behbahan
آق قلا. تركمن صحرا گلستان مازندران لرستان شيراز
و بزودى آذربايجان كردستان إيلام كهگلويه
إيران شده بنگلادش
مهدى بيا مهدى بيا

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
من نمیفهمم, مگه سرزمین امام زمان نیست؟ پس این مرتیکه کجاست به چه درد میخوره ؟ هرچی بلا و بدبختی, و سیل و زلزله و فلاکته که تو همین مملکته. بلاد کفر تو اروپا تو ناز و نعمت و سرسبزی زندگی میکنن , اونوقت امت امام زمان باید اینجوری بکشن.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I have no idea how so little rain can cause so much damage. We've seen crazy floods in south-Asia where it truly devastates some of the poorest communities on Earth, but that amount of rain usually comes during monsoon season and is simply massive compared to these small sudden rains in Iran.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
the infrastructure in any region is optimized for the median climate.

in Wyoming the asphalt used is not as durable under heat as the one in Arizona which remains intact at 125 Fahrenheit.

in denver they have tons of salt trucks and snow plows for taking of streets and proper de-icing machines for planes.
Where in LA none of that is the case.

if somebody has been to shiraz.

basically Shiraz is located in a valley. from Darvazeh Ghoran all the way to Takhteh jamshid (Marvdashit) is an uphill climb. (there used be bears in those little mountains)

There is no way but for the rain to flow into Shiraz.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
if somebody has been to shiraz.

basically Shiraz is located in a valley. from Darvazeh Ghoran all the way to Takhteh jamshid (Marvdashit) is an uphill climb. (there used be bears in those little mountains)

There is no way but for the rain to flow into Shiraz.
Been to Shiraz many many times and I know exactly how the water flows. In fact I witnessed a mini-flood very similar (much smaller) to this one when I was in Shiraz for Norooz holidays as a kid(amazing how things stay the same).

The infrastructure is clearly not optimized for median weather. This amount of rain is very normal for Shiraz and could easily be surpassed in just a few days from now. How the fuck can an entire city be so oblivious to its own situation? As I said, these floods were happening when I was a kid at the exact same time of the year. How is it possible for millions of people to just sit around and do nothing about it for decades in the 21st century?!! There is nothing sad or unexpected about this. Nothing.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This amount of rain is very normal for Shiraz and could easily be surpassed in just a few days from now. How the fuck can an entire city be so oblivious to its own situation? As I said, these floods were happening when I was a kid at the exact same time of the year. How is it possible for millions of people to just sit around and do nothing about it for decades in the 21st century?!! There is nothing sad or unexpected about this. Nothing.

as far i can remember the last time rood khoshk flooded was back in 1380s.
so far 17 people have been pronounced dead.

does a city in iran's with a bunch of shortcited people want to really dig extra canals to let the water pass through the city.

I think the answer is only if more suffering comes more often.

rahim

Elite Member
Oct 23, 2003
behbahan
Perhaps is because environmental studies are not done or not taken seriously?
Or in case of Turkmen Sahara,ruthless uprooting of forest trees for the sake of wood industries and no mitigation for replacement?