Coronavirus

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Russia's coronavirus infections pass 350,000: Live updates

Rising tally in Russia comes as India allows resumption of domestic flights and US bans all air travel from Brazil.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
پس از دو ماه، آمار رسمی کرونا در ایران به بالای ۳ هزار مبتلا در روز بازگشت

سخنگوی وزارت بهداشت از شناسایی سه هزار و ۱۱۷ بیمار جدید بیمار جدید مبتلا به کرونا در ۲۴ ساعت گذشته خبر داد.

در جریان شیوع کرونا در ایران از روز ۱۲ فروردین امسال به بعد، تعداد مبتلایان جدید شناسایی شده به زیر ۳ هزار نفر رسیده بود و این نخستین بار است که پس از شصت روز دوباره آمار مبتلایان جدید به بیش از ۳ هزار نفر در روز می‌رسد.

کیانوش جهان‌پور که روز سه‌شنبه ۱۳ خرداد آمار روزانه ابتلا به کرونا را اعلام می‌کرد، با اعلام اینکه در ۲۴ ساعت گذشته ۶۴ بیمار دیگر مبتلا به کرونا جان باخته‌اند، گفت: «استان‌های هرمزگان، آذربایجان غربی، اصفهان، کردستان، کرمانشاه و بوشهر در وضعیت هشدار قرار دارند».

بدین ترتیب طبق آمارهای رسمی وزارت بهداشت تاکنون در کل کشور، ۱۵۷ هزار و ۵۶۲ نفر به ویروس کرونا مبتلا شده و ۷۹۴۲ نفر قربانی شده‌اند.

آقای جهان‌پور همچنین گفته است که تاکنون ۱۲۳ هزار و ۷۷ نفر از بیماران، بهبود یافته یا از بیمارستان‌ها ترخیص شده‌اند و ۲۵۶۵ نفر از بیماران در وضعیت شدید این بیماری تحت مراقبت قرار دارند.

آمار وزارت بهداشت درباره وضعیت کرونا در ایران در حالی منتشر می‌شود که پیش از این برخی از نمایندگان مجلس و اعضای شورای شهر وزارت بهداشت را به پنهانکاری درباره آمار جان‌باختگان و مبتلایان به کرونا متهم کرده‌اند.

مرکز پژوهش‌های مجلس نیز پیش از این در گزارشی تعداد جان‌باختگان را دو برابر و تعداد مبتلایان را ۸ تا ۱۰برابر آمار وزارت بهداشت برآورد کرد.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
LOOOOOL

Governments and WHO changed Covid-19 policy based on suspect data from tiny US company

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine

Surgisphere, whose employees appear to include a sci-fi writer and adult content model, provided database behind Lancet and New England Journal of Medicine hydroxychloroquine studies

The World Health Organization and a number of national governments have changed their Covid-19 policies and treatments on the basis of flawed data from a little-known US healthcare analytics company, also calling into question the integrity of key studies published in some of the world’s most prestigious medical journals.

A Guardian investigation can reveal the US-based company Surgisphere, whose handful of employees appear to include a science fiction writer and an adult-content model, has provided data for multiple studies on Covid-19 co-authored by its chief executive, but has so far failed to adequately explain its data or methodology.

Data it claims to have legitimately obtained from more than a thousand hospitals worldwide formed the basis of scientific articles that have led to changes in Covid-19 treatment policies in Latin American countries. It was also behind a decision by the WHO and research institutes around the world to halt trials of the controversial drug hydroxychloroquine.

Two of the world’s leading medical journals – the Lancet and the New England Journal of Medicine – published studies based on Surgisphere data. The studies were co-authored by the firm’s chief executive, Sapan Desai.

Late on Tuesday, after being approached by the Guardian, the Lancet released an “expression of concern” about its published study. The New England Journal of Medicine has also issued a similar notice.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
IMG_20200603_133419_444.jpg

اظهارات "محمد مهفود" وزیر امنیت اندونزی که ویروس کرونا را با زنان مقایسه کرده بود، برایش دردسرساز شد
وزیر امنیت اندونزی در اظهارنظری گفته بود: کرونا مثل زن انسان است، ابتدا سعی می‌کنید که او را کنترل کنید اما پس از مدتی می‌فهمید که چنین کاری ممکن نیست و یاد می گیرید که با رفتارهای او کنار بیایید و به زندگی ادامه دهید
بنده خدا نیتش خیره ، فقط فن بیانش یکم ایراد داره

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
WHO: Data suggests it's "very rare" for coronavirus to spread through asymptomatics

Contact tracing data from around the globe suggests that while there are instances of asymptomatic coronavirus patients transmitting the virus to others, they are not "a main driver" of new infections, World Health Organization officials said at a press conference Monday.

