Earthquake in Bushehr

May 12, 2007
As stupid as they are, even they wouldn't attempt an underground nuclear test near the facilities.
I didn't say they test it there. But the reactors may have problems like essamani said. Dosn't it sound strange to you that there happens so many
earthquake in Iran lately. Specially last 10 years.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The USGS has said that it was definitely not related to a nuclear test or operation of Bushehr. The reason they know that is the depth of the earthquake. It was too deep for either of those two things.

May 12, 2007
The USGS has said that it was definitely not related to a nuclear test or operation of Bushehr. The reason they know that is the depth of the earthquake. It was too deep for either of those two things.
Maybe god dosent like Iran to build that place in Bushehr.:pray:

Aug 21, 2005
next door
even if the nuclear reactor is totally destroyed the regime will deny it completely. some reports say the after shock was felt in UAE, and Saudi arabia hours after!! so i would not be surprised if the reactor is also damaged

Feb 7, 2004
این خانه های گلی، زندگی ما بود

• مردم فقط قربانی زلزله نشده اند، قربانی فقر و خانه های گلی ای شدند که با کوچکترین تکانی بر سرشان می ریزد - تصاویری از روستای درویشی که ویران شد ...

اخبار روز: www.akhbar-rooz.com
پنج شنبه ۲۲ فروردين ۱٣۹۲ - ۱۱ آوريل ۲۰۱٣

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Is building quake-resistant structures a matter of wealth or correct engineering? I've always wondered.

These houses seem to consist of regular house-building material. I don't see a KAH-GELI house there. Some of them even have concrete-blocks (which is expensive and rarely used in western civilian structures).

If instead of paying for concrete blocks and all those bricks (which can be omitted for the most part) they paid for a proper concrete foundation, I think they could end up with a much safer house at cheaper prices.

It's all in the foundation, not necessarily poverty.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Spot on BT. I am always interessted in buildings due to my job and what you say is right. Those buildings do not look like those in Bam. They are barely kaah geli. Bishtareshoon baa "block" e betoni saakhte shode. However its pretty obvious that there is still close to no engineering skill involved in those buildings. The lack of "mile gerd" is obvious and deadly. My impression is those buildings are a bit more resistent than those in BAm but still these guys are living in houses inwhich there is close to no iron and hard beton involved. I doubt they have used beton to fix those "block". KHolaase kheyli bi daro peykar o eymi saakhte shodeh dige, kojaaye kaare mamlekat dorost o asaasiye ke khoone haash baashe oonam too oon manaategh?

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Is building quake-resistant structures a matter of wealth or correct engineering? I've always wondered.

These houses seem to consist of regular house-building material. I don't see a KAH-GELI house there. Some of them even have concrete-blocks (which is expensive and rarely used in western civilian structures).

If instead of paying for concrete blocks and all those bricks (which can be omitted for the most part) they paid for a proper concrete foundation, I think they could end up with a much safer house at cheaper prices.

It's all in the foundation, not necessarily poverty.
Nobody builds kahgeli homes in Iran anymore, anywhere. They don't know how. It is an art that is long forgotten. Neither can they build "tagheh zarbi" or anything that you might relate to the rural Iran. Just stack brick over brick and call it a house. If anything, they are deadlier than ever.