English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I am obviously a Spurs fan but also a long-time fan of ManU, but that's not the point here.
Look, as an example, everyone is now talking about Pogba as if he is one of the best in world football. The fact is he's still crap compared to likes of Eriksen, Hazard, DeBruyne or Silva. Not even a comparison. Yet, he has a couple of good games and all of a sudden, he is a genius, whereas the above-mentioned players have been doing 100 times more, week after week, and don't get nearly as much press. It's the ManU effect. That's one of the reasons I am not quick to jump on the ManU bandwagon again until they can prove the hype. So far, and from what I have seen from the new manager, he has obviously motivated the team to get better results, however, their football is still far from good enough to be a top 4 in EPL, let alone a contender in CL.
They haven't proven anything by beating 5 below average EPL teams in a row and getting a lucky result against the Spurs. They will start losing again very soon and find themselves fighting for a EL spot. That is my point.
well True, Pogba hasn't done anything at Untied expect for winning the crapy UEFA cup 2 years ago but that's about it. Now its time for him to show who he really is. If we can get Top 4 and have a good run in CL because of him then I can see he has proven him self.

As far as current Untied team goes, you can't say that winning 6 games in a row is a pure luck!!! true we played some crappy teams but under Jose we would have either tied or win those game by 1 goal margin. Overall team playing much better, the United way.. I will keep my judgment of current United head coach till end of the season!!

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I think everyone who watched the game could agree with the fact that they could have and should have easily lost this match, barring some awful finishing and some heroic goalkeeping. As for winning 6 in a row with a squad that has more money than God against the league bottom feeders, big deal, even though I understand that Mourinho could have fucked that one up too.
The bottom line is that they won, against the run of play, against a much better team, using their chances and not much more. On any given Sunday and 9 out of 10, they will lose these types of games, so let's not get carried away about a fluke win.
Yep. no big deal. it's only Spurs. LOOL.

Roy Keane reveals Sir Alex Ferguson's three-word team talk against Tottenham

Last edited:

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
With Kane and Sonny out, Moura doubtful with an injury and not considering the old and useless Llorante, Spurs are virtually without a single striker. Dele Alli will probably move upfront as the only option, unless the stingy back office at Spurs decides to purchase a striker in the transfer window. The new stadium curse that costs every single PL team to regress for 4-5 seasons. They simply don't have any money to compete.
I can see Spurs selling Eriksen at the end of the season to Real Madrid for a shitload of money, losing Pochetino to MU, and go back to where they used to be 10 years ago, fighting for an EL spot alongside the likes of Everton and Wolves.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I am obviously a Spurs fan but also a long-time fan of ManU, but that's not the point here.
Look, as an example, everyone is now talking about Pogba as if he is one of the best in world football. The fact is he's still crap compared to likes of Eriksen, Hazard, DeBruyne or Silva. Not even a comparison. Yet, he has a couple of good games and all of a sudden, he is a genius, whereas the above-mentioned players have been doing 100 times more, week after week, and don't get nearly as much press. It's the ManU effect. That's one of the reasons I am not quick to jump on the ManU bandwagon again until they can prove the hype. So far, and from what I have seen from the new manager, he has obviously motivated the team to get better results, however, their football is still far from good enough to be a top 4 in EPL, let alone a contender in CL.
They haven't proven anything by beating 5 below average EPL teams in a row and getting a lucky result against the Spurs. They will start losing again very soon and find themselves fighting for a EL spot. That is my point.
Ostad chakerim, but Pogba was by far the most impressive midfielder for France winning the World Cup. I agree, Kante was great too, but Pogba made the difference. The pass he played to Rashford basically from stand inch perfect into his path, not too many players can do that. Obviously he is still young and has room for improvement, but with all due respect, if I had to build a team tomorrow and you let me pick between Pogba, Eriksen, DeBruyne and all of them, just for age reason and mentality I pick Pogba. Pogba just needs a decent manager to polish him.

There is no denying that Pogba is a very talented player that under the GAYIDANCE of JM had been wasted. Now it's his time to shine and so far he has delivered. Let's hope he'll continue to do so.
Look at it this way, under Jose DeBruyne was sold to Wolfsburg and Hazard was depressed for half a year. So...

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Ostad chakerim, but Pogba was by far the most impressive midfielder for France winning the World Cup. I agree, Kante was great too, but Pogba made the difference. The pass he played to Rashford basically from stand inch perfect into his path, not too many players can do that. Obviously he is still young and has room for improvement, but with all due respect, if I had to build a team tomorrow and you let me pick between Pogba, Eriksen, DeBruyne and all of them, just for age reason and mentality I pick Pogba. Pogba just needs a decent manager to polish him.
Mahdi jan, mokhlesim ostad. You very well might be right on your long-term assessment of Pogba, however, I would still pick Hazard, DB or Eriksen on any given day. For one, they have performed consistently season after season. They are relatively young and have 4-6 years left at top. Pogba has an attitude problem too. Somehow, he reminds me a bit of Balotelli. Hopefully, he will learn as he gets more mature, but I am not 100% sure. Lastly, there is an element of laziness in his game that I don't appreciate. United got scored on time and time again due to his missed markings on corners and his lack of defensive duties.
No question that he is a great player and has an amazing potential though, despite being unfulfilled at MU.

Mahdi jan, mokhlesim ostad. You very well might be right on your long-term assessment of Pogba, however, I would still pick Hazard, DB or Eriksen on any given day. For one, they have performed consistently season after season. They are relatively young and have 4-6 years left at top. Pogba has an attitude problem too. Somehow, he reminds me a bit of Balotelli. Hopefully, he will learn as he gets more mature, but I am not 100% sure. Lastly, there is an element of laziness in his game that I don't appreciate. United got scored on time and time again due to his missed markings on corners and his lack of defensive duties.
No question that he is a great player and has an amazing potential though, despite being unfulfilled at MU.
Agreed with everything you said except the "great player" part. How is he a great player if you truly believe what you said in the first paragraph? In my opinion, he's not a great player. He's mostly a show off with some abilities that make him stand out(By default all central midfielders in his position stand out compared to their teammates because of the number of touches they have on the ball) . I would never build a team around him.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Agreed with everything you said except the "great player" part. How is he a great player if you truly believe what you said in the first paragraph? In my opinion, he's not a great player. He's mostly a show off with some abilities that make him stand out(By default all central midfielders in his position stand out compared to their teammates because of the number of touches they have on the ball) . I would never build a team around him.
Correction: Potential great player.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Two of best mid table teams are tied 3-3 and few min to go.

Leicester vs. WW

////update 4-3 WW ////

what a stunner last min 92nd min score by WW. I believe in this team.
Leicester coach was in so much pain, couldn't believe it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.