Copa America Centenario, USA 2016

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
10 Latin American and 6 CONCACAF national teams compete from June 3 to 26.
I hope I can See Messi and Co. with Argentina. Last summer I purchased tickets of $500 to see Barca Vs. Manu in Santa Clara Levi's Stadium, unfortunately neither Messi nor Neymar were there.
This time I purchase 2 tickets for 4 games in the same stadium, for sure 3 matches will have Argentina, USA and Mexico on one side. I hope I can sell the 4th game to Football crazy latinos in Bay Area. I paid Almost $2000 for all 4 games in VIP section, am I crazy? I don't know.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
"The Copa America Centenario, as an official FIFA-sanctioned event, crowns the centennial champion of the world’s oldest national team tournament, and has been placed on FIFA’s international calendar, meaning stars like Argentina’s Leo Messi, Brazil’s Neymar and Colombia’s James Rodriguez are cleared to play in this summer’s event. "
Well, I guess I will see Messi after all.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am glad it all worked out for you in the end. I am not much of a Messi guy being a Bayern and Germany fan(well Germany after Iran of course) but the dude is a fantastic player so I am not going to take that away from him. I would pay to see him play if I had a chance. This should be an exciting tournament. You got Argentina, Brazil, Columbia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Uruguay and hosts USA. Of course teams like Paraguay and Ecuador might surprise people. Stay safe and have fun my friend.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I'm gonna see US VS. Colombia, Argentina VS. Chile and Uruguay VS Jamaica, I will be selling the quarter final game 1C VS 2D since I'm not home at that date. So excited about the Arg-Chile game.

Nov 24, 2002
Haiti, seriously? 6 CONCACAF teams kind of ruin the quality, i am Ok with Mexico, USA and Costa Rica, but teams like Jamaica, Haiti and Panama shouldn't be there.

Feb 4, 2005
The games will be played across USA between June 3-26 with the final being played in East Rutherford, NJ. I checked ticket prices and even for final game there are tickets available at $200 US. Not bad for a final that could be between lets say Argentina and Brazil.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The tourney kicks off on Friday .

We don't kill the momentum of Iran's match which is tomorrow with this thread but I just have to mention , as per the new rule in copa , Referee can award a penalty for a foul language . also the 4th subs allowed if the game goes to the Xtra time .
Brazilete

.With history set to be made in Friday's curtain-raiser, United States captain Michael Bradley said his team-mates are ready for a "special" Copa America Centenario.

For the first time in Copa history, the tournament will be staged outside of South America, with USA hosting the 45th edition of the showpiece event, 100 years on from its inception.

USA and 2001 champions Colombia, who make up Group A alongside Paraguay and Costa Rica, will open the Copa at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.

Jurgen Klinsmann's side come into the tournament on a run of four consecutive wins, with Gyasi Zardes and teenager Christian Pulisic - USA's youngest goalscorer - catching the eye as they lead a new wave of American talent.

And 115-cap midfielder Bradley, the second-most experienced player in the squad behind Clint Dempsey, feels USA are primed to shake things up at the Copa, which features defending champions Chile, 2014 World Cup runners-up Argentina, Brazil and 15-time winners Uruguay.

"It's a good blend of youth, of experience. I think there's good balance in the team, and I think there's big determination within the team to make this a special few weeks," Bradley said.

"We're happy with the way things went in these last two games. In terms of the spirit and the mentality of the group, it always helps, but we all understood that the second that whistle blew in Kansas City to finish the [Bolivia] game, those results meant nothing.

"Now it's about understanding that the real thing is starting and we've got to have the right mentality and the right focus and know the difference between these types of games."

Colombia, who boast a three-game winning streak, are out to spoil the party for the host nation in California.

Quarter-finalists at the Copa 12 months ago, Colombia are desperate to go deeper this time around.

Carlos Bacca will spearhead Colombia's attack in the absence of Jackson Martinez and Radamel Falcao, while the centenary tournament provides captain James Rodriguez with the opportunity to either save his Real Madrid career or improve his chances of a potential move elsewhere.

James fell out of favour at Madrid following Zinedine Zidane's appointment in January, his plight highlighted by the fact he was an unused substitute in the Champions League final victory over Atletico Madrid.

But the 24-year-old remains an integral part of Jose Pekerman's plans, after the Colombia coach insisted: "James is going to be very good. He is a fundamental player, a leader."

Brazil have some injury worries as well , they should breeze through the first stage with ease but then they might have some issues .

As of now Dunga has already lost Ricardo Oliveira, Douglas Costa, Rafinha, Ederson and Kaka to injuries, while Neymar was not included in the squad because he will be in Olympic squad .

I know Ganzo replaced kaka and gustavo from wolfsburg left the camp due to some personal matter

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Brazil have some injury worries as well , they should breeze through the first stage with ease but then they might have some issues .

As of now Dunga has already lost Ricardo Oliveira, Douglas Costa, Rafinha, Ederson and Kaka to injuries, while Neymar was not included in the squad because he will be in Olympic squad .

I know Ganzo replaced kaka and gustavo from wolfsburg left the camp due to some personal matter
No problem ... :D

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I have tickets for USA-PAR, URUGUAY-VEN, and Chilie-Panama. Twenty minutes from my office is much easier than traveling around the world to see a game or two!

Oct 18, 2010
brasil is lucky if they get out of that group.they are also not having
a marvelous time in la as their training was canceled after the shooting
at ucla yesterday.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
lucky guy , enjoy it , I got my tickets to RM vs Bayern in jersey for Aug 3rd :)
I got got that one too mate. Not very good seats though. Hopefully I see you at the venue. BTW, welcome back. If you happen to come to Phili area for the games, let me know.