Do you think Can a great goalie Buy you Championship?

I will say yes ...
after abedzadeh we did not have any good goalies...not even close to good.
no matter howmuch goals you score, or good of a game you play...you can't go to next round by conceiving goals.

I hope we win the cup...but i am doubtful
every team is able to score goal on us...even young jamaica, and young ghana players...

I am not looking at the glass half empty, i look at how i can make the glass full

Anchor Man

Bench Warmer
Jan 31, 2005
California
yes look at Buffon at the last WC. italy probably wouldnt have won it without him. and Kahn in the 02 WC. although Germany didn't win it he was their best player

Jun 26, 2007
OH DEFINATELY!!!!
I mean look at our TM and SS when Nasser Khan was the goalie.....
Im not gonna even get into that cuz he is by the far the greatest goalie Iran ever had.

Look at what Jens"GOD" Lehmann did with Arsenal!!! his first season, they were undefeated!!!!
He single handedly won them the FA cup in 2005....
He single handedly took Arsenal to he CL final in 2006 (for the very first time)
He single handedly took Germany to the semis in the WC!!!

I will always espect Klinsi for choosing the Schalke / Borussia Dortmund legend "Super" Jens over that louzy, lazy, ugly, overrated hasbeen Bavarian Oli Koohn!!! (but thats beside the point! lol)

So ....
with type of Golie that we have, and weak defence..
Can we beat JAPAN-Australia-S.Korea(saudi arabia)..
thay are not Jamaica or GHana...

I will say we lose the championship..becuase of our Goalie
we're not going to have a shotout game

the only hope i have is to play a good game so atlease we enjoy the football game.
on the Positive note...miracle do happen

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Peter Schmeichel at Manchester United was worth around 10-12 points a season. His immense presence, command of the area, his saves, and the way he started some of United's counter-attacks with his long throws won a few championships.

But for Iran, I don't believe we have anywhere near a great goalkeeper. So if we are going to win this championships, it will have to be from other players.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Goalie is the most important position in football .
we don't have a top notch goalie in team melli at the moment ,

but Talebloo with a bit of luck and support has a good chance of becomming one !

I believe he has it in him to become the best since Abedzadeh .

Jun 26, 2007
The only way Talebloo will improve his skills is if he stays at SS and work with Nasser "Goal Keeping GOD of Asia" Hejazi

Goalie is the most important position in football .
we don't have a top notch goalie in team melli at the moment ,

but Talebloo with a bit of luck and support has a good chance of becomming one !

I believe he has it in him to become the best since Abedzadeh .
he is one of the best we have...
but by far far away from Abedzadeh...
If I give abedzadeh 17 out of 20
I will give Talebloo 9/20
and roudbarian 9/20
rahmati 8/20
mirzapur at his prime I will give 11/20