"DO or DIE"FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs PORTUGAL |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 25th

Nov 29, 2002
Shaun Walker

Match of the tournament The match I enjoyed most was Iran v Portugal, because of the intense late drama. A 93rd-minute equaliser for Iran and then a stunning chance to win it in the 96th minute. Had Mehdi Taremi scored rather than hit the side-netting, Portugal would have been flying home and Iran would have won the group. The kind of tiny margin on which World Cup runs are decided.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rdian-writers-highs-lows-modric-pavard-russia

Nov 29, 2002
I dunno bro, sometimes there is a bit too much merging, it's not like the site has hundreds of irrelevant posts on the front page.

It seems like the second I've posted something recently it seems to get merged into another post. Sometimes it is relevant, this time I don't understand why the Guardian's article on the world cup has to be merged into an article about "June 25th Iran v Portugal information updates etc..."

by this logic we could merge almost anything in the front page into another thread, albeit loosely.

I don't post needlessly, I don't think this trigger-happy merging and moving of posts is healthy for the forum. Happy if you want to move this to general forum to discuss further.... We've got 15-20 people posting regular in this forum now, lets keep spirits high.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I dunno bro, sometimes there is a bit too much merging, it's not like the site has hundreds of irrelevant posts on the front page.

It seems like the second I've posted something recently it seems to get merged into another post. Sometimes it is relevant, this time I don't understand why the Guardian's article on the world cup has to be merged into an article about "June 25th Iran v Portugal information updates etc..."

by this logic we could merge almost anything in the front page into another thread, albeit loosely.

I don't post needlessly, I don't think this trigger-happy merging and moving of posts is healthy for the forum. Happy if you want to move this to general forum to discuss further.... We've got 15-20 people posting regular in this forum now, lets keep spirits high.
I agree , it is not like there are hundreds of new threads every day ...:rolleyes:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
On this one, I can see a bit of relevance for the merge as the admin has to make a quick decision when feel obligated for house cleaning, am sure a few other here and there might not be the case.

I do see a lot more cases which are related to a preexisting thread but go unchecked. Sometimes the taste or purpose of admin can be different than what users see.

Nov 29, 2002
On this one, I can see a bit of relevance for the merge as the admin has to make a quick decision when feel obligated for house cleaning, am sure a few other here and there might not be the case.

I do see a lot more cases which are related to a preexisting thread but go unchecked. Sometimes the taste or purpose of admin can be different than what users see.
What is the point of so much house cleaning when the children have all left the house....