"DO or DIE"FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs PORTUGAL |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 25th

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
What result do we need for the last group match?
None of Group B teams have yet qualifed.
So basically Spain, Portugal and Iran all need to win, and Morocco need to say goodbye with respect and will go for a win.
I guess this last match is a bekosh bekosh round.

Here are all Iran friendly, possible last group match day results, making Iran go to the next round:

If we win we go 100% to next round either 1st or 2nd. But if we draw, we will need a 2 goal MAR miracle victory over ESP.
Lets hope / say we go to next round. Which scenario is the most possible one? A,B,C,D or E?

btw. As you know in next round our group will face either Russia, or Uruguay, which makes 1st knock out round even more important, as the opponenets could be dealed with.
Who knows. Maybe ESP match was a weak up call. Maybe we go even to the 1/4. Amen

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
I'm still not completely clear about the tie breaking rules regarding goal difference or head to head.
If Morocco wins 2-0 against Spain and we draw with Portugal , do we go through ?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm still not completely clear about the tie breaking rules regarding goal difference or head to head.
If Morocco wins 2-0 against Spain and we draw with Portugal , do we go through ?
Yes. Tie break rules:
  • Greatest number of points
  • Goal difference in all group matches
  • Goals scored in all group matches

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Bottom line is Iran must beat Portugal 1-0 or higher and will 100% qualify. If we were to draw Portugal, Morocco has to beat Spain with a margin of 2 or more goals. Yesterday with the Spain game even if we had tied the game we still needed to beat Portugal in the last match as they had the tie breaker over us. Technically yesterday we needed Morocco to get points and they did not. Our destiny is in our own hands and the way to deliver would be with a victory and not basing anything on the Morocco results.

1-0 to to Iran against Portugal will take us to the promise land and possibly a match-up with the host nation or Uruguay :)

Oct 18, 2010
i rate the difficulty of this match same as the one back in 2013 when
iran went to korea needing a win.carlos and his team did it back then
and can do it in russia too.portugal is a one man team.if they can
contain him,a very tall task,then it's very doable.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yeah man, that is the spirit!
After watching Amiri's stunt going through Pike's legs... With the ball! we can believe these guys have no feelings of inferiority against their well known opponents, despite Portugal naturally being the favourite I say it is 50/50, we are playing European champions and they are playing against a stubborn and determined Iran who are dangerous going forward.