Did we miss Nikhbakht Vs. Bahrain?

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
I watched the game on IRIB. before the game, Majid Jalali had line up and zooming on right side where we have Mahdavikia, Kabi and Karimi. Just by looking at that line up, you could have see the gap on left side! Also, I saw the second half again and Most of Bahranian chances came from left side ( the header which was saved by Mirza, Hobail shot which passed by very close, and ...). I think we missed nikbakht alot in this game, on a day which Nosrati was not good as usual. what you think guys?

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Exactly as u pointed out most of bahrain's attacks started from left side.Nikbakht was definetly missed.
But with our forwards and midfielders having a bad day(Daei,Karimi,Hashemian,..) for whatever reason, u never know even if Nikbakht was there we would be the same sh^t.:(

I just hope he comes back for next game,though..

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
Niloufar said:
Exactly as u pointed out most of bahrain's attacks started from left side.Nikbakht was definetly missed.
But with our forwards and midfielders having a bad day(Daei,Karimi,Hashemian,..) for whatever reason, u never know even if Nikbakht was there we would be the same sh^t.:(

I just hope he comes back for next game,though..

Niloufar,
I agree with you but remember Nikbakht doesn't always rely on our midfielders. He has shown in the past that he is able to carry the ball and cross it with no help. on a day which we were unable to make a simple pass, Nikhbakht's style would have helped alot.

However, We wait and see when he comes back for Japan's Game

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Other than the horrible pitch
stress

I think our TM had two major other problems.

Zandi should not have played not becuase he is not good but rather becuase he should sat on the bench and watched the game and possibly gone in second half.

Hashemian like the jordan game was unable to be a left winger and it is not his fault it is branko's fault for putting daiee in line up.

I think TM would have played atleast 30% better if daie was out and hashemian was playing his positon and if zandi was on bench and mobali was playing the left wing or maybe even borhani.

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
esamani said:
Other than the horrible pitch
stress

I think our TM had two major other problems.

Zandi should not have played not becuase he is not good but rather becuase he should sat on the bench and watched the game and possibly gone in second half.

Hashemian like the jordan game was unable to be a left winger and it is not his fault it is branko's fault for putting daiee in line up.

I think TM would have played atleast 30% better if daie was out and hashemian was playing his positon and if zandi was on bench and mobali was playing the left wing or maybe even borhani.

Esamani Jan,
I didn't see any " Nikbakht "! ;)

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
WP jan,
u right,maybe on his good day he could recharge our forwards or possibly score himself.but considering Daei didnt even send a ball forward(but rather backward)and Hashemian confused in his unusual position, maybe he couldnt be that effective.
u know,our whole team strategy and players' positioning was wrong. even considering Nikbakht was out, Zandi should have atleast be placed as left midfield or wing instead of defending.

Harchi az bazi bad begim,kam goftim..:(

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Niki's absence before the Asian Cup proved how valuable he was to TM
when we witnessed our left side falling apart. He would have made a big
difference IMO.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I didnt think we would miss him cause of Vahid,but I hold my hands up and say we definitely missed him as he gives us natural width down that side.He also helps alot in defending,runs alot,and keeps their defender busy.Vahid isnt as capable as a left-winger.

Nikbakht can improve alot though as he has many weaknesses,but at least he is pressing and pushing all day.

Jan 23, 2003
Nikbakht is one of the most important members of the team not so much for his talent but because he is a left footer and gives balance to our team. Without himn our team looks imbalanced and very frustrating when the players on the left have to take the time to switch to their right foot.

If he was there at least Bahraini right winger wouldve had be careful of his defensive duties and couldnt attack at free will.

However having said that although Messrs Kia, Karimi, VH and Daei were extremely poor, it kept the Bahrainis on their toes which is why they never attacked us with full force. They were cautious in attack, only committing a few players forward. I think that is thanks to the mere presence of Kia, Karimi and VH

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
Yes ,TM missed NV,but I'm not sure even if he was healthy, Branco would have inserted him in starting 11!

If nothing else, Branco has proved that he can be very stubborn on the system and players that he wants for most games. Sometimes he contradicts his own philosophy. He started as "players in the service of 4-2-3-1 system" type of coach ,but he has evolved into "system in the service of players" type of coach!
He seems to be of the conviction that best 11 should play, regardless of position and tactical needs. Our strong line (the 3) were all playing out of position to accomodate the (1) line's presence! Even his substitution pattern, which seemed effective in earlier games, did not address that!
Is not so much nikbakht himself, eventhough, he is a sar va gardan above all left footers in Iran.He was injured and so was his substitute Badaavi. But couldn't 16 IPL teams ,provide him with an alternative leftie? How about Maddanchi as insurance policy?His indecision, created an off balance offensive scheme that has been very much predictible not only to the experienced coaches such as Bahrani's, but also to fans 1000s of miles away that have never walked on the pitch!
Just like ordinary fans, he was banking on the individual skills and glories that kia and karimi could POTENTIAALY bring to the game, not wanting to consider that both those players in addition to hashemian have been at least 4-5 months away from their best days! KIA and Hashemian have combined for a total of 2-3 competetive games in that period!

In summary, yes Nikbakht was missed, but in more accurate way of putting it, the left side was missing!

Kayvon

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2004
Washington, DC
Nikbakht is our best player on the left PERIOD. He was missed dearly in the game against bahrain. His endurance and ability to go up and back numerous times is a huge asset to the team. When we would attack we would have nobody in the box, But nikbakht has the ability to get in the box and get back on defense quickly..not to mention his outstanding heading and goal scoring in big games! This Iran team could have killed bahrain if ivankovich told the team to pull back and play defensive. this coach doesnt know shit and should get fired and take ali Daei with him