English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2018-19 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2005
Brighton finally get rid of their shitty coach. Jahanbakhsh had a complete reedemoon season and proved to be an expensive mistake for the club. If they keep him (doubtful), he should really step up his game.
While I agree that AJ had a disappointing season but with that coach mentality he could have done slightly better. I'd rather see him in a promising attacking style championship team than another super kiri defensive team in EPL.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Honestly, why not City? Their football is nice to watch. Yeah they've got the Arab money behind them, but it's being put to good use. Of all the crazy money paid in football, I think only City and Liverpool players are truly working for it. Spurs players too but they're not getting paid crazy money.
It's just nice to see smaller clubs winning trophies instead of the same old kit every year.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
While I agree that AJ had a disappointing season but with that coach mentality he could have done slightly better. I'd rather see him in a promising attacking style championship team than another super kiri defensive team in EPL.
Spot on...

He spent club record fee on an attacking player who was Holland top scorer and used him virtually as right back!
You know the guy's quality and pace then make him a pivotal player in your team by getting his team mates to get him involve and feed him and supporting him, instead of playing Sunday league hit and hope football.

used him virtually as right back!
No that's not fair claim either.

I tried to observe him all season whenever he played (I actually like this guy) and he was always in a Right-Midfielder role often transitioning to an offensive Right-Winger. He failed to gain the trust of his teammates because every time he got the ball he failed to penetrate or do something positive with the ball. When this occurs enough times, teammates start to prefer other options.

Overall Brighton played some shitty football and none of their players managed to stand out, so Jahanbakhsh can be excused as far as tactics go. This is typical among defensive-minded coaches (Mourinho being their highest ranked one). They ruin individual players for the greater good which in their mind is "not conceding". It's ugly and thankfully rarely effective.

Feb 4, 2005
Aston Villa advanced to playoff final for promotion to EPL 2019-20. They will face Leeds/Derby in the final. Leeds beat Derby away 1-0 last week and host them later on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.