English Premier League 2017-18 Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you respect Pep ? He was a great coach with Messi, Inisesta, Xavi, Villa, Puyol, Bousquet, all on their PRIME ... he left that behind, and has NOTHING to show for ...
He knows the game technically and psychologically and he proved it . Yes he was a better warrior with better tools . I never expected him to do anything in his first year in charge of city but I am expecting big this year , so let's see

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Why do you respect Pep ? He was a great coach with Messi, Inisesta, Xavi, Villa, Puyol, Bousquet, all on their PRIME ... he left that behind, and has NOTHING to show for ...
He was also a great coach with Douglas Costa, Kimmich and Lahm past his prime.

And sorry, but Messi's prime is right now, not back then. See how much recent managers won with him.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
He was also a great coach with Douglas Costa, Kimmich and Lahm past his prime.

And sorry, but Messi's prime is right now, not back then. See how much recent managers won with him.
Yes, which is why i always said, Barca is NOT Messi ! only those who think they know it all, think Barca = Messi ! Barca was a TEAM ... all those players i mentioned .. look they left and as you said, how much they won !!!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Yes, which is why i always said, Barca is NOT Messi ! only those who think they know it all, think Barca = Messi ! Barca was a TEAM ... all those players i mentioned .. look they left and as you said, how much they won !!!
Back then, it wasn't much about Messi. He was simply a good asset.

These days, it's pretty much all Messi. He improved a lot, while others around him either left or declined. No one got properly replaced either. Today's Barca is actually all about Messi. The club got high on glory and neglected its bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.