Daei had a good game because

Oct 18, 2002
He ran a lot. he helped the midfield and defense sometimes.

He failed as a scorer and he even did not shot any balls to the goal

however, a player like Daei needs someone that gives him the ball in front of his foot and that failed so many times by Vahid, Kia and Karimi.

And when the pass was given it was not close by at all. He is not a technical skilled person. We know that. We should not apply other prof. playing style to Daei because he did not grow up as other did.

Finally we have to say that comparing others Daei was actually better. Dont want to bring other name into it, but it is a shame that players who are pretty younger absoultely failed the whole time. Especially those who always complained that we cannot leave our club ....

the only shame about Daei was his comment after the game when he said that the ball wasnt good. This is a terrible statement after the game.

My last point this game was just too terrible for someone who grow up with another football style. I cannot imagine to see this team playing decent football in WC.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Interesting, what did Daei explicitly say about the ball?
I dont want to sound funny but after the first minutes of the game I noticed that the ball seems to be move slower/heavier than usual. So Daeis comment somehow adds to my argument.
Maybe it was just the pitch which was terrible though.

Oct 18, 2002
Please, as a player you never judge teh ball or the grown for your own failure

What should the component say?
Well we played good because it was on our ground and the ball was aslike. :)))))))))

You are funny.

Well, Sabzi Daei played bas as other but compared to other he actually ran couple times and helped in defense especiallt when having corners.
I sa him in front middle and defense the whole game

A man who is 35 years old. At least smth he did compared to others

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
What are you talking about Daei24? Daie was absolutely Horrible today!! He didnt win one head ball, not even connect one pass. HE SUCKED!!! But even worse than him was Ivankovich!! Iran is by far the best team in Asia and Ivankovich tries to get a tie against Bahrain! How Stupid can you get?? He deserved to get sacked for that one

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Branko did not have the courage to sub out Daie. The Nike ball had the most influence on Daie. Our defense played organized and well. It was Branko decision to play defensive with so many offensive players. Zandi and Nekonum could not even move to Bahrain's box.

Oct 18, 2002
Guys, you should understand that a game is not always about scoring.

If I am an attacker and i see that players who should at least send me some balls to my head just fail to do that. I as player have to help out somewhere. Especially, in the secongd half when Kia and Vahid were absolutly out of the game, I will have to change my position bcause I am just useless there in the front. He actually disobeyed the coach couple of time. Seeing Karimi in as the attack coordinator Daei played his position on and on. He actually was behind the midlefield couple of times just to protect the defense. I say it again a team can get the best usage of mankind Daei if you give him the ball on his head or legs without letting him to move much. Thats why he shot 17 goals last year. Those goals were mostly nothing special. Just tell me one pass from Kia or Vahid that waw in front of the goal were he can use his heading skills. Just tell me one

Therefore, comparing Daei with "other" he was playing better.

Feb 7, 2004
Daei touched the ball 8 times in 1st half and had 7 turnover. it was worst in 2nd half but if you still think Daei was great go and watch the tape one more time!!

Oct 18, 2002
what about karimi, vahid and kia
how many times did they lost the ball
as being in a position where you hav to start the game

Daei is nokhte hamle the top of everyone. They had to pass him the ball, Noone did so how can he touched the ball than

Jesus, i say it again a scorer like Daei needs to get passes and precise one if not he is useless

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
Reza, did you notice that whenever ferdowsipoor spoke of daei he said "wa alan Daei be donbale toop..." and he never said something like "Now daei has the ball" because by the time daei accelerated to run after the ball i could have needed another shave! :D

even the ever cautious ferdowsipoor said that daei has to be subbed. i got nothing more to say.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
buddy you got some nerve, daei played good???

the whole team played horrible, but daei was something else, he was in a class all his own today

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Reza,usually i agree with you but not tonight.

Daei didnt keep control of the ball,didnt add anything offensively and if he was our striker then he should give us options up front.He didnt win any headers.

But,yes he ran alot,and tried hard.But today it didnt cut it for me.
If we wanted to win,he had to be subbed out by the 60th minute,but obviously Branko was satisfied with the draw.

Dec 23, 2004
city of angeles
that's a very smart and obsevent comment...it's true the Ball makes so much
of diifrence...it's been used by many home teams as a trick...the IFF should
have known that...just look at the Pix form pre-game practices...all
balls are the Euro style gray Adidas...but only one...the coaches
should have thought of this...

Oct 18, 2002
Babak, Daei cannot be subbed because he shot 17 goals last year and he is always good for the special moment.

I say it again and again

Daei was better that Karimi, Mehdi and Vahid taking their playing style and skills level together. Daei isnt usually even close to any the above three, but he did the best out of it. HE was involved in the game. He tried to be free and tried to get the pass to someone. He is not a passer but many times he started from the mid. to give passes to the corners

Have you ever seen Mehdi or Vahid giving him a long pass to the front so that he can use is heading skill.

The answer is no
So why you complain so much about Daei
The complain should def. start with our top players

Oct 18, 2002
Also We should ask him how come Iranians are always so brainwashed about Daei's performance. The Bahrain game was a great example that players like KArimi or even Mehdi really were outperformed and as they are the pupets of many Iranians, nobody even talks about their failure on Wed but rather like to discuss about Daei's retirement plan.

This is what this country is all about. There is noone that like to talk about the collective failure of having a structed fair society. Instead, finidng "one" and pointing him on and on is the answer to a dillema.

Its becoming to me more and more ridicolous that especially a player that hit the pot again with being most socrer on the universe, is getting confronted with why didnt we subsitute him. This is totally unacceptable. There was many games last year that Daei played weak but he scored and Branco did the only good decision in being a coach in Iran that he sticks to Ali Daei. You will not find a single player in Iran that isnt sick of runnign and scoring even against the weakest team in the world

To be a bit critical to Daei. I would ban him for a game for giving the statement about the ball which is for me totally a joke. I cannot actually believe that this statement comes from him.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Reza jaan,
Mehdi did alright.He didnt attack but he ran the whole match,defended well and played well in central midfield.Im happy with him.He had to sacrifice his right-wing attacks for the team.

Karimi was useless,he failed to dribble anyone,yet he tried to dribble 4 at a time.He didnt pass enough,he looks fat and out of shape and disappointed me alot.

Vahid was well below average.I blame his lack of matches with Bayern,which made him rusty and the fact that he was marked very well by the physical Al Marzooki.Also he isnt a natural left winger.

Ali Daei didnt get our players any resting time.A true target man would get the ball and hold off the defence with his back to goal until others come up the pitch.Look at Shearer,look at Pandiani among others.Daei got the ball,if his first touch didnt give it away,he passed it straight back to midfield.He didnt reach any elevation for headers and barely won 1 or 2 in the whole match.He didnt pose any danger.He is our striker for Gods sake,he has to get the defenders worried a bit.He was too predictable,as they knew if he controlled the ball he would pass it straight back very quickly.

Poor performance from Daei in my opinion,he gave the ball away too much.

He and Karimi were the worst players,then probably Vahid.

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Daei needs to wake up and watch his play. he needs to stop being selfish and get the hell out of the national team and let other BETTER players take his spot. If he really cared about Iran, He would quit now. Ivankovich is stupid as hell, dumb mother FU$%*# Who plays defensively when you have some of the best attackers in the world muchless asia. Who Plays DAEI??? We could easily dominate Bahrain any day but that dumb@$$ went to get a tie and play defensively.