Dedicated to CQ and all other people who thought it was a good Idea to ..........

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't think they though it is a good idea ....rather it was that they didn't have much choice to have better friendlies .... quite diferrent from the times that coward branko was in charge , he chose to play against swiss village teams when in those days they had the ability to play better teams for preparations .

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I don't think they though it is a good idea ....rather it was that they didn't have much choice to have better friendlies .... quite diferrent from the times that coward branko was in charge , he chose to play against swiss village teams when in those days they had the ability to play better teams for preparations .
No Oghab jan CQ did not want to play strong teams and he said that loudly and clearly, and many people agreed with him. He was basically saying if we play strong team there is no point cause we gonna lose big and it will be demoralizing. My point is the exact opposite, when playing big teams in friendlies, you will gain confidence, you will not shit your pants and commit stupied fault when playing next to big names like messi. Please see the interview with the Iranian vollyball team coach, when asked why the didnt play as good the first round and lost, Please see min 1:45 question and coaches answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJUGtzlxdYc#t=124

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
No good team wanted to play us because of where we stand politically as well as considering our crappy football federation. Quiroz just stopped whining and put up with the shit he was handed by an incompetent federation, led by incompetent people.

Get over it. Move on. Support them now that they're there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
No good team wanted to play us because of where we stand politically as well as considering our crappy football federation. Quiroz just stopped whining and put up with the shit he was handed by an incompetent federation, led by incompetent people.

Get over it. Move on. Support them now that they're there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That sums it up pretty nicely. Maybe with the new guy and some compromises, that might change for next WC campaign. At least it wasn't bad as 06. It's not like they were Palestine and Afghanistan. The 2nd problem is the lack of money. The reason why teams like USA can get away with scheduling good friendly games is because they will pay and if you want a good team to come with all the stars it will set you back a nice mill. Iran's football federation doesn't have that kind of scratch but USA's does. CQ is just putting up with it because he knows he can use Iran as a springboard to a big euro club.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
It might be true that no good team want to play us, but on the other hand playing against a weaker team before an important turnment is standard practice everywhere. Germany plays weaker teams like San Marino and scores 5-6 goals because it's a preparation game.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Please don't spread this false rumor about no one wanting to play us due to politics. There is no such thing. Friendlies with big teams cost and Iran simply doesn't want to pay. There are no sanctions against Iran's football and given proper planning many teams would agree to play Iran if the date was set at least a year before (like most organized federations plan things)

IFF is an organization with stupid dick-heads in charge who report to bigger dick-heads than themselves. Don't give them a pass on this epic failure in foresight and resource management. Just don't.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
Please don't spread this false rumor about no one wanting to play us due to politics. There is no such thing. Friendlies with big teams cost and Iran simply doesn't want to pay. There are no sanctions against Iran's football and given proper planning many teams would agree to play Iran if the date was set at least a year before (like most organized federations plan things)

IFF is an organization with stupid dick-heads in charge who report to bigger dick-heads than themselves. Don't give them a pass on this epic failure in foresight and resource management. Just don't.
Not necessarily a rumor, more like an assumption. As much of an assumption as ferdosi makes in his second post by saying "CQ did not want to play strong teams and he said that loudly and clearly..." - No coach in their right mind turns down good friendlies, he just realized there was no hope for Iran so he made due with what he had.

A country that has political tensions ---> is sanctioned --> is isolated economically --> has no money --> has no respectable Football Federation --> has no friendlies with World class teams.

Get over it.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Not necessarily a rumor, more like an assumption. As much of an assumption as ferdosi makes in his second post by saying "CQ did not want to play strong teams and he said that loudly and clearly..." - No coach in their right mind turns down good friendlies, he just realized there was no hope for Iran so he made due with what he had.

A country that has political tensions ---> is sanctioned --> is isolated economically --> has no money --> has no respectable Football Federation --> has no friendlies with World class teams.

Get over it.
Are you kidding me CQ realized there was no hope for Iran... Where do you come up with this stuff. If he realized there was absolutely no hope for Iran he would have quit sooner!
The only thing Iran needed was friendly's.. and they did not get that much of it. But all hope is not lost! We can still go to the next round if team melli believes in its self and plays with heart like its the players last days alive. Then we have a chance. If they dont believe in themselves and the team all hope is lost. But I am positive about our team with so many unique players on it and good potential young players for our future !

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
^ When I say no hope for Iran - it is to say no hope in landing friendly matches with world class teams.

Queiroz dealt with the crappy preparation and side issues ranging from no money, to cancelled friendlies, all the way to dealing with Persian Gulf League coaches not willing to release players.

Now we're sitting here judging him on his preparation - it's not his job to line up friendly matches. It's rather our stupid football federation's responsibility.

These are post-fact conversations that are a waste of time and contributes nothing but negativity.

I'm not even talking about Querioz's coaching skills - I'm neutral, he's yet to prove himself on the world stage. But the criticisms of him in this thread are useless and waste of oxygen.

Stop the negativity - give it a rest, at least till the end of world cup.

this ..

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The sanctions definitely have been a factor in our lack of friendlies.

but let's remember back in 2002 worldcup campaign we were not under much sanctions.

but even then we failed to have average friendlies.

I honestly am over the idea of playing teams similar to the team we are going to face.

We don't have that luxary. any 2nd or third rated team in the world we should play them.

For Instance we should have been able to get a game with
Russia,
Algeria
Ivory Coast
Greece.

in my mind our team just needs experience to increase their professionalism.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The sanctions have been a total non-factor.

If sanctions were a factor we would see the same type of effect across all sports. Evident by our success in other sports, it's safe to say the sanction argument is nothing but pure bullshit.

It's all about planning. Money is not even that big of a factor. It's all about planning and resource management. Iran's football has more than enough money, resources and planning potential. It's just managed by cunts.

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
^ bank sanctions narrow flow of money. that's basic economics 101. Reason TM are using fake UhlSport kits in training, being told not to exchange kits after games, and not able to put together couple good friendlies.

they're not the only cause of headache for this shitty federation - but one of many factors that contributed to shitty preparations and lack of funding.

at least in the previous years, we were able to make deals with decent sponsors (Puma), set up a few friendlies (ie: hosting Germany in Tehran).

when the value of money (Iranian Rial) decreases to this extent against common currencies, you bet your bottom that it impacts every aspect of funding...whether it's for building roads or funding your countries sports.

I'm with you on the topic of shitty management tho.

Feb 22, 2005
I think we all agree IFF (and their backwards barbaric masters) are the problems. But at this point it is what it is, and lets put confidence and positivity behind the team and enjoy the games.