Coronavirus

I've been working remotely for well over a decade and am no stranger to the concept of avoiding crowds (I don't like humans much), but even I am getting tired of this nonsense to be honest. People are depressed, bankrupt and starting to show negative habits. There's no evidence all these lock-downs and quarantines are significantly reducing the infection rate. None whatsoever.

Oct 18, 2010
NY issues do-not-resuscitate guideline for cardiac patients amid coronavirus

New York state just issued a drastic new guideline urging emergency services workers not to bother trying to revive anyone without a pulse when they get to a scene, amid an overload of coronavirus patients.

While paramedics were previously told to spend up to 20 minutes trying to revive people found in cardiac arrest, the change is “necessary during the COVID-19 response to protect the health and safety of EMS providers by limiting their exposure, conserve resources, and ensure optimal use of equipment to save the greatest number of lives,’’ according to a state Health Department memo issued last week.

First responders were outraged over the move.

“They’re not giving people a second chance to live anymore,’’ Oren Barzilay, head of the city union whose members include uniformed EMTs and paramedics, fumed of state officials.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/ny-issues-do-not-resuscitate-guideline-for-cardiac-patients/

Oct 18, 2010
iranian medical staff have done an outstanding job during covid-19 epidemic.
in particular the performance of nurses at the very front line are the reason why
iran has one of the highest recovery rates in the world.
here is how they do it.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I've been working remotely for well over a decade and am no stranger to the concept of avoiding crowds (I don't like humans much), but even I am getting tired of this nonsense to be honest. People are depressed, bankrupt and starting to show negative habits. There's no evidence all these lock-downs and quarantines are significantly reducing the infection rate. None whatsoever.
that sound depressing! so, what do you suggest?

that sound depressing! so, what do you suggest?
What sounds depressing? My lifestyle? It's wonderful.

As for what to do with the current dilemma, I think people should resume work. The elderly and the more vulnerable should definitely stay put and receive whatever support is needed, but there's no evidence suggesting the general lock-down is working.

In theory a total lock-down should work, but in practice it's impossible, so the whole thing is rendered somewhat useless. As long as people are going to Walmarts or gas stations or subways the lock-down is meaningless. It only mildly reduces the infection rate (even that is not proven)

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
What sounds depressing? My lifestyle? It's wonderful.

As for what to do with the current dilemma, I think people should resume work. The elderly and the more vulnerable should definitely stay put and receive whatever support is needed, but there's no evidence suggesting the general lock-down is working.

In theory a total lock-down should work, but in practice it's impossible, so the whole thing is rendered somewhat useless. As long as people are going to Walmarts or gas stations or subways the lock-down is meaningless. It only mildly reduces the infection rate (even that is not proven)
I was responding to your post and marked ( what you said about humans) in bold, check post #630.
Regarding if the lock down is working, it worked in Wuhan and Taiwan, obviously it was a strict lock down, but even with half ass luck down here in CA we have far less infections and deaths than the rest of US.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I was responding to your post and marked ( what you said about humans) in bold, check post #630.
Regarding if the lock down is working, it worked in Wuhan and Taiwan, obviously it was a strict lock down, but even with half ass luck down here in CA we have far less infections and deaths than the rest of US.
It worked very well in Wuhan because who said ?
Chinese government ? come on. Just Google it. At least 42k people died in China. 3k lol.

Yeah, it's far from depressing. It's liberating.
LOL @ Wuhan and Taiwan :)

You can't claim to have far less infections in CA than rest of US because of the half-ass lock-down. It's scientifically not provable because there are places with just as few or much fewer per capita infection without any mitigation measures (Sweden is the biggest one). So far, evidence suggests total lock-downs are impossible and half-ass lock-downs don't really work. Once the virus sets foot in a region, it's anyone's guess how bad the infection rate will be.

I personally believe this virus has been around much longer than these useless health studies suggest and a large percentage of Earth's population have already contracted it. I'm actually certain of that.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
london mayor taking advice from tehran mayor on how to
successfully fight covid-19 in a video conference today.

Listen you stupid moron, Sadique Khan's office released a press release denying IR media reports that Sidique khan praised IR for the way they handled the crisis.

These motherf@ckers lie at every turn for propaganda and bunch of illiterate fools like you believe them.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Yeah, it's far from depressing. It's liberating.

LOL @ Wuhan and Taiwan :)

You can't claim to have far less infections in CA than rest of US because of the half-ass lock-down. It's scientifically not provable because there are places with just as few or much fewer per capita infection without any mitigation measures (Sweden is the biggest one). So far, evidence suggests total lock-downs are impossible and half-ass lock-downs don't really work. Once the virus sets foot in a region, it's anyone's guess how bad the infection rate will be.

I personally believe this virus has been around much longer than these useless health studies suggest and a large percentage of Earth's population have already contracted it. I'm actually certain of that.
I don't agree with you that lockdown doesn't work.
First about Sweden, they are highly civilized country and as soon as one feels sick, he or she self quarantines himself or herself. Secondly we haven't seen the impact yet and based on documentary I have seen it is becoming pretty bad.
The whole purpose of lockdown is to give a breather to health care system and make the curve flat. Because from epidemiology point of view, once you reach to the peak, you could control a disease through contact tracing not otherwise.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Listen you stupid moron, Sadique Khan's office released a press release denying IR media reports that Sidique khan praised IR for the way they handled the crisis.

These motherf@ckers lie at every turn for propaganda and bunch of illiterate fools like you believe them.
My question is why he talked to them in the first place.