English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
United is still shit. 11 saves, some world class, saved their butt, but this team will not go far. They are riding some lucky results on back of playing crappy teams and was extremely lucky not to lose with 4-5 goals today to a far superior Spurs.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
United is still shit. 11 saves, some world class, saved their butt, but this team will not go far. They are riding some lucky results on back of playing crappy teams and was extremely lucky not to lose with 4-5 goals today to a far superior Spurs.
They could play shit but get lucky and pull the points. at this time, a lot possible for them to cut the 6 points lead Chelsea has to minimal (as Chelsea faces Arsenal and MC I believe) when they meet Chelsea last week of Feb. I think United players are united to say a big "eff you" to Mourinho and it's a good motivation. I don't doubt they drop games to mid table teams but as you see they're pulling the points when the have to. I like the maturity of Rashford, he's really carried United this season.

As for De Gea , no doubt a superior player, a lot of shots in this game was really within his reach, I think they two in the 80th min were from closer distance but still very doable. He was tried a lot but nothing super serious; goalies get in a zone when they keep saving balls, especially easier balls which demonstrate their mastry. I really didn't see any super saves but he carried United.

It was interesting to me reading on another goalie that he had gymnastics background, how fitting that is for this position.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
LOL player gets carded during penalty shoot outs? fuckin fifa and its antics..

Here's WW coach as goalie during the penalty shoot outs between his club, Porto and Once Caldes of Columbia (intercontinent cup 2004 Final ) Get and appreciation for the coach of WW, Nuno. He never got a glove on any of the balls, but the 9th player hit the ball out. LOL. ONe of toughest penalty shoot-outs ever seen. Coach was traded to a Russian club after this season.

Quareshma is in the line up too with full head of hair (he scored on Iran at WC 2018)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Not a United fan but they can't be shit winning 6 games in a row.
They took the game to spurs and give them a good game specially first half.
I agree spurs were not clinical with their finish.
United goalie played well but one would expect him to save all them balls.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
United played quite well in the first half. Also away from home.

Solskjaer might not be a genius manager, but he knows that he has a great squad and giving them the right confidence and setting them up to their strengths will carry him forward. Top4 is still difficult and it has a bit of a Di Matteo effect to it, but this is more football than anything since Sir Alex left.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
United played quite well in the first half. Also away from home.

Solskjaer might not be a genius manager, but he knows that he has a great squad and giving them the right confidence and setting them up to their strengths will carry him forward. Top4 is still difficult and it has a bit of a Di Matteo effect to it, but this is more football than anything since Sir Alex left.
Spot on. to reverse the effects of Moyes , van Gaal & The Special Bus is a tall tall order.

This one made me chuckle.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Not a United fan but they can't be shit winning 6 games in a row.
They took the game to spurs and give them a good game specially first half.
I agree spurs were not clinical with their finish.
United goalie played well but one would expect him to save all them balls.
I think everyone who watched the game could agree with the fact that they could have and should have easily lost this match, barring some awful finishing and some heroic goalkeeping. As for winning 6 in a row with a squad that has more money than God against the league bottom feeders, big deal, even though I understand that Mourinho could have fucked that one up too.
The bottom line is that they won, against the run of play, against a much better team, using their chances and not much more. On any given Sunday and 9 out of 10, they will lose these types of games, so let's not get carried away about a fluke win.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I think everyone who watched the game could agree with the fact that they could have and should have easily lost this match, barring some awful finishing and some heroic goalkeeping. As for winning 6 in a row with a squad that has more money than God against the league bottom feeders, big deal, even though I understand that Mourinho could have fucked that one up too.
The bottom line is that they won, against the run of play, against a much better team, using their chances and not much more. On any given Sunday and 9 out of 10, they will lose these types of games, so let's not get carried away about a fluke win.
Ostad, just for curiosity what team do you support in EPL???

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It could have gone either way, United could have also scored more goals on counters. Good game of football, end to end...

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Ostad, just for curiosity what team do you support in EPL???
I am obviously a Spurs fan but also a long-time fan of ManU, but that's not the point here.
Look, as an example, everyone is now talking about Pogba as if he is one of the best in world football. The fact is he's still crap compared to likes of Eriksen, Hazard, DeBruyne or Silva. Not even a comparison. Yet, he has a couple of good games and all of a sudden, he is a genius, whereas the above-mentioned players have been doing 100 times more, week after week, and don't get nearly as much press. It's the ManU effect. That's one of the reasons I am not quick to jump on the ManU bandwagon again until they can prove the hype. So far, and from what I have seen from the new manager, he has obviously motivated the team to get better results, however, their football is still far from good enough to be a top 4 in EPL, let alone a contender in CL.
They haven't proven anything by beating 5 below average EPL teams in a row and getting a lucky result against the Spurs. They will start losing again very soon and find themselves fighting for a EL spot. That is my point.

Look, as an example, everyone is now talking about Pogba as if he is one of the best in world football. The fact is he's still crap compared to likes of Eriksen, Hazard, DeBruyne or Silva. Not even a comparison. Yet, he has a couple of good games and all of a sudden, he is a genius, whereas the above-mentioned players have been doing 100 times more, week after week, and don't get nearly as much press. It's the ManU effect.
My sentiment as well. Any way you look at it the guy has been a failure at Man U. For him to make up for that takes a lot more than having a few good games. A lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.