English Premier League 2017-18 Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Glazer, owner of MU was born in Lithuanian Jewish family. and Man Utd ownership seem to be purely business ( He was renowned locally for his work ethic, clocking-up 80 hour weeks and shunning sports and hobbies )

Glazer was renowned for his judicious spending, reputedly boasting to a ghostwriter in an interview that, in contrast to his son's $200 trousers, his cost just $19.95. "You know why? Because I remember the day when I didn't have $20 to spend on pants," he said.

A US federal judge once called him a "snake in sheep's clothing rather than a wolf in sheep's clothing" for his aggressive company takeover tactics. The long list of firms he tried (unsuccessfully) to take over included Tonka Toys, Harley-Davidson and kitchen surface maker Formica.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...didnt-know-about-Manchester-United-owner.html

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Think him teaming up with money and talent has a lot to do with it, put him in charge of lessor teams and result would have been mediocre.. a lot of these success has to do with being in the right place, I am not taking away from him capabilities but look at 2nd half of MU game or how the team folded in span of 10 days.

(am guessing paragraph was on Pep because Mourinho also won 23 trophies)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
You need talented players to play the kind of football he wants to play. Talented players cost money. But other coaches buy talented players and hoof it to them. Give him a young talented team to work on for 3 years without pressure and he would still win the league anywhere.

Think him teaming up with money and talent has a lot to do with it, put him in charge of lessor teams and result would have been mediocre.. a lot of these success has to do with being in the right place, I am not taking away from him capabilities but look at 2nd half of MU game or how the team folded in span of 10 days.

Again Money and Talents are two different things .For example, Bale never did anything to worth 100 ME but that was his price. these things have been discussed many times and everyne knows more than me . Why pep dont get in charge of a Mediocre team ? Why should he at the age of 48 ? to prove ISP members he is the better than anyone else ? He has won everthing as a player and as a coach and now making millions and enjoy his career and is alwayas on deman.
No need to prove anything to anyone,. btw is not that Barca without him Conquered the Europe day in and day out .

(am guessing paragraph was on Pep because Mourinho also won 23 trophies)

We are talking about the last 10 years so yes Mourinho has less trophies since 2007 .

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ what I meant to say and have to clarify is to me the quality of a teams players and money it can afford is much of a factor than quality of a coach at that top level.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Worth remembering at this point that Bournemouth do tend to fall behind in home matches, but they have a very good record when it comes to bouncing back. This match is still not over just yet, then, and Jose Mourinho may well turn to his bench at the midway stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.