Why it matters: Evidence early on suggested that person-to-person transmission among people who didn't experience symptoms could lead to outbreaks that would be difficult to control. Young people and healthy people who did not experience symptoms were also suspected to be potential carriers to more vulnerable populations.

The big picture: The WHO is now relying on data obtained through contact tracing, said Maria Van Kerkhove, head of the emerging diseases and zoonosis unit.

• “We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing. They’re following asymptomatic cases. They’re following contacts. And they’re not finding secondary transmission onward. It’s very rare."
  • In the press conference Monday, Kerkhove said there are fewer asymptomatic patients than previously thought.
  • "f you actually go back and say how many of them are truly asymptomatic, we find out that many have really mild disease, very mild disease, they’re not quote unquote COVID symptoms, meaning they may not have developed fever yet."

Between the lines: Don't treat these statements as a permission to treat a lack of symptoms as a "get out of social distancing" free card.

• Infected people can be contagious well before experiencing symptoms.
  • "Some modeling studies suggest 40-60% of spread is from people when they didn’t have symptoms," tweeted Ashish Jha, incoming dean at the Brown School of Public Health.
  • Singapore's coronavirus task force also said Monday that it believes half of the country's new COVID-19 cases are asymptomatic based on testing data, Reuters reports.
Van Kerkhove later tweeted a statement that cited a June summary by the WHO on symptomatic, pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic transmission:

"Comprehensive studies on transmission from asymptomatic individuals are difficult to conduct, but the available evidence from contact tracing reported by Member States suggests that asymptomatically-infected individuals are much less likely to transmit the virus than those who develop symptoms."​
The bottom line: These statements are a reminder of just how little we understand about this virus

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The most interesting thing about the whole situation is that how companies have adapted with the situation. In fact, at this stage, we are working very efficiently at home ( I go to work but nobody is in the building of 25 floors).
The workplace will change completely after COVID-19 in my opinion.
How has this affected you ? Do you guys think that working from home (at least few days a week) will make your work and overall more efficient or not ?

How has this affected you ? Do you guys think that working from home (at least few days a week) will make your work and overall more efficient or not ?
I have worked from home for a decade now. It's a long story how it happened, but at that time there wasn't many remote workers in our company.

At first I was more efficient because, well, I was working at home and feeling like a total winner!

Then came the period of feeling isolated from coworkers. I started getting anxious. All sorts of questions would come to mind. How was my work being perceived? How was my absence being taken advantage of? What are people in the office saying? Does anyone care?

It took a few years for those feelings to go away.

For people with anxiety and mild depression (that used to be me), working from home is not really a good idea. It really helps your brain fuck with you.

Once I took care of the mental health aspect, working from home became a fairly routine and sometimes (not always) rewarding perk. It helped me do things that I would never do if I had to show up to an office everyday. It helped me gain a lot of knowledge into things completely unrelated to my work through in-depth reading/research because of lack of distractions and presence of other humans. It also cost me quite a few friendships, because, well, who wants to leave a chair and drive somewhere just to shoot the shit with someone?!! LOL

I think offices have been the most overrated aspect of IT for a long time now. They're not needed. Ever. Even video-conferencing is not exactly a must for things to move efficiently. I rarely use my web-cam. The less interaction I have with others, the more productive I seem to be. But that's just my field. Others are probably different.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The most interesting thing about the whole situation is that how companies have adapted with the situation. In fact, at this stage, we are working very efficiently at home ( I go to work but nobody is in the building of 25 floors).
I am personally more productive because I get interruped far fewer times by my boss (mostly).

I used to work from home at least 2 days a week to stay away from people and actually get work done. but during those 2 days if i ever had to have a meeting.
people would either fail to dial in. or they would insist on using white board in the office rather virtual and so forth.

but frankly before covid I was working 4 days a week form home because so many people were sneezing at work and I just got a head ache after 2 hours.

also the new so called open seating is terrible. there is just so much noise. and I can't focus where I am at.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I go to the office but am the only one there. I lock the doors and have no personal contact. All business is done through the net and fax and phone and snail mail. If somebody needs to drop off something they drop it through the slot. I have a hard time controlling and managing my employees as they work at home and work odd hours (3:00 AM emails to clients). Our line of work is super busy so I can't be cracking the whip ( a lot of demand for processors and underwriters). One thing that will go to shit is office buildings. They will have to be turned in to residential buildings which will in itself put pressure on the real estate market.