Dirty Wars Documentary

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
This is really an amazing documentary about this American Journalist that goes to Yemen, Sumalia and Afgahanistan and reports the crime wars that Americans commit in the name of war on terror. Shows the whole village of poor farmers were killed by a drone where not a single one of them were Al Qaeda members. There were all children and elderly dying for no reason. The documentary is available in Netflix. Really recommand it. What a courageous reporter this guys is. This is the trailer

[video=youtube;gdDdaahMRuo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gdDdaahMRuo[/video]

Jun 18, 2005
If this movie is truly intended to uncover crimes committed by the US military then the focus has to be on the victims than sensationalizing this to make a hero out of the journalist. Plus why pay to download this? They could have asked for donations. I am sure this was not a super high budget production anyways.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
If this movie is truly intended to uncover crimes committed by the US military then the focus has to be on the victims than sensationalizing this to make a hero out of the journalist. Plus why pay to download this? They could have asked for donations. I am sure this was not a super high budget production anyways.
This is a independent journalist and has to make money somehow so the small money you pay him can help him to continue his amazing job plus you can watch it in Netflix for free.
This guy has gone to places that nobody dares to go so much for a western journalist.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Don't worry. You'll get your wish when the US leaves Afghanistan. I am sure your hero "journalist" has plenty of opportunities to go back and report on what the Taliban, and this time with the help of Al Qaeda, will be doing to the Afghans. I just wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I stopped watching that trailer when the guy said Americans took out the bullets from the bodies! What a load of carp! And this is what you are holding up as breakthrough reporting?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Don't worry. You'll get your wish when the US leaves Afghanistan. I am sure your hero "journalist" has plenty of opportunities to go back and report on what the Taliban, and this time with the help of Al Qaeda, will be doing to the Afghans. I just wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I stopped watching that trailer when the guy said Americans took out the bullets from the bodies! What a load of carp! And this is what you are holding up as breakthrough reporting?
There is pictures and facts
You could watch this documentary and don't believe it but your American soldiers are not fighting for freedom, be sure of that ...
I am sure American are in Afghanistan to save Afghan people, so naive !!
Live in a bubble man :D

Jun 18, 2005
You could watch this documentary and don't believe it but your American soldiers are not fighting for freedom, be sure of that ...
I would take living in a bubble rather than wearing a tin foil hat and being paranoid. :)

So you think the Americans are in Afghanistan to shoot random villagers?

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I would take living in a bubble rather than wearing a tin foil hat and being paranoid. :)

So you think the Americans are in Afghanistan to shoot random villagers?
After all, this is produced by an American and not me. And if you don't want (or let's say don't dare) to watch the whole thing then that ain't my business.
America has done a lot of crimes in the last since world war II, mass killings in Vietnam, Cambodia, South America, Iraq and Afghanistan.
It just needs a little research and reading, starting from many documentaries in Netflix.

This documentary is also about how the world on Terror has changed. Nowadays, you can be captured and even killed in America without your rights to lawyers or anything.
And by the way, this is the same guy who revealed the black water scandal.

What amazes me is that you guys don't even give the benefit of a doubt and watch the whole thing and then comment about it. Even if 10% of this is true, it is a sad world we are living in.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
You did not answer my question. You think the Americans are in Afghanistan to shoot random villagers?
America started to be in Afghanistan to have more power in the middle east. The ideology of George Bush and his administration was, they get Iraq and Afghanistan and then get Iran next. They failed miserably. Maybe the general rules of military is not to kill civilians but in the process innocent civilians are killed and not reported. Their life is meaningless. Whether that is not the purpose or not, I feel horrible about these individuals, imagine your family were killed in one day. So I have a question for you, do you think Americans are in Afghanistan to bring piece and prosperity in Afghanistan ?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
What do you have to offer to Afghans when Americans leave? You have nothing. You'll watch helplessly for the Taliban to once again bring women to football stadiums and shoot them in the head. Your sorry reporter can film all he wants but he is impotent to save a single Afghan life. Oh, outside ivory towers that you and that reporter live in, I haven't heard a single real Afghan person who is demanding that America leave. If anything, they are scared to death.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
What do you have to offer to Afghans when Americans leave? You have nothing. You'll watch helplessly for the Taliban to once again bring women to football stadiums and shoot them in the head. Your sorry reporter can film all he wants but he is impotent to save a single Afghan life. Oh, outside ivory towers that you and that reporter live in, I haven't heard a single real Afghan person who is demanding that America leave. If anything, they are scared to death.
The same Taliban were supported by Americans for decades to fight against Russians. And when this atrocities were happening for a decade, where was America ?
Oh yes, they were involved only when George Bush decided to destroy the axis of evil. Afghanistan has been the victim of 40-50 years of war because Russia and USA wanted part of it.

