Edwards: 'Iran must know world won't back down'

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
Edwards: 'Iran must know world won't back down'

"In a speech at a conference in Herzliya, Israel, former Senator John Edwards (D-NC) took aim at Iran, warning that the "world won't back down." The 2004 Democratic vice presidential nominee, who recently launched a new presidential campaign, also said that Israel should be allowed to join NATO."

The war in Lebanon had Iranian fingerprints all over it. I was in Israel in June, and I took a helicopter trip over the Lebanese border. I saw the Hezbollah rockets, and the havoc wreaked by the extremism on Israel’s border. Hezbollah is an instrument of the Iranian government, and Iranian rockets allowed Hezbollah to attack and wage war against Israel.

I cannot talk about the war last summer without referring to the Syrian role in destabilizing area. Syria needs to be held accountable. Syria has recently called for peace talks with Israel. Talk is cheap. Syria needs to go long way to prove it is ready for peace. It can start by not harboring terrorists and ending its nefarious relationship with Iran.

While Iran is the greatest threat now, but just as alarming is the one on your doorstep. Hamas, with Iranian support, doesn’t make any mistake of its intentions to wipe out Israel, and repeatedly makes calls to raise the banner of Allah over all of Israel. Israel made many concessions. Many settlers gave up there land in order to advance peace

-John Edwards

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
ok, no one asked the "world" to "back down"... and the world must know that iranians will have whats rightfully theirs.

these politicians talk alot of shit when they go to israel.

Nov 13, 2005
beza baratoon bokonam khoob tarif
harki shakhe ma mitalabam harif
vali
kosokhoresh
bia pooch beshim ba dota sefaresh
pool ro bede dood beshim
chon ke kheyli moonde ra ta adam shim maha

Jun 18, 2005
What else do you expect from a trial attorney? He is just tryin to cash some checks from the Jews and their lobbies.

Isnt it weird that whenever he runs for presidency his wife announces that she has cancer? lol

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
ok, no one asked the "world" to "back down"... and the world must know that iranians will have whats rightfully theirs.

these politicians talk alot of shit when they go to israel.
kos o sher nagoo.

what is rightfully theirs ..nuclear energy...????

just because you have some third rate russian (REMEMBER CHERNOBYL) so called scientists producing heavy water that does not mean your regime will have nuclear energy...

and lets face it, AN and ali geda and that blonde mother fucker don't give two shits about electricity and nuclear energy. They just want to join the nuclear club to become like pakistan.

what does this mean?
it means MIRINEE TOO DAHANE POPULATION, as IR is doing now, keep them in poverty and you have nuclear weapons.

MENTALLY RETARDED third world mentality. that is why countries like IR will remain a trash can forever.

R_E_Z_A

IPL Player
Jan 16, 2004
The war in Lebanon had Iranian fingerprints all over it. I was in Israel in June, and I took a helicopter trip over the Lebanese border. I saw the Hezbollah rockets, and the havoc wreaked by the extremism on Israel’s border. Hezbollah is an instrument of the Iranian government, and Iranian rockets allowed Hezbollah to attack and wage war against Israel.
So johny are you proud of your trip last summer? what about the innocent Lebanese civilian lives lost by the hand of your Zionist firends while you were there?

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
kos o sher nagoo.

what is rightfully theirs ..nuclear energy...????

just because you have some third rate russian (REMEMBER CHERNOBYL) so called scientists producing heavy water that does not mean your regime will have nuclear energy...

and lets face it, AN and ali geda and that blonde mother fucker don't give two shits about electricity and nuclear energy. They just want to join the nuclear club to become like pakistan.

what does this mean?
it means MIRINEE TOO DAHANE POPULATION, as IR is doing now, keep them in poverty and you have nuclear weapons.

MENTALLY RETARDED third world mentality. that is why countries like IR will remain a trash can forever.
do you prefer if Iran doesn't gain nuclear weapons in which case it will become an easy target for the USA? First they would bomb Iran back to stoneages, kill millions of Iranians, and then invade it and plunder our oil. wahabis will cross the borders into Iran and do what they do best (in case you don't know, look at Iraq). we would all wish IR was still in power.

The other scenario is that Iran joins the nuclear club and only then we will have a chance to change things from within.

I prefer the second scenario, you should too, unless several screws are loose in your brain.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
I understand what both parties here are saying. Keyan's point could be said to be valid, as to how far should iran go to get the Nuclear energy. If Iran cannot make it without help of Pakistan and Russia, it is in trouble, as it would be so dependent on them as it is now. Russia will then drag their feet for decades, while Iran would become poorer, like Iraq after persian gulf war.

On the other hand, countries not having nuclear energy will not have a say in the future world and will be at the mercy of others, especially with globalization. I believe most Iranians in Iran, regardless of affiliation understand and believe in that, and that is why large number support it. Overthrow of Mossadegh, Overthrow of Shah (engineered by foreigners wanting Shah gone), Iran-Iraq war (where all except few countries supported the aggressor), US walking into Iraq, the destruction of Lebanaon by Israelis without west complaining and rather supporting Israel, are all indication of why Iran needs to have a NE to defend itself.

