Eid mobarak

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This is basically a sacrifice of a camel on Eid ghorban... Even though ritual sacrifice does not take place today (Eid Fetr) it is a good reminder of what Islam represents.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
That seriously ruined my day. Absolutely barbaric and disgusting. Poor innocent animal - just shoot it in the head at least and put it out of its misery instead of torturing it or letting it bleed to death.

Wonder what our new "moderate", "reformist" 21st century president thinks about these acts...

:wake up:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
This is basically a sacrifice of a camel on Eid ghorban... Even though ritual sacrifice does not take place today (Eid Fetr) it is a good reminder of what Islam represents.
You should go see Western slaughterhouse and let me know if that represents Western civilization and culture. Just go look at what these corporations do to animals - but of course you will never equate this with "democracy" or any other ideology except when it suits your biases.

Either way, this is disgusting and does now show what Islam represents at all - by the way, this whole "oh he's Muslim and whatever he does (bad) is Islamically-sanctified and approved" . It's Logical Fallacy 101, really. There is perhaps no religion that sanctifies the life of animals like Islam in its primary sources - good treatment of animals can get you into heaven! I know this will fall on death ears here for the undemocratic secular-extremists that have become the majority on this board, but it still needed to be said.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
You should go see Western slaughterhouse and let me know if that represents Western civilization and culture. Just go look at what these corporations do to animals - but of course you will never equate this with "democracy" or any other ideology except when it suits your biases.

Either way, this is disgusting and does now show what Islam represents at all - by the way, this whole "oh he's Muslim and whatever he does (bad) is Islamically-sanctified and approved" . It's Logical Fallacy 101, really. There is perhaps no religion that sanctifies the life of animals like Islam in its primary sources - good treatment of animals can get you into heaven! I know this will fall on death ears here for the undemocratic secular-extremists that have become the majority on this board, but it still needed to be said.
Please! I'd like to know the name of the "Western" slaughterhouse you visited , where animals weren't killed as humanely as possible, with a shot to the head.

Yes, we're a destructive specie, we have to feed ourselves and we treat animals poorly. What the hell does this have to do with democracy or secularism? At least words and phrases such as humane, animal rights, animal cruelty and environmental conservation exist in most Western secular democracies, even if they don't receive the attention they should - thanks to human rights having reached a decent level in our societies, so that we can focus on animal rights. Do these words exist in ISLAMIC Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Afghanistan?!

Stop being a sour puss apologist! People who do these things, or blow themselves up, or oppress entire countries in the name of Islam DO represent Islam. Supporters of an ideology aren't just judged by what's written in their book, but through their actions. So, if you have a beef with that, take it up with them instead of labelling secularists "undemocratic extremists" for expressing an opinion.

That will most likely fall on deaf ears too (since I've seen your views become more and more fanatic in the past few months), but like you said - it had to be said!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004

One just needs to look at Islamic countries and how animals are treated to know how truthful your statement is!

Oct 18, 2010
bullfighting is by far the most cruel treatment that an animal gets in the name of 'culture' and 'sport' while being cheered on by spectators.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

What a bunch of nonsense.

Facts are facts. This is exactly what Islam represented to me as a child and it is still what Islam represents to me as an adult. I don't know of too many western kids who have to witness and cheer a disgusting act like beheading of sheep, goats and camels. What happens at the slaughterhouse is debatable considering the food industry's needs and policies. It has nothing to do with painfully killing an animal in front of the wondering eyes of children, teaching them about Allah's hunger for innocent blood drawn in the most gruesome manners.

Whether Mohammad or Allah advocated this 1400 years ago or not is irrelevant. It is a common practice by Muslims who represent Islam. So convenient for confused Muslims to label all these embarrassing things "unIslamic". It just suits their dishonest existence better to verbally distance themselves from these things while behind a keyboard.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
why should they when they can go to a bullfighting arena and enjoy the show and admire the handsome civilized matador.
So, what are you suggesting that two wrongs make a right? Who has supported or supports bull-fighting on this forum?!!! By the way, I'm not surprised by your affinity to bull! ;)

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Please! I'd like to know the name of the "Western" slaughterhouse you visited , where animals weren't killed as humanely as possible, with a shot to the head.

Yes, we're a destructive specie, we have to feed ourselves and we treat animals poorly. What the hell does this have to do with democracy or secularism? At least words and phrases such as humane, animal rights, animal cruelty and environmental conservation exist in most Western secular democracies - thanks to human rights having reached a decent level in our societies, so that we can focus on animal rights. Do these words exist in ISLAMIC Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Afghanistan?!

Stop being a sour puss apologist! People who do these things, or blow themselves up, or oppress entire countries in the name of Islam DO represent Islam. If you have a beef with that, take it up with them instead of labelling secularists "undemocratic extremists" for expressing an opinion.

That will most likely fall on deaf ears too (since I've seen your views become more and more fanatic in the past few months), but like you said - it had to be said!
Stop being a sour puss apologist! People who do these things, or blow themselves up, or oppress entire countries in the name of Islam DO represent Islam. If you have a beef with that, take it up with them instead of labelling people "undemocratic secular-extremists" for expressing an opinion.
What is a sour puss apologist? Please deconstruct this as it's very ambiguous and is clearly not situated within any socio-political paradigm or have any linguistic tradition. Again, how do "they" represent Islam? Just because they are "Muslim?" You can look into any ideology and draw from it anything you'd like and use that to justify your own personality, behaviourism etc. i.e. if you're an extremist and have a violent personality, you don't need any religious/ secular tradition to justify it, you've already justified it to yourself and are looking at texts or specific traditions to rationalize your violent disposition. Just like if you are a peaceful person, you will look to rationalize that kind of behaviour.

