English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
It was more penalty than not. Fred simply underestimated the speed of lacazette, fell behind and pushed him instead of keep running with him side by side and make a proper charge

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
froze? you are at fault when you freeze by such a ball, coming at you in a more or less central position. If we find excuses for goals like this, then a goalie is literally and basically never at fault when conceeding goals.
The ball did take a swerve late on. But he should at least have tried to go for it rather than just stand there. Anyway, the defending was also poor. They didn't even try to block the shot, he had a full view of the goal to shoot at.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
It was more penalty than not. Fred simply underestimated the speed of lacazette, fell behind and pushed him instead of keep running with him side by side and make a proper charge
love how you spin things a bit, La cazette's angle was getting tigher and ball was getting away plus he had another defender ahead .. tripping was an easier choice, Fred put a bit of body on him but not much. Fred should have let the next defender decide vs messing with Lacazette.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
love how you spin things a bit, La cazette's angle was getting tigher and ball was getting away plus he had another defender ahead .. tripping was an easier choice, Fred put a bit of body on him but not much.
I don't get your point if there is any at all. What spinning? You just like me, we are both explaining one and the same situation. How am i spinning and you're not? Cut the bs please dude. Seriously, it's not worth it I hope you at least agree on this one.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I don't get your point if there is any at all. What spinning? You just like me, we are both explaining one and the same situation. How am i spinning and you're not? Cut the bs please dude. Seriously, it's not worth it I hope you at least agree on this one.
yea I didn't mean it in a bad way, dont ruin your afternoon.. player was contacted and tripped or decided to fall but was not penalty kick worthy, that's my point.
I was happy for Arsenal but say it as see it (and don't think you would any differently)

I could be 1% wrong as the momentum of player could cause them trip with unusual contacts too but it was an easy contact.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
LOL even pros say it was a dive.. was kind of obvious ... it could go either way in football, that's why it feel rehearsed, pre arranged like american idol.

https://www.legit.ng/1226735-alexandre-lacazette-accused-diving-arsenals-epl-win-man-united.html

I watched it today and the fact that elbow is put on lacazette's back makes it impossible not to call but I have seen worse not called..from memory I only recalled thigh to thigh or knee to thigh by fred.

we all put spins, incl refs. While some pros say it wasn't , I say was harder for the ref not to call it.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
My afternoon won't be ruined by this kind of non issue. It was a penalty and the ref gave it. I don't think there is all that much left to argue about.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
glad your PM is better than your AM.. I would have liked to see indirect kicks in such cases, he was dribbling away from the goal anyway and another defensive player was ahead to challenge him.

Shitty penalties like this one (almost) have decided many games unfairly.

My afternoon won't be ruined by this kind of non issue. It was a penalty and the ref gave it. I don't think there is all that much left to argue about.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.