On the other hand, will Iran ever get it, and at what cost? R they being used by Russia? What is taking so long, with all these Russian and Pakistani experts around?

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
do you prefer if Iran doesn't gain nuclear weapons in which case it will become an easy target for the USA? First they would bomb Iran back to stoneages, kill millions of Iranians, and then invade it and plunder our oil. wahabis will cross the borders into Iran and do what they do best (in case you don't know, look at Iraq). we would all wish IR was still in power.

The other scenario is that Iran joins the nuclear club and only then we will have a chance to change things from within.

I prefer the second scenario, you should too, unless several screws are loose in your brain.
...Chance to change things from within...

hmmm, dude, are we talking about the same country ??? This is not Shah's regime that fires tear gas into population. This regime kills and asks questions later.

I would like to remind you of the 1998-2002 Intellectual and student supression and executions in IR. Nothing will change from within. Things have progressively gotten worse in IR not better.

About six months ago i had this debate with a pal of mine about how things have opened up in IR now and people are allowed to express their opinions. I said you are absolutely correct.

You can go in the street and express your opinion about poverty, prostitution, drugs, corruption, crime, pollution, traffic, traffic accidents, social injustice, etc etc ...and everyone agrees with you and then everybody goes back to their miserable lives....

so you can express your opinion ( as long as you are not offending anyone of the leaders) and you still live in your miserable world...SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF LIVING THERE IF YOU ARE NOT RICH OR CONNECTED TO ONE OF THE SHEYKhs...

About the nuclear club, once you have reactors and they are working, about 5-10 times more money is required to maintain those reactors and DISPOSE OF NUCLEAR WASTE. do you seriously (not only you but anyone who has a mind that works) think that any thing will get better for anyone in IR ...

no. the regime will be there and it will be armed with nuclear weapons.

Having said that, however, i agree with your point about the Pakis. We need to strengthen ourselves against the ISLAMIC MENACE that threatens our country from the east. It would be a comfort to have nuclear warheads pointing to Saudi Arabia(WEST), and Pakistan(EAST) but not under the AN regime.

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
...Chance to change things from within...

hmmm, dude, are we talking about the same country ??? This is not Shah's regime that fires tear gas into population. This regime kills and asks questions later.

I would like to remind you of the 1998-2002 Intellectual and student supression and executions in IR. Nothing will change from within. Things have progressively gotten worse in IR not better.

About six months ago i had this debate with a pal of mine about how things have opened up in IR now and people are allowed to express their opinions. I said you are absolutely correct.

You can go in the street and express your opinion about poverty, prostitution, drugs, corruption, crime, pollution, traffic, traffic accidents, social injustice, etc etc ...and everyone agrees with you and then everybody goes back to their miserable lives....

so you can express your opinion ( as long as you are not offending anyone of the leaders) and you still live in your miserable world...SO WHAT IS THE POINT OF LIVING THERE IF YOU ARE NOT RICH OR CONNECTED TO ONE OF THE SHEYKhs...

About the nuclear club, once you have reactors and they are working, about 5-10 times more money is required to maintain those reactors and DISPOSE OF NUCLEAR WASTE. do you seriously (not only you but anyone who has a mind that works) think that any thing will get better for anyone in IR ...

no. the regime will be there and it will be armed with nuclear weapons.

Having said that, however, i agree with your point about the Pakis. We need to strengthen ourselves against the ISLAMIC MENACE that threatens our country from the east. It would be a comfort to have nuclear warheads pointing to Saudi Arabia(WEST), and Pakistan(EAST) but not under the AN regime.
right now I am going to my lab session, but I will write a reply tonight.

raminio05

National Team Player
What do you mean?
Well, opinion polls show that the average Americans views on Israel is changing. It is not an overwhelming majority now that supports Americas blind support of Israel. I think this is due to the fact that out of neccessity, the American people are starting to educate themselves more. They are seeing what it is costing them to keep supporting Israel. This is also going on in Europe.

Jun 18, 2005
Well, opinion polls show that the average Americans views on Israel is changing. It is not an overwhelming majority now that supports Americas blind support of Israel. I think this is due to the fact that out of neccessity, the American people are starting to educate themselves more. They are seeing what it is costing them to keep supporting Israel. This is also going on in Europe.
Come on mate you should know by now that it really doesnt matter what the American public might think or want.

Abortion is still not allowed in many states, no stem cell research, no gay marriage, Kyoto treaty, and the Iraq war...

If as a candidate you appeal to strong lobby groups in the country then you will have the backing of their owned media and thus the popular vote.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
You don't read that in his speach. In fact democrats are also suppoerter of Israel.
They just don't support a war against Iran. Only keeping Iran's economy one dimentional and weak satisfy them.