Dual SIM Cell Phone? Travel to Europe and Middle East Question.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
I’m going to be traveling to Europe and the Middle East over the next few months and wanted to see what others have done in regards to phone. I have a Motorola Droid Maxx right now from Verizon as my personal phone but I’m thinking about picking up a Dual GSM phone to use when on travel. I’ll be mainly in England/Wales and Dubai/Saudi/Abu Dhabi. I’m thinking I could get one SIM for each of those places and put them in a Dual SIM phone and be done with it. Does anyone have any experience with a setup like this or have any suggestions. I’m pretty sure I’ll be using the phone quite often which is why I want to have the second phone with local SIM to limit the costs.

Any suggestions?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
if you dont need a smart phone ( i assume you don't want data with a prepaid network.)

the dual sim card phones are kind of expensive actually.

I would just go to walmart or target. Tmobile has a samsung phone that QuadBand (it works in the U.S and Europe and middle east).

just buy two of them. call Tmobile and unlock them (it takes a week or so for them to send you an unlock code.)

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
I've tried quite a few...and I tell u dual SIM is a real handy thing and they used to have bugs.. but now it works...

for my experience..I've tried dual SIM in Samsung and NOKIA...I really really like this NOKIA C-2 I got few months ago ...it is not expensive..around 70 or 80 U.S. dollars and its format is so user friendly and just what a dual SIM should be..u can hook to web and all..but its not a GSM..