Coronavirus

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
China admits its vaccines aren't very good

BEIJING — In a rare admission of the weakness of Chinese coronavirus vaccines, the country’s top disease control official says their effectiveness is low and the government is considering mixing them to get a boost.

Chinese vaccines “don’t have very high protection rates,” said the director of the China Centers for Disease Control, Gao Fu, at a conference Saturday in the southwestern city of Chengdu

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/11/china-covid-vaccines-480802

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter At least they are being honest, more then i can say for the Russians. Russians be like,” Privet kak dila hello how are you no problems here, everything is going smoothly, like clock work.” Followed by,” trust us, our stats come from a reliable source, the Kremlin, if you can’t trust the Kremlin, then who can you trust.”

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Any reports on the success rate? Again Iran equals Russia, don’t trust any stats comimg from those countries but this is good news. I am sure because of the sanctions, Iranian authorities will havw a hard time getting an American Phizer Moderna or a European AZ. Nice to see they are taking matters into their own hands and not depending on the world.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter I have my dads friends who are at JPl and Nasa, many prominent Irooni scientists, with a household name, for example Dr Naderi, approves of NASA’s better to be safe than sorry; work at home policy. Side note after Dr. Naderi came back from the Vatican; after meeting the Pope of the R.C.C he said,” from now on, you can refer to me as your excellency or holiness.” Me mockingly dojnf the cross and saying in Latin,@ In momine Padrw, y Philipi l, i. Spritus sancti, amen.” To his credit he laughed, the man has a funny sense of humor( and he humble which is more than can say for some of you non accomplished, Derevnia(Russian for Dahar) prima donna Mr. No fun allowed), for a scientist that is.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Besides getting the vacunation; i sugfest wash your hands wirh warm water and soap, doe 30 seconds. Since nobody asked , i am doing well, i was sore on Saturday, day two. I got a notification that they were doing vaccinations in North Las Vegas and I have a few army buddies who are medicS.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter At least they are being honest, more then i can say for the Russians. Russians be like,” Privet kak dila hello how are you no problems here, everything is going smoothly, like clock work.” Followed by,” trust us, our stats come from a reliable source, the Kremlin, if you can’t trust the Kremlin, then who can you trust.”
They are not honest, it is been used in many countries and the reports are coming out so they were forced to declare it.
Russia has more experience in Vaccine and they are actually OK at it. Of course, Moderna and Pfizer vaccine are brand new technology.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
After a year of being careful and following all safety protocols I became careless and caught covid 2 weeks ago. I got infected right before or after I got my first dose of the Maderna vaccine. This virus is no joke, it kicked my ass and i am finally beginning to feel normal again. I still have zero taste and smell and I lost about 10 pounds.

Jan 26, 2006
After a year of being careful and following all safety protocols I became careless and caught covid 2 weeks ago. I got infected right before or after I got my first dose of the Maderna vaccine. This virus is no joke, it kicked my ass and i am finally beginning to feel normal again. I still have zero taste and smell and I lost about 10 pounds.
Hope you're better now dude

But LOL don't tell the guys on the other site who think it's a hoax, or the brexity alt-right fuknuts on this site who "haven't met anyone who got sick?!?! ".

I got it last March and was really sick for 5 weeks and needed oxygen in hospital for a few days - i'm a healthcare worker though and got it at a time when we were told not to wear facemasks. Otherwise really healthy, fit active guy.

Pretty nuts that people are calling it no joke over a year after I could definitely vouch that it is indeed no joke...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Glad you overcame the disease . The virus is very unpredictable and acts very differently in different scenarios

Feb 4, 2005
Glad you are ok now. Few people I know also had really tough time after catching the virus. It is no joke.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
CDC and FDA recommend US pause use of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine over blood clot concerns

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Hope you're better now dude

But LOL don't tell the guys on the other site who think it's a hoax, or the brexity alt-right fuknuts on this site who "haven't met anyone who got sick?!?! ".

I got it last March and was really sick for 5 weeks and needed oxygen in hospital for a few days - i'm a healthcare worker though and got it at a time when we were told not to wear facemasks. Otherwise really healthy, fit active guy.

Pretty nuts that people are calling it no joke over a year after I could definitely vouch that it is indeed no joke...
Some people love conspiracy theories but it's pretty hard to call this virus a hoax when so many have died or have been hospitalized.

I am glad you are okay, 5 weeks is a long time to deal with this virus. I had a 2-3 day period where it got kind of scary. I was coughing up blood and my oxygen level was getting low. I just re-tested today and it came back as negative but I still have a lingering headache. I consider myself a healthy active guy. I was working out 5 days a week, running 4 miles but this virus still kicked my ass.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Some people love conspiracy theories but it's pretty hard to call this virus a hoax when so many have died or have been hospitalized.

I am glad you are okay, 5 weeks is a long time to deal with this virus. I had a 2-3 day period where it got kind of scary. I was coughing up blood and my oxygen level was getting low. I just re-tested today and it came back as negative but I still have a lingering headache. I consider myself a healthy active guy. I was working out 5 days a week, running 4 miles but this virus still kicked my ass.
You should do a full checkup after you fully recover specially your lungs.