Del Piero's first goal for Sydney FC

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I cant believe I stayed up late last night not in bars or clubs or anything but to watch Sydney Fc vs Newcastle Jets to just watch Del Piero. He scored a brilliant Free Kick and played outstanding, eventhough they lost 3-2 but they played great and tried to tie the game, Del Piero was dangerouse everytime he touched the ball. Oh man I missed him in Juve already he is so much valuable and still could have been for us specially in CL. Anyway A-League might not be a very technical league but for damn sure they are many times better than our pro league, the tempo and atmospher was even better than MLS games, Im impressed.
[video=youtube;4XwRZkmAWP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XwRZkmAWP0[/video]

Nov 24, 2002
i doubt is about money for these guys . Nesta signed with IMPACT for half money (in that time when $ was still around 2000toman) that legendary Bengar got from Sardar Gaz-0-Gooz !!!!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Why in God's name did he go to Australia of all places? How much did they pay him?

What a legend.
He never was about money, he is a guy who cut his pay checks to stay longer with Juve. Australia is a good place to live much better than gulf countries, you know he is a family guy too and Sydney is a nice city. He also do believe in this project which is very important to him.
He is just not a great player on the field but also a great person off the field and a true leader, there is not too many of them left in this world. He is a great example for all athletes out there.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I cant believe I stayed up late last night not in bars or clubs or anything but to watch Sydney Fc vs Newcastle Jets to just watch Del Piero. He scored a brilliant Free Kick and played outstanding, eventhough they lost 3-2 but they played great and tried to tie the game, Del Piero was dangerouse everytime he touched the ball. Oh man I missed him in Juve already he is so much valuable and still could have been for us specially in CL. Anyway A-League might not be a very technical league but for damn sure they are many times better than our pro league, the tempo and atmospher was even better than MLS games, Im impressed.[video=youtube;4XwRZkmAWP0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XwRZkmAWP0[/video]
That doesn't say much.
I have been to many MLS games and half of the seats are freebies to little boys and girls that play in AYSO that bring their families. Most of them have no clue whats going on in the game.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Wait, you think A-League is a good league? lollll. Ok mate. Even people here who are die hard soccer fans rather watch cricket then the A-league...
Watching your average A-League game, even games between the likes of Sydney vs Melbourne is like watching paint dry.
I

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
where in my post I said A league is a good league?
maybe you need to read it again, I said it is much better than our Pro league in Iran. And I was impressed about the atmospher and fighting spirit players had something that I never thought I could see from a country like Australia. I dont even rate the French league a good league, let alone A league.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
He scored one last week too, now he has scored three goals out of four matches for Sydney. That was his 800th match since he has joined Juventus, not including his Padova times and U-21, U-17 Azzuri games. He has scored 320 goals in 800 matches he played, that means he has scored 40% of the times he played. Not bad at all,he also has many assists. He is the true legend.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
what a weekend it was for Del Piero,he scored four goals and assisted another one as Sydney Fc beat Wellington phoenix 7 to one. What a class he is, when he is hot he is unstoppable. This makes him 9 goals so far in the season out of 13 start and one substitute, four less than the leader.
[video=youtube;7rFT9eQ6eeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rFT9eQ6eeI&feature=player_embedded[/video]