English Premier League, FA CUP Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates ( 2019-20 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
he has always had hard time with crosses but for sure this is 100% a foul.. how the hell VAR missed it. insane..
I also think that it was a foul although De Gea should have dealt with it stronger , but where were the 2 center backs when the corner was taken? wrong positioning by Maguire & Lindelof.

Premier League explanation:

Later clarifying the decision, the Premier League told Sky Sports that the goal was given because Calvert-Lewin’s challenge was deemed ‘normal contact’, with the striker’s eyes clearly set only on the ball rather than inhibiting the path of the goalkeeper.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
100% foul but yes he should have gone for the ball harder.
It was definitely a foul on the keeper but you are right, he should have got his fingers on it and got a touch on it at least.
Brings back a bitter memory for me of something similar as I went up to catch a high ball and as I had the ball in my hands I got a strong nudge on my back and lost the ball but still thinking too much about trying to catch the ball I forgot about my landing and crash landed on my ankle and twisted it badly, the loose ball was tapped in for a goal and I walked off the field limping and left leaking my wounds for the next couple of months, no foul either!

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
It was definitely a foul on the keeper but you are right, he should have got his fingers on it and got a touch on it at least.
Brings back a bitter memory for me of something similar as I went up to catch a high ball and as I had the ball in my hands I got a strong nudge on my back and lost the ball but still thinking too much about trying to catch the ball I forgot about my landing and crash landed on my ankle and twisted it badly, the loose ball was tapped in for a goal and I walked off the field limping and left leaking my wounds for the next couple of months, no foul either!
And then you joined the VAR campaign. LOOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.