People like him are heros the same as snowden is a hero. They give up their nice life like you, and go and report the facts. Ignorant people don't accept the fact because
you are having a good life in America and listen to CNN and Fox News and think that America is the most peaceful liberty loving country. America is leaving Afghanistan the same way Russia left Afghanistan the same way USA left Vietnam.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Noam Chomsky with him

[video=youtube;qUfMgkOMNME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qUfMgkOMNME[/video]

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Ah, so when Taliban drags school girls to football stadiums again and shoot them in the head, your plan is to send Noam Chomsky to reason with them. You have NOTHING for Afghans when Americans leave. Nothing.

Jun 18, 2005
So now this journalist guy is a hero? lol

Remind me again what Afghanistan was like before the Americans invaded? The real heroes are those who put their lives on the line to provide services to the Afghans, in spite of the presence of Taliban. And it really is a big LOL when you claim Afghanistan was invaded for its strategic value!

I am sure you have some very insightful and crazy ideas on how 9/11 came about as well.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
IEIjan,

You may disagree with the American policy, but what is your answer to Flint's repeated question regarding Taliban oppression being the inevitable once foreign forces leave Afghanistan? Do you have a solution for that? Or, let me ask this: Do you think a Taliban regime is even a problem?

I know one thing:

If there was an unjustified and criminal American invasion of Rwanda back in 1994, there would not be a million deaths due to ethnic cleansing of Tutsis. Sure, a few thousand innocent people could've died due to American war crimes, but not a million. That's the type of tragedy awaiting Afghanistan if Taliban have their way.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
IEIjan,

You may disagree with the American policy, but what is your answer to Flint's repeated question regarding Taliban oppression being the inevitable once foreign forces leave Afghanistan? Do you have a solution for that? Or, let me ask this: Do you think a Taliban regime is even a problem?

I know one thing:

If there was an unjustified and criminal American invasion of Rwanda back in 1994, there would not be a million deaths due to ethnic cleansing of Tutsis. Sure, a few thousand innocent people could've died due to American war crimes, but not a million. That's the type of tragedy awaiting Afghanistan if Taliban have their way.
I think your response just touches the surface of the problem and also the short-term solution for something that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If you want to answer this question, you have to first understand how Taliban came to power. During the cold war, when Russia beat America in Vietnam (by providing weapons), America saw its opportunity in Afghanistan to fight back against the Russians. For a decade or so, they provided all types of weapons and financial means to anyone that fought against Russian. In fact, Mr. Brzezinski himself travelled to Afghanistan and Pakistan and praised the war to Mujahdedin. So After 15 years, the weapons and power fall in the wrong hands. I clearly remembered, during 1990's and Clinton time, the videos of killing civilians in Football Stadium came out. Did America attack Afghanistan then ? They attack for completely different purpose and yes Taliban don't have the power in Kabul nowadays but still the whole country is a mess.
People like FootballIrani and Flint think that America enters war for the sake of the people but they don't even want to imagine the crime that is committed. 100 of books and documentaries about the killing of civilians in Bolivia, Chilie, Vietnam and South America. Should I neglect that ?
Two wrong doesn't make something right.
So how come America never went to Rwanada ? Because there is no benefit for them.
America didn't attack Afghanistan to save lives, they attack Afghanistan to gain power in middle east. They failed miserably both in Iraq and Afghanistan because the under-estimated human power and the role of religion in the region.
By the way, just recently we heard mass killings in Sudan, why our hero American's don't save them ?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2005
Sounds like someone is conveniently forgetting that America invaded Afghanistan due to 9/11. Unless by some crazy chance you think the events of that day were instigated and involved American government as an excuse to attack Afghanistan to assert further control in the Middle East! lol

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
So now this journalist guy is a hero? lol

Remind me again what Afghanistan was like before the Americans invaded? The real heroes are those who put their lives on the line to provide services to the Afghans, in spite of the presence of Taliban. And it really is a big LOL when you claim Afghanistan was invaded for its strategic value!

I am sure you have some very insightful and crazy ideas on how 9/11 came about as well.
I promise if you decided to make a documentary one day and travelled to these places just to say America war was a right cause, I will watch it with open mind before I comment about it !

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Sounds like someone is conveniently forgetting that America invaded Afghanistan due to 9/11. Unless by some crazy chance you think the events of that day were instigated and involved American government as an excuse to attack Afghanistan to assert further control in the Middle East! lol
I know middle east is not important for US, LOL
so how the hell you justify the war against Iraq ? Weapons of mass destruction ha ? or they thought Sadam was a bad man and wanted to free Iraqi's !!
George Bush excuse was Sadam was supporing Al'Qaeda and making weapons of mass destruction. Both of the were true too ;)

Jun 18, 2005
I know middle east is not important for US, LOL
so how the hell you justify the war against Iraq ? Weapons of mass destruction ha ? or they thought Sadam was a bad man and wanted to free Iraqi's !!
George Bush excuse was Sadam was supporing Al'Qaeda and making weapons of mass destruction. Both of the were true too ;)
They had bad intelligence. Even after the fact, there is no suggestion that Bush or the CIA lied about what they knew. It is that their information was based on faulty and bad intelligence. United States already had their troops stationed in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. How was the war against Iraq going to give them any more strategic control of the region?