Even trees have rights in Islam, much less animals. Islam is texts and primary sources not the actions of it's followers. Invoking bandwagon fallacy and hasty generalizations do not constitute a sound argument.

If you have a beef with that, take it up with them instead of labelling people "undemocratic secular-extremists" for expressing an opinion.
How do these things even correlate? Or is that like a strategic thing you do when you throw out two unrelated things and try to confuse people and act like you have a point?

(since I've seen your views become more and more fanatic in the past few months)
More and more fanatic in the last months? LOL How many posts do I have on the General Board within the last months for you to come up with this conclusion? Wasn't it like last week you asked where have I been all this time? Serious delusion. Any other "isms" you wish to throw out there and stigmatize me with?

Here's a video for you, honey:
[video=youtube;e5eMQ-3Drmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5eMQ-3Drmw[/video]

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
One just needs to look at Islamic countries and how animals are treated to know how truthful your statement is!
Again, you're going back to the statement that because some Muslims are cruel to animals, Islam is cruel to animals. How is this interlinked? When the opposite is true when looking at Islamic texts.

What a bunch of nonsense.

Facts are facts. This is exactly what Islam represented to me as a child and it is still what Islam represents to me as an adult. I don't know of too many western kids who have to witness and cheer a disgusting act like beheading of sheep, goats and camels. What happens at the slaughterhouse is debatable considering the food industry's needs and policies. It has nothing to do with painfully killing an animal in front of the wondering eyes of children, teaching them about Allah's hunger for innocent blood drawn in the most gruesome manners.

Whether Mohammad or Allah advocated this 1400 years ago or not is irrelevant. It is a common practice by Muslims who represent Islam. So convenient for confused Muslims to label all these embarrassing things "unIslamic". It just suits their dishonest existence better to verbally distance themselves from these things while behind a keyboard.
So because of your personal experience, you're going to vilify and demonize 1.5 billion people? Why is your experience more important than anyone else's? And what you said is not even an argument. I agree that children shouldn't watch the slaughtering of sheeps or whatever, but that again has no place in Islamic texts and is a tradition bore out of our cultures.

Yeah, but Western kids are consuming incredible and gluttonous amounts of meats from slaughterhouses that do a horrendous job . So I guess their consumption and paying for this meat means they approve it. Whether they are there to witness it or not has no bearing on the point at hand that the Western meat business is cruel and inhumane and is complacently and directly supported by the capital of those who eat its meat. Watch the countless documentaries on the meat industry in America/ Canada, from chickens, horses, cows to you name it.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007

Yes, we're a destructive specie, we have to feed ourselves and we treat animals poorly. What the hell does this have to do with democracy or secularism? At least words and phrases such as humane, animal rights, animal cruelty and environmental conservation exist in most Western secular democracies, even if they don't receive the attention they should - thanks to human rights having reached a decent level in our societies, so that we can focus on animal rights. Do these words exist in ISLAMIC Iran, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt or Afghanistan?!

Stop being a sour puss apologist! People who do these things, or blow themselves up, or oppress entire countries in the name of Islam DO represent Islam. Supporters of an ideology aren't just judged by what's written in their book, but through their actions. So, if you have a beef with that, take it up with them instead of labelling secularists "undemocratic extremists" for expressing an opinion.

please this has nothing to do with simply killing of animlas. What happens in a 'western' slaughter house is a health ministry and government sactioned act performed by professionals far far away from the view of general public - nothing to do with ordinary sitizens taking their household tools to massacre a massive animal in front of thousands of people including children with blood flowing all over their freakn streets and homes like its nothing! These are barberians who have no respect for any kind of life. So dont dall in to trap of this ridiculous argument.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You don't need to tell me what goes on in the meat industry. I know. And I fail to see the connection.

So because of your personal experience, you're going to vilify and demonize 1.5 billion people?
Because of my personal experience I'm going to vilify and demonize what 1.5 billion people consider "untouchable" or "the ultimate way of life". If they feel vilified and demonized by my criticism of their belief system, so be it.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
bullfighting is by far the most cruel treatment that an animal gets in the name of 'culture' and 'sport' while being cheered on by spectators.
I don't know about that. There are more organizations against bullfighting, cockfighting, dogfighting...and general animal cruelty where I live than there are actual bullfighting organizations. I know some Muslims are against public animal sacrifice but I doubt it's anywhere close in terms of level of opposition to it.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I myself am haunted by the actions I have witnessed as a child in Iran. I never forget how they use to bring a sheep and tie him to the tree in Tehran and once a massive dasteh passed by some idiot with a knife that is used to cut ordinary items would try to cut the neck off all the way and btw it took 2 minutes. And us kids have been petting it and touching it and liking it... Fuck a religion that does this and in front of children............... Many are haunted by this and I would never even want any children or even adults to witness such barbaric actions. I have seen it all and would never want it for any child to witness. Cow, Sheep, Chicken, Duck, you name it.............. Because of politics of the food industry and rise in human population and whats necessary there are slaughter houses and they are operated under governmental orders. Not that they are all good as we see a lot of illegal activity and cases unsanitary actions but there is a governmental law that keeps it in place.

Would one want to actually witness this shit or show it to their own children. I highly doubt that Silverton himself would ever want to see his children witness a camel being killed by being stabbed multiple times by a big knife or sword. These actions are barbarian just like Islam. And FYI look at eideh ghorban. They slaughter thousands of poor animals barbarically. Are you going to tell me they are all going to heaven cause they are treating the animals well???