Do you own a dog and what breed you got ?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
my niece just purchased a French Bulldog (7 weeks old). It is the cutest thing, but keep in mind that they have a lot of hip and stomach issues (they fart constantly and are prone to get upset stomach very easily).
People who buy bulldogs are selfish. This breed needs to die (much like Pit Bulls). It has severe health problems and further breeding is a form of abuse.

Pets are not toys. They're living creatures who feel pain. Bulldogs suffer a lot more than most humans can fathom.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

Well it is very obvious. Dogs like German shepherd, Golden Retrievers or Huskies and over all big or medium size dogs need space to move otherwise they will get sick so fast. Specially in a climate I live is not a convenient to go out so often . Smaller size dogs can cope with apartment life easier as many generation after generation have lived the same way them . This reminds of gold fish, as they need lots of space in the fish tank if you overcrowd them then they die.

Big size dogs I understand, but medium size? Everything is relative though I guess. It all depends on the size of the apartment too.

my niece just purchased a French Bulldog (7 weeks old). It is the cutest thing, but keep in mind that they have a lot of hip and stomach issues (they fart constantly and are prone to get upset stomach very easily).
Why do they have stomach problems Tajrish jan? Maybe they're allergic to a certain nutrition in the regular dog food?! There are for example people who are allergic to red meet. I'm thinking maybe this breed has genetically some kind of food allergy that can be addressed if it was fed the "right things"?!

People who buy bulldogs are selfish. This breed needs to die (much like Pit Bulls). It has severe health problems and further breeding is a form of abuse.

Pets are not toys. They're living creatures who feel pain. Bulldogs suffer a lot more than most humans can fathom.
So you want the breed to die as a solution??!! Are you serious?!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
So you want the breed to die as a solution??!! Are you serious?!
Yes. There should be no further breeding of an animal with such severe genetic issues. I hope you are smart enough to realize I don't mean to kill the already living bulldogs!

People who buy bulldogs are adding to the problem. If there is no demand, the breed will eventually die.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yes. There should be no further breeding of an animal with such severe genetic issues. I hope you are smart enough to realize I don't mean to kill the already living bulldogs!

People who buy bulldogs are adding to the problem. If there is no demand, the breed will eventually die.
Yes, but why would it or even should it die without demand?! There are better solutions likes taking care of the breed by professionals in facilities (as apposed to by regular civilians), doing research on them to find a long term solution to their health problem, etc.

Yes, money needs to be invested but so is the case for saving let's say, the elephants, the pandas or the Asiatic cheetah!

What worries me is that out of all the solutions, the extinction of the breed came to your mind! :eek:

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
BT is absolutely right. Some breeds were not meant to be. These engineered animals were mostly created by experimentation to achieve a cosmetic result rather than fulfilling a needed function. As a result, the animal suffers unnecessarily for the joy of it's human handler.
Cross breeding could help the breed to become healthier and there are many efforts going in that direction by responsible breeders. However, since there is money involved, these poor breeds will keep suffering for profit.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yes, but why would it or even should it die without demand?! There are better solutions likes taking care of the breed by professionals in facilities (as apposed to by regular civilians), doing research on them to find a long term solution to their health problem, etc.

Yes, money needs to be invested but so is the case for saving let's say, the elephants, the pandas or the Asiatic cheetah!

What worries me is that out of all the solutions, the extinction of the breed came to your mind! :eek:
Some education on dogs:
Dogs are not elephants, pandas or Asiatic cheetah! Dogs are human-bred. Without humans, bulldogs would never exist. It's humans that have engineered this problem. Nature would've never chosen a species like bulldogs to survive or evolve.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Some education on dogs:
Dogs are not elephants, pandas or Asiatic cheetah! Dogs are human-bred. Without humans, bulldogs would never exist. It's humans that have engineered this problem. Nature would've never chosen a species like bulldogs to survive or evolve.
So? You still fail to see the point! When there can be possible solutions to make the breed healthy and well taken care of to have a normal life, why letting it die out? Engineered or not, it's here now!

Out of 2 possible solutions for the animal not to suffer, you choose death while I choose cure. That says a lot about the state of our minds.

So? You still fail to see the point! When there can be possible solutions to make the breed healthy and well taken care of to have a normal life, why letting it die out? Engineered or not, it's here now!

Out of 2 possible solutions for the animal not to suffer, you choose death while I choose cure. That says a lot about the state of our minds.
Sly jan there is no cure . After a century it is what it is.it's a genetic mismatch .. I go with BT on this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

Yes indeed. Clearly one of us needs a few spoons of logic medicine.

How do you function in life man?! LOL! Seriously?!

Feb 4, 2005
I love dogs specially the large dogs such as GS as long as they aren't mine and therefore I don't have to take them for walks in -568 Celsius and clean after them! Best pets are snakes. My son has one pet snake, and he doesn't need to be walked, visited by vet, be groomed and eats once a month. EFFICIENT!

I love dogs specially the large dogs such as GS as long as they aren't mine and therefore I don't have to take them for walks in -568 Celsius and clean after them! Best pets are snakes. My son has one pet snake, and he doesn't need to be walked, visited by vet, be groomed and eats once a month. EFFICIENT!
Are you serious ? you keep snake at home ? What kind ?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
We have always owned dogs growing up and during the good old single life. German Shepard and Rottweiler and a mutt but after getting married no dog (wife doesn't like pets). My 9 year old daughter has been pushing us for a dog and I think my wife will cave in eventually. I am more of a bird man myself. In Iran I had an Indian ring neck parrot and here a yellow nape Amazon and an African Grey.

We have always owned dogs growing up and during the good old single life. German Shepard and Rottweiler and a mutt but after getting married no dog (wife doesn't like pets). My 9 year old daughter has been pushing us for a dog and I think my wife will cave in eventually. I am more of a bird man myself. In Iran I had an Indian ring neck parrot and here a yellow nape Amazon and an African Grey.
Right on dude . I love birds as mush as I love Dogs. Unfortunately my wife is an Anti-Bird . my dream is to own a patio full of exotic birds such as a Rd Cardinal or some wild finches . I owned a few before getting married and then the same thing happened to you and your dogs happened to me and my birds as well ...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I might go for this one .....
Good choice :)

Needs less acid in his/her food (the dark spots on the face under the eyes are indicators of pH imbalance).

You will need lots of cheap towels and lots of paper-towel for the puppy (shits and pisses everywhere for a good while). I hope you have a Costco membership and no expensive carpets :)

Your life will never be the same (in a very good way).

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Some education on dogs:
Well I agree with you onPit Bulls but Bulldogs come on dude here is the characteristic of a bulldog. They are lazy by nature and would rather just sit on your couch or bed. Of course if you breed any dog for fighting it will fight but as for dogs snapping and killing, that is more with Pitts. They have an unpredictable personalities. Anyways, I say ENglish bulldogs are cool but I agree with you on Pitts, once again.