career has been with one team and you cannot be a complete player if you don't step out of your comfort zone and try something different.