Does anyone know when TM WC Shirts will be available?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
They'll be from UHLSport and as far as I know they'll be released in January. It would be nice to get them wholesale if a few ISPers are thinking of getting one.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I wish it was PUMA the 2006 kits were the best but you never know UHL might come up with something nice I just hope they don't put a cheetah on the shirt like some we're talking about in Iran.

kambujiyeh

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Mazi jan,

I actually like the idea of a Cheetah on the jersey. The fact is that Iran is the only country other than the continent of Africa t have wild Cheetahs. It would be matter of national heritage. I would give that idea a thumbs up :)

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I'm going to take a wild guess here ;) that the logo on the Puma kits are not Cheetahs, but Pumas - i.e. not the kitties from Iran, but from S. America.
Here's a real big scary one... :)

120530BerlinPumaCub_6244851.jpg

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Mazi jan,

I actually like the idea of a Cheetah on the jersey. The fact is that Iran is the only country other than the continent of Africa t have wild Cheetahs. It would be matter of national heritage. I would give that idea a thumbs up :)

Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea of having something of our heritage represented on our WC jersey but I think there are a lot of other symbols we could use instead of a cheetah since most people don’t associate cheetahs with Iran and its more of an environmental issue than trying to raise cultural awareness. And I’ve never seena WC team use an environmental issue as a symbol on their jersey.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Iran to unveil World Cup kit featuring Asian cheetah on February 1

TEHRAN - Iran Football Federation President Ali Kafashian said on Monday that FIFA has approved the national football team’s jersey for the 2014 World Cup. The jersey, which bears the image of an Asiatic cheetah, will be unveiled on February 1, according to Kafashian. In a two-day visit to Tehran in early November, FIFA President Sepp Blatter said that he would support the Iranian team’s plan to prevent the extinction of the Asian cheetah. “We sent a sample of our kit to FIFA, and it has been approved by them. The new kit will be unveiled on February 1,” Kafashian said. Iran has been drawn with giant Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Nigeria in Group F of the 2014 World Cup.