Design concept: If Iran's cheetah jerseys didnt suck ...

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
Hi folks,

I was recently looking for some proper Team Melli fan gear to buy ahead of the upcoming world cup and was terribly disappointed with the lack of options. So with the help of a friend, we decided to design some gear for ourselves and wear it to cheer Team Melli. They proved to be rather popular with our own friends, so we decided to put them up online in a store we called Iranian Apparel so others can order too.

(Some of you old timers might remember me doing something similar during the 2006 world cup, with a particular 'Persian Lion' design proving to be quite popular, inspiring many tattoos and other derivatives :) )

This time around, among other designs, we took a stab at designing our own version of the 'Cheetah', and had some fun with these hypothetical jerseys. Hope you dig them, and feel free to check out IranianApparel.com for the rest of the designs.

Oct 1, 2004
Those are all beauties. I wish these were around last year when we put in our own team at the local world cup here. Much better than the garbage I bought from the soccer store here.

As always, very aesthetically pleasing and well designed, Pendar jan.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I like the green the best.
The green is cool but we usually lose in the green jerseys so I kind of dig the red ones. I like Ogah's pick as well red jerseys wit the pants combo work the best.
Just a suggestion you could also have alternate jerseys like red or red on black pants that is cool as well.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Pendar jan, welcome back! As always you are the best!!!! Fantastic design! Other than "Iran", what else does the text of the cheetah say?

I like the design of the cheetah on the red one!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
So good to see you Pendar jaan and damet garm. As always your designs are AWESOME. The wife and I needed more gear for Brazil and grabbed a few items from the store.

The only thing I'm confused about is that I didn't get the option to pick the player number for the "Team Melli Badge - Ringer / Player Numbers on the back".

We still haven't given up on that children's book btw - it's the retirement plan! :)

Chak, Behrou

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
Thanks for the kind words all.
@Sly, besides the "Iran", the rest of the motifs in the cheetah are open to interpretation ;)
@Bi-honar, thanks so much for the support. I'm sorry you couldn't change the numbers on the back. That particular design is static. But I can make another version that lets you modify the number if you want. BTW are you traveling to brazil? Would love to meet up there if you are.
@Silverton, the jersey designs are just 'concepts'. Unfortunately those actual Jerseys were not an option for us in the actual store, but we have other types of t-shits and a 'performance tee' that is essentially like a jersey.
@Dr. - I can't believe I missed your post man, sorry about that. I usually lurk here at least a few times a week.

@Everyone - if you see any particular designs in the shop that you want in a different color or on a different type of shirt I'd be happy to customize them for you. Feel free to send me a PM.

Feb 4, 2005
Hey Pendar jAn, pendAri dirouz bood shoma dar morede WC 2006 post mikardi. Mibini che tond migzareh? Very nice designs like all your other works.

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
@Payandeh jan, how true is that? I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to sound too sentimental.

And thank you for the kind words. This time around I'm designing these with the help of a talented friend, Shahin Edalati. So I can't take credit for everything.

Feb 4, 2005
@Payandeh jan, how true is that? I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to sound too sentimental.

And thank you for the kind words. This time around I'm designing these with the help of a talented friend, Shahin Edalati. So I can't take credit for everything.
Khob pas Edalat ro reAyat kardi va esmeh hamkaret ro ham bordi. Afarin bar har doyeh shomA.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
pendar jan, they look great. I have a suggestion though, can you swap the red and green in the first kit to resemble how colors appear in our national flag? Thanks.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
@Bi-honar, thanks so much for the support. I'm sorry you couldn't change the numbers on the back. That particular design is static. But I can make another version that lets you modify the number if you want. BTW are you traveling to brazil? Would love to meet up there if you are.
Yeah, we're going down to Brazil bro and we should definitely meet up before (in T.O.) and there if you're going. The more of us that hang out down there, the safer for everyone, not to mention we miss you. I already placed the order before my last post (6038302-6121862). If the number is "00" it's actually cool. Don't want to make anyone feel left out if we drop by the TM camp! ;)

pendar

Bench Warmer
Oct 17, 2002
T dot
www.legofish.com
Yeah, we're going down to Brazil bro and we should definitely meet up before (in T.O.) and there if you're going. The more of us that hang out down there, the safer for everyone, not to mention we miss you. I already placed the order before my last post (6038302-6121862). If the number is "00" it's actually cool. Don't want to make anyone feel left out if we drop by the TM camp! ;)
Awesome! Thanks again for the order.
Unfortunately I no longer live in T.O. (moved to SF last summer). But I'm going to brazil to watch TM's first two games. I'll PM you my itinerary so we can arrange to hang out there.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I can not find them in your site, how much are the jerseys ? Also, is there a way to custom make some of them ? I love the design but it looks too busy to me with the panted and the flag band and ... Maybe a simplified version with just the logo ??

Oct 18, 2002
Pendar jan I am more than happy to purchase these jerseys and love to have all three. In fact I will be happy to promote them too. Let us know if these will be available on the site for us to order.